Friday, June 11, 2010

Here it is... The Week-End...

Ready for The Week-End
Wishing you Rainbows
Good Times
Great Moments in the Sun
Awesome Seconds Within Your Soul

It's morning... one week since
Our Magic crossed the Rainbow Bridge
7 days
/^\

That picture came from Lily the Black Bear's http://www.bear.org/ page of the log that the three Amigos often will sit at; dance on, pray over, play around.
Thanks to my friend Randy, I received it in an email and kept it for a day and guess this is the day ~
Randy is my pal in NM who did the great tribute to Granny 8 days ago, that everyone loved so, and I still watch and enjoy. Thanks Randy, you are a gift;
say hello to NM for me.

Yummy, my coffee is sure good this morning! Goin' to be another hot one, summer is here...
Thanks for all the best wishes to "Buddy Pal" the now driving Godson of mine! Yesterday's thoughts brought about some super comments and some great conversation from friends and family...

Ah, but it seems many remember these significant
"Rites of Passages"
I was talking with my Mom, (COB) who reminded me of when she took her test for a Learners Permit
(a few years ago)
She says her Dad took her; she was tested by a mean "Red Head" and still remembers her!
The BEST part?
She ran out of gas during her road test!!!

She then went on to tell me of letting Godson, her beloved D'Vante drive her fine Nissan... through back roads, side roads, up the steep hill to her home.
Seems all was good until he almost forgot to hit brakes as he approached her home! But managed to find the brake with his size 13 tennis shoe at the base of her home... whew...
Then the little Kamryn, 8 years old now will sit in her lap and drive up the steep hill for her to her home... He is the "Mario" behind the wheel... Loves to turn the wheel she says... and he loves to smile while doing it.
NASCAR maybe?
WHEW... a few years before we have to sweat that one.

So then I get an email from an elderly friend who remembers vividly that same rite of passage oh a few more years back, and I thought it too good not to share.

All dressed up for a day at the Department of Motor Vehicles, parent in tow... approaching the counter feeling less than secure... But ever so proud the moment had finally arrived.
Get to car with very very stern looking man, who informs him to get in to car and sit.
NO PARENT ALLOWED.
Then official gets into car, says start car.
Person sits; hands on wheel no movement, no talk.
"Start your vehicle"
"I can't Dad has keys" nervous laugh.
Official not amused.
Shyly gets out of car, gets keys.
Official says, "START CAR NOW PLEASE"
Car starts; sits still shaking hands at wheel.
Official: "Put car in drive, ease off brake and proceed"
"Puts care in D, eases off brake car sits still"
SITS still and now really shaking.
Official now red in face. What are you waiting for?
"You or the car to tell me what you want me to do"
OFFICIAL REALLY NOT AMUSED.
Car gets rolling, only to realize it is not car she had practiced in, bottom line, she didn't know how to shift gears on column, so kept reaching for floor gears.
Do I need to tell you... Official had to drive back!
So many wonderful stories of those who gather here and their "rites of passage" whether through the journey of grief, the struggles of everyday life or the comedies of living and growing and changing.

I can only tell you that the story above just tickled me to visualize a youngster sitting behind the wheel and not even noticing it was a different car than the one they were used to... not giving it a thought until called to do something and then finding out the hard way!
OR:
"I thought driving cars was like driving cars in video games! (Yes, I realize I am very dumb for thinking this.)

I thought that the longer you put your foot on the pedal, the faster it goes. So I put my foot on the pedal then VROOM! And I nearly drove my instructor and I into a drain. >_< And I bursted out laughing which he didn't appreciate. The rest of the class was fun though! I just think that the amount of pressure that you have to put on the pedal is so little that it's ridiculous."I think his car is just weird or something
Seems those folks don't seem to have a very good sense of humor most times do they??? Guess it is all that stress that they deal with and those close calls?
Maybe it is in knowing that they are responsible for turning out brand spanking new drivers on the road for the rest of us to fear... LOLs

The best car safety device is a rear-view mirror with a cop in it. ~Dudley Moore


BUT
gotta LEARN, gotta LIVE, gotta
LEAP AND KNOW THAT THE NET WILL APPEAR

My thoughts are brief today,
but let me leave you with this one.\:

WHAT WOULD YOU ATTEMPT
 TO DO
 IF YOU KNEW
YOU COULD NOT FAIL

You gave your life to become the person you are right now.
Was it worth it? (anonymous)

The fire is burning brightly, its embers are hot... Sending healing thoughts of strength, humor, and light to you and yours on this beautiful morning...


We are together in prayer, in thoughts of all that is needed to remind you out there, we are WARRIORS... we are with you, along with some powerful angels... May you find comfort in knowing we are with you always:






FOR: Our beautiful Gulf of Mexico and all those affected/infected by this horrific accident; our sea-life creatures, those living in and on the gulf waters and trying to make their livelihoods and provide for their families our prayers are with you and yours... Please help our Gulf...


Our Black American Bears  and Lily and HOPE, their spirit, and Chris, Jill {IS IN REMISSION}, the folks at the NABC, Joseph, Cathy M., Vicki and Matthew, Cindy in NC, Cindy C, Laura, Mitch and family, Liz, Lee, Molly, Joanie, Jude, COFA,Judi, Matthew, Matt, Mark's family and many friends , Andrea, Jimmy, Marie and family up in New England, Pat, Dorothy, Angela, Elijah, Ode, Linda M, "Southwest VA", Irene, Kevin, Dr D, Deb, Randy, Dr B , Charlie and family, Booker, Bernice, Jean, Julie, Rhonda, Victoria, Mildred, Andi and family, Irene, Faith, Denise, Jim, Tom, Joey, Shelby friends and family, Judi, Phylis, Joyce, Gina, Tonya, Deb O., Beverly and Family, Janeth, Melissa, Pam, Virginia, Stacey, Kevin Edward Belevich and his Pops Jack Phelan, Elizabeth, Nita, Gary Siegal, Adrienna,Brian Mawbey, of Mafia Wars Please hold the friends and family of these people in your hearts and prayers as they begin that long and uncertain journey through grief ~


Wherever you are and whatever you are doing... STOMP... have a marvelous day today....


You are in the arms of some powerful Warriors here ~






Walk In Beauty,
DRSES
Healing Heartaches, Stories of Loss and Life
http://www.drsherryeshowalter.com/
 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope today holds something special for all who gather here. Doc, take best care of you. You are suchan important part of each morning. Coffee and the Blog get everyday started here.
Thank you for writing. Thank you for sharing.

Irene said...

Morning all !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Doc, the funniest part of today's blog was
running OUT OF GAS on the driver's test.
I got such a kick outta that one. You go, COB
Coffee is good this a.m. Nice end to a great
week for me, I had loads of fun, sun & love.
Continue healing, my thoughts are with you.
Pray for our Gulf, stand FIRM

Cindy C said...

Thanks, Sherry - great stories - made me laugh out loud. The question about what I would attempt to do if I knew I couldnt fail always maked me think that I wish I was 25 & knew everything I now know at 56 - THEN the sky would be the limit. But reality is we all learnt the hard way, I guess. I haven't had a stellar life so far, but have accomplished at lot in terms of personal growth. Have just this week interviewed for a new position which would be a HUGE promotion for me & transfer to another Dept. where I work. Something that I would've shied away from in past because I have been scared to really challenge myself. Think I have a really good chance of getting it to. We'll see. It feels good. Peace.

Anonymous said...

Godson drove over the Mountain I tell you. His first mountain. I would have liked to be in his dreams last night. He is very quiet when he drives and it focuced. I am the one leaning to the left when I think he is going to come over to far. I just laugh and say I want to get close. haha. You know those seats want let you get close when you used to hold your fellows hands in those big old cars of long ago. It is a challenge and a good one. Focus, look and listen. Have a great weekend and Blessings to all.

Anonymous said...

Caching up ... since I've been too busy for my dose of inspirations here... wow i have missed a lot.
Doc so sorry to hear of your loss of your beloved and every feisty Magic, sounds like he now is raising caine in dog spirit land on a Harley though... Ice Water? Really... LOL
The the "rite of passage" was fantastic. What a great sequence of "getting bigger" that was and I loved the comments, and then to hear that COB ran out of gas! I almost busted a gut. READERS: go back to yesterday and re read, read the comments: here's what I've learned ... you will remember those "rites of passage" you will love the memories it conjours up ... you will learn that DRSES has a most colorful and fantastic family... cast of characters: Mom=COB, Godson=Buddy Pal, D'Vante, T, TT, ODE, dog=Magic, there is a Bunny who owns a car and allowed a kid to back it into the road where he sat for minutes (why?) who knows, DRSES will let ODE drive to Disney with his Mom tied to top of car who is also Angie=cuz .... and then we find out that our own DRSES let a little ODE drive not just a car when he was little, but a freaking LEXUS???? Talk about living life while dancing on the edge of the roof? Damn, wish I had a DRSES Godmother I'm thinkin when a teenager in a ratty ole Mustang with rust everywhere?!!!
and learned to drive in a old pick up. Hope this young man is reading this today... He needs to hear us say, "you lucky devil you!"
Be safe out there son.~ Sounds like you really have got yourself one "Godmother and Family" that loves YOU.

and then you can top it with the plumpest cherry when you realize, one of our own.... JILL IS IN REMISSION AND CHRIS IS CANCER FREE... and just think

IT ALL HAPPENS HERE ON THIS PAGE OF WARRIORS ... and DRSES has us all saying,
S T O M P and we like it! Nope... love it!
thanks doc!!!

Did I get this all kindof right?? LMAO
Have a great weekend. Congrats Cindy on the new job... Magic happens on this page is all I got to finish with... got to finish my catch up.
Just call me: Grateful to have found this page, and I am tellin others too! {still Laughing} which is a great thing

Angie said...

Hi All...
The Ode story is as follows...
Had he been a girl I wanted to name him Oceana because I loved going to Ocean City w/the fam and his middle name would have been Elizabeth (Granny & Sherry's middle name} As I was tell D'Vante and the fam what I would have named him, Sherry & I started laughing so hard and all of a sudden D'Vante said "I guess my nickname would have been Ode" not sure why he thought that and I am sure he wishes now that would have never left his mouth b/c he is now our Ode!! I call him that around his friends and they just laugh and some have started calling him that which I don't think he really likes but he knows how much it made me and his Godmother laugh so....that is how D'Vante got the name Ode~~~
Yes we all have some funny names...I was given the nickname "Oompah" from the movie Willie Wonka from a cousin of mine in the 7th grade and I so hated it and never wanted to hear it again but since moving back to VA and reconnecting w/some friends from the 7th grade, thats what they remember me by and so again I am Oompah~~My how some nicknames never go away~~

Anonymous said...

SAFE AND WONDERFUL
WEEKEND TO ALL...
from one STOMPing warrior
to another.... LOVE this blog,
can't imagine a day going by without....
Thanks for the laughs, tears,
CHEERS.... Gotta love our ANGELS....
here and on the other side....
we surely have a great time here,
don'tcha think !!!
Best of all to each of you....Peace
in our minds and in our hearts...