Tuesday, May 11, 2010

HOW TO: PARTY ON ~

Nana's Girls
"Let's Get This Party Started"

The party started with Olivia setting our table out on the deck ~ fancy stemware, the plates set "just so", napkins folded and silverware placed "just so" ~ The "mama" with margarita, The "Nana" margarita, The "OLIVIA" with apple juice (*her fav*) ~ the umbrella with lights ~
Ambiance: Perfect!
Meal: Perfect!
Evening: Priceless!
Memories: OUTSTANDING!
Moral: Let's Keep the party going!
Yes I get it... it's only Tuesday, it's early, but c'mon with me now... let's get this party started ...

Here I sit, waitin on the sun to shine with my coffee, with my thoughts, with my crazy four-leggeds doing their happy dance rounding the pool for the third time! They are "feelin me already" and I am only spirit talkin ... so c'mon now! Let's live it up, this is our moment...


Party On



Never ever need an excuse to have a party. Sometimes, I drink a ice cold coke, real fast, to create a party in my mouth.
Remember “Fizzys” yet another example of this. Balloons for no reason, a silly hat, wearing a boa to breakfast, just because the desire to celebrate something, in fact anything, gets the best of me.


Got some silly putty? Copy the funny papers. You know you want to. It was just Sunday a couple of days ago afterall and the comics are probably layin around somewhere or just sittin there waiting for you to ramp up the excitement.
Or if that fails, make a paper hat out of the front page and wear it all day. Everywhere you go, maybe to the office, or the grocery store today if you have a mind to, or what about to chemo! Now that ought to just make that RN look at you and wonder if that chemo "brain" syndrome they talk about has really done a number on ya.






Bet you can put a smile on lots of faces. Not everybody knows how to live in “Party Mode” But we are STOMPERS, we do celebrations right. What about when you go and volunteer at HOSPICE or at the Nursing Home ... imagine what they might just do if you where your shirt inside out or a clown nose and not make a big "to do" about that or even act as if you notice? Ever think of wearing two different shoes? Maybe one sneaker and one dress shoe? Tell them you have a matching pair at home, and "yes as a matter of fact, I do own a matching pair!"

Friends gathered around the grill soaking up the smell of almost done hot dogs. Kickin back with cold drink at the beach. Flying a kite, hesitating to take the key out of the ignition because I am Rockin Out to some jazzy tune. I can make a party moment out of the most ordinary thing. And I am proud to do it. Matters not if I am alone, or with a gazillion people. That’s why we go to the fair, to festivals.
ever watch a child kick a soccer ball? Truly amazing the competitive spirit of a child ~ You ought to see that Olivia when she "head butts that ball" ~ should see my Godson Kamryn when he uses those beautiful hands and focuses with those magnificent eyes and shoots the hoops with a "three" on the court! Or my Godson, D'Vante "aka, the beast" linebacker when he tackles some poor kid with the ball, and has the passion of a bobcat and and just does what he does with amazing strength and power ~ Remarkable to watch ~
FOCUS, CELEBRATION, S T O M P
Party ON ~
It’s that celebratory feeling of anticipation in the air.
We soak it up, feel it deep in our soul where that childlike quality is ever ready to spring into surprise mode.
Now really, doesn’t everyone like surprises?


Feel me here, I am not talking about a cocktail party where everyone dresses up and makes small talk. I am thinking about big, silly smiles. Belly laughing at my own antics.



Dancing with the mop as my chosen partner. Singing at the top of my lungs.
Can make a party out of that moment too.
Any reason is a good reason, anytime can be the perfect time.
              Let’s party today.
      Just because we can.
Life can be so serious, so burdensome if we stay anchored in our day to day chores, and responsibilities.
So stick a feather in your headband and call a friend.
 Make an event of it.
             Whatever it may be.
"'The sixth sick sheik's sixth sheep's sick'" is said to be the toughest tongue twister in the English language" did ya know that? Party on friends!




Life is short after all.
You know, eat dessert first. In fact, eat only dessert.
            Now here’s an idea.
Gather a party of four at your local eatery, everybody orders dessert and pass the plates around. Share the experience. If you’re still hungry after the sugar fest, order the entrĂ©e afterwards.

It’s OK, you get the idea.

Celebrate family, sunsets, friends, love, divorce, reunions, a new job, hell, leaving an old job you hated anyway.
Never, ever miss an opportunity to be the child that lurks in your heart.
Bake cupcakes, make potato head faces and name them.
Wear your PJ’s to mow the lawn.
Make a party out of nothing. Go to the dollar store, buy a foam visor and a deck of “Go Fish” cards.
Call your friends up and play at being the card sharks you know you are.
Be silly, have some fun.
              Laugh, and enjoy it.


Party like there’s no tomorrow.

This moment is all we are really sure of, so don’t waste it.
Make it something you will treasure.

Make it a great big, fun-filled, rainbow colored party.
Treat your self to a day filled with fun.
Celebrate you. OK?
Just trust me on this one... and click here!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GwjfUFyY6M

but don't forget to come back! LOLs

The fire is burning and its embers are HOT ~
Sending thoughts and healing to those on gentle breezes this morning: of HOPE, strength and prayers:
Chris in NY, Jill, Cindy, Andi and Mom, Tom, Faith, Liz, Molly, Lee, Laura, Charlie, Tom, Judi, Lisa, Denise, Jim, 6 year old Shelby her family and friends, Matthew, Joanie, :Phylis, Joyce, Rhonda, Dorothy, Lena Horne's Family,
For "southwest Virginia", for "TN" ~
And for all who are not mentioned YOU know who you are!

We are with you... so many here are Standing strong, fighting along side you, with warpaint on, sending healing vibrations along with Mother Earth, along the gentle breezes and winds, to caress your face on the day; to add to your arsenal of strength to give you what you need to face the battle ahead ~ when you are tired friends; rest... we will fight, we are warriors!
When you are restored; stand strong, we are beside YOU always ~ at the ready to join you in your battle ~!
We will be there just a breath away to join you in the good and difficult days ~ we will be there with the angels beside you, to remind you of the power that is yours...
``````                                 S T O M P
                                   S    T    O    M    P
                             and know we are with you
aho ~

CELEBRATE YOU, WITH GLADNESS AND GRATITUDE
and joy today ~ and remember... humor goes a long long way ~

Walk In Beauty,
DRSES
author of
Healing Heartaches, Stories of Loss and Life
http://www.drsherryeshowalter.com/

pay it forward ~ smile til your face hurts > you or someone else!
buy someone a coke in that fast food line and watch their face in your rear view mirror > it's contagious > it's fun> it's powerful> give em a card with this blogspot address> heehe

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, and I thought this would be just a regular Tuesday. What was I thinking? I am always up for a celebration. PARTY ON FRIENDS.
Happy read this AM. Smiling already, thinking about some silly stuff I just might dare to try. Thnaks Doc.

Anonymous said...

Good morning all!
There is a party at my desk every day. I have all kinds of fun things on display..I figured since I spend so much time here, I should make it a fun place. I have fuzzy hair figures with signs that say things like "you can agree with me or you can be wrong". I have witch figurines, I have a sign that says "There is a $5 charge for whining". You get the idea.

I try to have some kind of fun every day. On Mother's day, I had a septic pump burn out, and woke up to icky water in the basement. After the plumber, the wet vac, and the steam cleaning....my daughter and I watched horror movies.....and laughed!! (We're just strange like that)...so there is always fun to be had..some days you just have to look harder for it.

So..off to my work day, which already promises to be...well....interesting!

Blessings!
Lizzy

Irene said...

PAR TAY !!!!!!! says Dr. SES, well OKAY

Stand FIRM, smile, laugh and STOMP into this

party Tuesday...............

viridian.com/greendays said...

just catching up on the blogs today. What up with the decaf ???? Anyhow, loved the Lily pics, can u believe how big Hope has gotten, and what a great mom Lily has been from the beginning. Must share a quote from my home made mothers day card "My mother is like a rose, delicate, soft and graceful, In any field of roses I could find her in a heartbeat" A heartbeat -how cute is that ? I TREASURE THOSE HOME MADE CARDS.
Especially love the reminders to party; life is short, life goes quick, so advice well taken -have a party in your head daily-no need to wait for the weekend - live in the moment.
have a great Tuesday everyone - party likes its 1999 :)

Anonymous said...

OK, dont start with me this morning. Celebrate are you kidding me. It is a icky, rainy day. I just washed my hair and now you have ruined it for me. Or maybe not, I think instead of fixing my hair real prissy I will wear my clown hat to the Nursing Home and to Hospice. I will stop and get gas and buy a lottery ticket. I am sure to win with this clown hat. If the young man can win who had not teeth surely this clown hat will do the trick. Loved the Celebrate, I just got up in my pj and started dancing and I have 2 left feet. Fortunately I did not fall over them. You want a STOMP, well ok, already I am going for it today. Let it rain, let it rain and by the by it is about 40deg.. Thanks Dr. SES. Let them puppies run and bark. The neighbors will love it. Happy Face Day.

Anonymous said...

GOOD DAY TO ALL.
slept in today, ahhhh needed the rest
...Now I am ready to embrace this PARTY day. VACUUM WITH THE MUSIC BLARING,singing while I mop.
Then I will definitely need to rest..SO HAPPY
TAKE MY PARTY to the beach, with my noodle
and my bubbles....always find a spirit or two to
party with there... great idea dr....SO HAPPY TO HEAR CHRIS WILL BE HOME...STOMP...PARTY...STOMP...
WE ARE SURVIVORS.... I am a warrior...Have a great day! Have a "healing heartache " day !!!!

chris said...

OK--posted my comments earlier this AM but didn't proof read--so of course, the cyber gremlins got me good--dropped a couple sentences and when Sherry called me on it I was mortified!! Sorry about that. Next time I'll take the time to proof read...Here's the corrected version as best I remember typing it:
CELEBRATE, CELEBRATE DANCE TO THE MUSIC--I'M COMING HOME!!!Ok slight hitch I made the reservations for Monday instead of Sunday--So the ground will shake on Monday!! After all this time, what's 18 hours difference? NOTHING!! Leaving the 'girls' here in NY(they can stay it's cold here) BUT leaving with NO radiation or chemo-just pills!! What an amazing thing!! The Angels were with me for sure. Sherry, Dorothy and all of you have been my Angels. Yor prayers and thoughts surrounded me and I felt them all the time.. Of course, STOMPING 'till we gave ourselves shin splints didn't hurt either!! Thank you all for the Love and Support. "talk to ya later"

Anonymous said...

Can't stop the party now... Just home from work and going for a swim. Makin cookies for dinner. Might serve them up with some baked beans for protien, NOPE, re-thought that, it's cookies with ice cream. Think I'll just eat in the bath tub and see how that works out. Love to everyone.

Angie said...

Now that I have read your blog, I understand why your Mother aka Auntie Dot showed up at the nursing home in a clown wig!!! I just knew she had woke up on the wrong side of the bed and maybe fell and bumped her head but you know me Cuzo...I went w/it~ I said "I love your new hair do and the colors suit you so well." Then I noticed she had on "Red Hat" clothing and I said "I didn't know there was a Red Hat function today" She said "There's not but I knew you would get on me if my clothes, shoes, jewerly etc didn't match w/my hair"!!!! I almost lost it in the middle of the nursing home LMAO
Awesome blog as always and I totally agree...we do need to party like it's 1999!! Every day all day~~I also noticed at "The Ridge" as we call it that so many people had frowns on their faces and when I spoke they hesitated to speak back and it sounded like they were on their last breath. I said "Hey girlfriend, you need to turn that frown upside down and put a smile on your face" that got some laughing but others were too far gone.
Oh well, not me...not my style~~I don't take Tylenol for someone else's headache!!!
Luvs ya Cuz...counting the days :)

Anonymous said...

Cookies in the bathtub worked out very well indeed. Used milk bath. Milk goes with cookies right. Hot bath with ice cream, melted pretty qiuck form the steam so made a milkshake out of it. Will repeat this party often. Thnaks for the sugestion that we get the party started doc. Countdown to Monday Chris. I know you are looking forward to coming home. Rock On
Contemplating noodles on the roof in a lawn chair for tomorrow. From the sublime to the ridiculous.

Vicki said...

Gosh Sherry~ I should have read this blog this morning!!!!!!!! I needed a party!!
Chris~ it is really great you are finally coming home to Florida!
I love the cupcake part...LOL
I am really into cupcakes lately...can't tell you how many I have made!!!
Have a wonderful week all & don't forget to PARTY!!!!!