Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Last day of June? Really? Wow

LAURA AT THE CARWASH
MS150
Before the "OMG" hit
Just had to give ya a picture of the now famous
Car Wash... After all, you were so supportive!

Here we are... last day of June 2010, can ya believe it? Sitting here with my coffee, (poured 2 cups for me and my imaginary friend)... babies are running the NASCAR totally oblivious to the fact that in a mere 5 days they will have the family here to play with!  UH OHHH, we better get busy cleaning and making the joint sparkle like a holiday for them!

Where does time go... seems it was just yesterday that we were wanting spring to arrive in all its glory... Now the hibiscus are just blooming a bloom a day, Gypsy and Jeepers fighting to see who gets to shred those fallen flowers first; preferably in the freshly vacuumed floor I might just add!
Grass grows so fast the mower can hardly cool off; speaking of cooling off? Notice how that heat just drains ya? Florida heat... love it!
Yep, we've all recovered from the car wash, Laura just as tickled as tickled can be!
Shawna out there in Texas was singing
"Workin at the Car Wash"
all day from a distance she posted here ...

Ah yes, and my beloved Joan just had to go and comment on the shortest blog ever yesterday! So, I'm thinkin of shortening these thoughts... yep maybe if I don't get my "ramble on" it will leave more for folks to ponder and comment on, leaving me more to read!
Good idea...

Today I'm thinking of the family arriving soon; ah but what fun that will be. We will be heading off to Disney in JULY FLORIDA HEAT... for a couple of days to sweat.. I mean to play and experience the wonders of magic.  It will be awesome; Kamryn and Buddy Pal have their "excitement on" but their Mom and COB are maybe a bit more excited than the boyz I'm thinkin'.
?
As for me... I just stay excited!
So for today I'm hoping that you will find excitement around every corner, around each encounter with self and others.
It's summertime... watermelon, fresh tomato sandwiches with salt/pepper mayo and "white bread" yummy! The livin is easy... them fish jumpin in the gulf waters here in Tarpon Springs...

BEAUTY ABOUNDS... If we but open our hearts, our eyes and our "nuwati" our nervous systems! And don't forget the music ~

Have you heard from Ellen DeGeneres yet? I'm still waiting... maybe she and Portia are on vacation and that's why I haven't gotten that phone call.
Did you know that a Kangaroo cannot walk backwards... so sad for the Kangaroo don't ya think?

When is the last time you walked backwards? Try it for the view, but just be sure you survey what is there before hand... don't want you to get hurt!
Maybe rather than walking backwards we can just look back from time to time; holding on to that which brings us joy... sifting like sand and holding the treasures and letting the rest go!
"I always knew looking back on the tears would make me laugh, but I never knew looking back on the laughs would make me cry."

Here's to our wildest dreams and realities that make us stronger, more committed to being the best that we are...

stomp
STOMP
Have yourself the greatest of days...

July is coming, get ready to make some fireworks in your life, some picnics in your heart, some wonder in your world...
"As we grow up, we learn that even the one person that wasn't supposed to ever let us down, probably will. You'll have your heart broken and you'll break others' hearts. You'll fight with your best friend or maybe even fall in love with them, and you'll cry because time is flying by. So take too many pictures, laugh too much, forgive freely, and love like you've never been hurt. Life comes with no guarantees, no time outs, no second chances. you just have to live life to the fullest, tell someone what they mean to you and tell someone off, speak out, dance in the pouring rain, hold someone's hand, comfort a friend, fall asleep watching the sun come up, stay up late, be a flirt, and smile until your face hurts. Don't be afraid to take chances or fall in love and most of all, live in the moment because every second you spend angry or upset is a second of happiness you can never get back." {anonymous}
although this sounds quite familiar doesn't it... LOL
maybe not so anonymous I'm thinking.

The last day of June... Let's get the party started called
"LIFE" today. Invest in YOU, in others. Step into the light of now, we have now, this moment is yours; mine to make it count.
Step into the day with great gratitude knowing you have been blessed by the having of this day!
NOW... given that, whatchu going to do today?
Any phone calls; emails, letters that you might need to write?
Any random acts of kindness coming over you that you just might be wanting to do?
Buy someone some "skittles" and a coke!
They can have a rainbow in their mouths and fireworks in their brain at the same time. Wow! Now there's an idea who's time has come.
Start planning to go and see some fireworks on the 4th, but don't forget to record our Nations' Capital celebration it's awesome... sure would like to be there again someday and see that show.


The fire is burning brightly and its embers are hot... Thoughts on the gentle breezes to all today.
Hope in healing ways for our GULF and for all to know you are never alone (well maybe for a little while if you need a respite.
But we are with you when and if you need us along with some powerful angels here...


FOR: Our beautiful Gulf of Mexico and all those affected/infected by this tragedy; our sea-life creatures, those living in and on the gulf waters and trying to make their livelihoods and provide for their families our prayers are with you and yours... Please help heal our Gulf...

Our North American Black American Bears and Lily and HOPE, http://www.bear.org/ , Dr Rogers, Donna, Sue, and Chris, Jill , the folks at the NABC, Joseph, Cathy M. and family,
Vicki and Matthew, Cindy in NC, Cindy C, Laura, Mitch and family, Liz, Lee, Molly, Joanie, Jude, COFA,Judi, Matthew, Matt, Mark's family and many friends , Andrea, Jimmy, Marie and family up in New England, Pat,
Dorothy, Angela, Elijah, Ode, Linda M, "Southwest VA", Irene, Kevin, Dr D, Deb, Randy, Dr B , Charlie and family, Booker, Bernice, Jean, Julie, Rhonda, Victoria, Mildred, Andi and family, Irene, Faith, Denise, Jim, Tom, Joey, Shelby friends and family, Judi, Phylis, Joyce, Gina, Tonya, Deb O., Beverly and Family, Janeth, Melissa, Pam, Virginia, Stacey, Kevin Edward Belevich and his Pops Jack Phelan, Elizabeth, Nita, Gary Siegal, Adrienna,Brian Mawbey, and Susan Seaman who recently died 

May the Creator watch over and remind you that we are with you along with some powerful angels... may you find comfort in knowing you are with some powerful angels here and on the other side... Wado!

Walk In Beauty,
DRSES

http://www.drsherryeshowalter.com/

 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where is Irene? I beat her again with the first comment of the day? Oh well, here goes I do believe in the power of laughter and the random acts of kindness. Just pull thru a drive in take out and look behind you and pay for their meal. You pull off real quick so they will not feel they have to thank you. Good feeling. Who dat in the red shirt, she sure is strutting her stuff. Good fer her. Looks like a Tink that I know. Vacation with family, arent you lucky so many people do not have families and others do but not loving and kind. In my line of work I see it every day just upsets a long the way, so funny how it hurts at times. We are praying for all of the people affected by BP and especially for the family of the Captain who shot himself on his boat because of his future in boating taken away by some greedy people. We all try to look for the future and some of these fishermen future is surely gone. Lets look forward to the July 4th independence day and hope our future is brighter. Thanks for todays blog and all days. Every one get out of bed and keep those comments coming. I need something to do with my time. Blessings.

Irene said...

HERE I AM !!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for missing me.
Wow, a family vacation in the center of the state with the FLA HEAT! What fun for you.
Walking backwards. As a matter of fact, I do that in the POOL to strenghthen my bum knee.
When I do, I see where I have come " from "
Glad to hear the four-leggeds are runnin' the race....... would love to see that once.
Coffee is good this morn. Nice rain storm last eve, too. I will make the MOST of today.
Tomorrow, JULY 1st, my parent's anniversary, married in 1945, we always had a BIG celebration for them. I was born the NEXT day
July 2nd, running joke....... ha-ha.
Firecracker baby. My cousins are here and their grandchildren are also in Fla, visiting from Culpepper, VA. The boys are 13 & 11, what fun we have. SKYPED with their parents, so they got to see their little dog, Rascal.
Life is fun, make it count, smile, do for others. I plan on being the winner of Florida's million-dollar lottery on July 6th.
NUFF said for today, I remain FIRM on that.

Anonymous said...

OMG what a beautiful morning sky. All ribbons of pink and lavender and mauve. No fireball of sun after the storm last night but I still wish I had brought along a camera. Would have pulled off and snapped a few frames just to capture the beauty. Walkin backwards? Some days I have to spin around just to get forward momentum. You know what they say, one step forwad... two steps.... Not today though. Hump day is already here. Sounds like ther are lots of family visits goin on and commin on. Enjoy!

DrSES said...

FROM LAURA: NOTICE HOW THE GOAL WAS ACHIEVED FOR MS: WE ARE HOT ON THE TRAIL FOR A CURE:

Anonymous said...
First and FOREMOST, I AM grateful! Grateful to be alive, grateful to breathe, grateful to have daily options and even more grateful to have enough marbles to use as common sense. I have the common sense to have the best husband in the world, the best of friends, the best attitude I can daily, and always, enough, I have just enough. I have been humbled by poor decisions I made, but knowing now, I choose that a lesson and not a mistake because it will never happen again..
Gratitude is the hearts memory. Even though my Dad was an alcoholic, I understand it's a horrific disease, he loved me as good as he could, and I'm grateful for the time I did have with him. Cathy, stay atrong, STOMP! To my carwash friends, I am still grateful, and my heart is still a flutter! I am extremely grateful that my sore muscles decided to stand down, and according to my Shawna, we are unofficially at 10024.25!!! We did it, thanks to so many of you...Speaking of which, Irene where are you? I've NEVER logged on when you hadn't commented! Thanks Dr. Ses, just for everything, even the D.Y.S. you bring on without notice!!! Big Wado to U! Laura
P.S. Solette, (miss you much) So many butterflies I wish I could share with you! Stay aboard, you won't regret it! To the lady in Katy, you're awesome even just for the offer. Texas is some kind of friendly! MS watch out, WE the Warriors have HAD IT with you!

Anonymous said...

good morning.. great to be back home
lots of stuff to do, mostly work stuff..
Laura, I am ready to sell candy,
maybe a carwash at SNS in the fall?
Let me know how I may help...would be honored!
Today I will try the walking backwards..
might make a few people more aware of from where they came... LOL...
I'm sure to raise a few eyebrows !
Great blog..lots of lessons..
May all the Angels sing to us
today...and keep us happy !


k home..

Angie said...

Good Evening....yep I am late late late reading today but there is so much going on here in VA. Had to take placement test at the community college today and get registered for just two classes that will go towards an Associates Degree in Human Services!! Not to toot my horn but....TOOT TOOT hey BEEP BEEP!! I am so excited and I think the fam is too~~
I am also getting very very excited about going to Florida...I don't care how hot it is gonna be...I need to sweat a few...okay several pounds off and what a great way to do it~~ Hanging w/the fam at my favorite Cuz's and then chillin w/Mickey & Donald~~ Oh what fun we are gonna have and Cuz I don't know who is more excited. When I picked up Lil Kam from camp today he said "Now mom, when do we leave for Puddy Pals?" I said "On Monday" He said "What's today" I told him and he started counting and then he started hollaring.....So I guess the lil guy wins again because if you would have listened closely I think you would have heard him in Tarpon Springs :)
Hope everyone has a blessed evening~~
Luv ya Cuz~~

Anonymous said...

Of course kangaroos backwards, they would trip over their tails! I guess I should have noticed things would go backwards in my life when I got 3rd place in the backwards race, I think I was in 4th grade...oh my! Welcome home Irene! STOMP people! Why do they call it a "spill"? A spill ends, you can only spill so much, however much is in the container, glass. And from an Optimistic Pessimist point of view, if the glass was only half full you'll ony have half as much to clean up (Enter Bounty, stage left)...It's an oil GUSH! Is it ever gonna end?, or are we just going to keep turning the other cheek and wait for the end of time to come warp speed from freed??? I say we stomp some BP butt! Why aren't those big wigs out there cleaning up the animals they are killing by not expediting that plugging of the gush? So many unanswered questions...Ellen Help!