Monday, May 3, 2010

MONDAY TIME TO DANCE ON DESKS! YESTERDAY WAS BRILLIANT!

STOMP
ON WATER!

Would That We Could STOMP On Water . ~ ` ~
Coffee in hand, wishing you a blessed and beautiful Monday morning! But today's thoughts are sure to make you smile, as I got my coffee, got my smile on,
MY STOMP going, the music just started...
I am reliving yesterday and my face is already hurtin from the smile that is filling up the sky...
WOW, I am too blessed for less as my twitter pal says!

I’ll tell ya, that if it were possible to stomp on top of the water, Sunday would have been the day to do it.

The sun was so bright hot, I think my eyeballs even got a tan. I wish everyone of you could have been on the Gulf of Mexico with me. It was hot, choppy, but not to rough. No evidence of the devastating oil spill; no smell of oil ~

Bright, clear skies, the salty splash spraying over the bow of the boat; often feeling wonderful as it splashed over me.

White caps tumbling over each other, and white, white sand on every shore. Bonnie Raitt rocking the boat, rocking the air with her sultry and bluesy voice.

The dolphins were everywhere! Families of dolphins, lots of dolphins, several family pods, swimming in perfect harmony, leaping and jumping and playing with wild abandon (just for me).
We even saw a Manatee in the calmer waters on the intercoastal. First one ever!!!


Get this, a stingray leapt out of the gulf! Shining silver, like a ballerina! This is only the second time I have ever seen one except in an aquarium tank.

Then, to make it even more spectacular, we saw pink birds. Really big, salmon pink birds. They sorta looked like sea gulls. The color of Flamingos, but no long legs. Plus, I don’t think Flamingos fly all over the coast.
They perched in the coastal Mangrove trees. Not one, but a whole neighborhood of them in one tree.
So, upon returning home,
I jumped on line and discovered that they are Roseate Spoonbills, a native Florida bird. Will wonders never cease? I trust they will not.



This was a glorious day. It was perfect, it was wonderful, it was awesome! ANOTHER DAY IN PARADISE!

No outshining that sun, but fear not, I tried.

I’m sure I single handedly added my bling to the sky.
 And now, for a moment of vanity. You should see my tan! So we sang, and danced, and absolutely loved every moment of this terrific day.

To cap it all off, chop and all, I threaded the needle in docking the boat in a little two inch spot that a knat would have had to suck it in, to fit into that itty bitty space. Even the Dock master high fived me…
 It’s good to be me. LOL

Not that I want to toot my own horn, but BEEP BEEP.

I am especially sensitive to that PERFECT example of boat-womanship because I have a time or two, well, three or four, bounced off the dock like a ping pong ball.

So tell me, what could have been a better Sunday? Well OK, maybe if we had packed a few more bottles of water, and maybe if we hadn't frozen three that then wouldn't open although I put all my muscle into it, and then tried beating it to death against the side of the boat, but ultimately had to resort to using my key to poke a hole in the plastic!!! But that's OK, I was feeling "fearless"! haha





So here I am, replaying every wonderful moment in my head.
Admiring my developing tan, working on a full cup of coffee and loving this day. Feeling a little full of myself. It’s a good thing.

Would that every day could be this way for everyone. Especially for each of you. If I could bottle good feelings, I would. I’d gift them to you.




So sad that I cannot bottle such a day.
You will just have to go there in your imagination. Welcome to my best Sunday ever.
Now let’s get busy making Monday perfect. Starting with coffee was a good idea. What are you up to?

The fire is burning and the embers are hot. Stomp! Thoughts on the wind to those in Tenn. holding all in prayers there and those who are serving our great nation. HOPE in healing and thoughts on the wind to Chris in NY for great results and quick return home to FL, to Jill and family, for Cindy in NC, for those in "Southwest Virginia", for Liz, Lee, Molly, Joanie, Laura, Faith, 6 year old Shelby, family and friends for strength and continued healing, for: Irene, Phyllis, Gayle, Rene, Monica and Luci for strength today and all days, for those who have asked you know who you are... we are with you, as are the Ancestors... you are not alone, you are in the arms of the angels, and those here ... may you find strength and comfort in knowing that we have our warpaint on and are with you always... along the journey.

Wherever you are, whatever you are doing... Do it with grace, with style, with honest intention. Practice acts of kindness, smile from your heart until your face hurts!
Laugh and listen to the sound it will lighten your day...
So today I leave you laughing with this great quote that I just love from our beloved Dr Seuss,
"I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. Some come from ahead and some come from behind. But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!"  Happy Monday to all, HOPE you will join me in knowing... "I don't plan to have troubles!" STOMP ~ ~ ~


Walk In Beauty,
DRSES
author of Healing Heartaches, Stories of Loss and Life
http://www.drsherryeshowalter.com/

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are very funny. Laughed out loud as I read the blog. Felt the sun and the salt spray. it is good to be you. It is good here too. Cookin up a great start to tths Monday. Loved the Dr. Seuss quote! So hoping the oil spill does not take over the entire Gulf! STOMP

Anonymous said...

AWESOME, AWESOME, DONT HAVE TIME TO READ THE WHOLE BLOG THIS MORNING, WILL GET BACK TO IT LATER IN THE DAY. WHAT A WAY TO START THE MORNING TO HEAR THE LOVE AND EXCITEMENT IN YOUR WORDS OF BEAUTY WITH THE DOLPHINS, MANATEE AND REALLY?? PINK BIRDS???? ARE YOU SURE THAT WAS WATER IN THOSE BOTTLES? WILL HAVE TO LOOK UP THAT ONE. HAPPY DAYS DR. SES

IRENE said...

What a Day, made especially just for YOU !
Will be hard to knock that ear to ear smile off
Glad you enjoyed, you DESERVE more like that.
It was a spectacular Sunday. Spent it with
family, food, a ride in the convertible at SUNSET near the SKYWAY !!!! Just beauty at best
Today, will try to knock that smile off my face
and get down to business of the KNEE.

chris said...

Fantastic blog today--made me want to come home sooner!! Beautiful weekend up here too...Spent many wonderful hours with the grandkids making memories. HOPE to see ya all very soon..

Anonymous said...

STOMP ON water. Now that is a challenge. have stomped in puddles, in rain, on wet grass and pavement... But ON WATER. Only you doc would even conger up that idea. Gotta love ya! Heroic effort to master the challenge underway. Will keep ya posted. Thanks for keeping us on track with the daily celebration that life provides. It is all a matter of attitude.

Vicki said...

Sherry,
Fantastic blog today...I am so happy to hear you were out on the Gulf! Florida is a beautiful place to live! I am familiar with those Spoonbill Birds...but I would be~ because I AM A NATIVE!!..of Florida that is!
Had a nice day with my Mom, even took her to Hudson Beach! Then off to Pappas Ranch for dinner!
Hope everyone has a great week!!

Anonymous said...

WOW.... a great read..
also spent the day at the most
BEAUTIFUL place EVA !
VERY WINDY,enough wind to blow your
troubles far away..
The manatee lives in the intra
coastal ,she reminds of a DR. Suess character, as she is bigger than life!
I have named her Agatha, after my ancestor
It was such a beautiful day !
Couldn't you just feel the angels playing!!!
Off to work I go...
Best Monday to ALL !

Unknown said...

WOW-WHAT A DAY-Wish we were there. I can feel the sun on my face just thinking about it.
Busy Monday ahead - gotta get my stomp in gear - almost poured dog food in Olivia's bowl instead of cereal - guess i need to get focused . have a great Monday !!!!

Anonymous said...

Beep Beep? Gettin your tan on? That's the life. The good life. So glad you had a beautiful day. Know that you will have a million more days in Paradise, basking in the sun, chasing the wildlife, and docking the boat. You are after all, AMAZING!

Janeth said...

After reading this blogpost, I feel like moving to Florida too!! Imagination and memories of my beach days brought the smell of salty waters and the cool ocean breeze to my desk in D.C.!! It is good to live everyday and savor every moment just like those you lived this past weekend. Good Monday to All!