Friday, June 4, 2010

SPEAKING YOUR TRUTH ~ WITH STRAIGHT EYES ~


Blessed and Beautiful Morning

Good and beautiful morning ~ This first week of June just flew by on the wings of Eagles ~
Coffee fresh and hot this morning... hmmm, think I'll pour two cups just in case...
Ate so many Reese Cups yesterday... oops can't forget the Kit Kats ~ I think I put on a few pounds in honor of Granny's birthday, but ah, it'll be all right...
Don't sweat the small stuff ... right?

And while at it... that brings me to a thought or two...

Don’t Make Promises You Can’t Keep or so I'm thinkin  ~


A promise is your word, you honor, a reflection of your integrity, your history if you will.
"It does not require many words to speak the truth" {Chief Joseph}

 Reminds me of a time when the Godsons' were here visiting ... Can't remember the conversation, but at some point Kamryn the 8 year old said, "Well if Godmother said it you know it is true, cos' she always keeps her word, and that's IT cos' that's what her said".
Whew... if that doesn't wake you up and then keep you on your toes I just don't know what would! So I now make sure to think more than once when "promising" that we will do this or go there or do that... Boy he sure does pay attention to the Godmother ~ LOLDon’t make a promise you don’t intend to keep, or can’t keep.



It will quickly teach people that you are not good for your word. And once you lose as the kids say, "street cred"... well you're pretty much "screwed" as far as your word goes... kinda like those "treaties back in the day if you feel me here", yep, pretty much done in if you know what I mean... Are you feelin me yet???

 This is one of the most serious breaches of trust. And most of us really really know that TRUST is ever so important in life...

If I know you will do what you say, and own what you do; I can trust you.
 If you teach me otherwise; no matter what else you do, I will hold deep in my heart the firm belief that I cannot count on you. That talk is cheap. And believe me when I tell you... there are many like me who have little tolerance for talk being cheap!  Just not a whole lot of time for that with life being so precious... and "street cred" being so important... sort of like those treaties?

So walk the walk, and talk the talk.
Be first a person who is good for their word.
               A person of truth and integrity.



"No legacy is as important as truth." --- William Shakespeare.

Spirit/Heaven knows we all have seen the results of promises and treaties broken...


This includes what I call threats of future action.
I say, if this happens then I will….
"I am tired of talk that comes to nothing" {Chief Joseph} and {DRSES}

If I fail to follow through with the action I forecasted, this too will teach you to dismiss my words.
Don’t over inflate your intentions.
 I hear people say if you do such and such I’ll never speak to you again.

 Now really...
Don’t you mean to say that you strongly disagree with their plan? That you feel so strongly about it that you cannot even imagine the bad outcome that is possible. So say what you mean, mean what you say.
S T O M P
S   T   O   M   P
S      T      O       M      P

We all are guilty at one time or another of exaggerating statements, embellishing stories. "I once caught a fish and it was ______________ this big" comes to mind (when it was actually a bit bigger than a guppy)!

This is creative license and falls into an altogether different category.

The little genius in each of us pops up now and then and gets control of our voice, so discount this bit of childlike creativity. "NO, I am not kidding, when I was your age I had to walk 16 miles just to go and find the cow and then had to milk it, stop by and get the eggs from under the chickens on the way back and get home to fix your breakfast you ungrateful little snot" LOLs

But when it comes to the real stuff.
That is sacred. That must not be taken lightly.

The Five Levels of Truth-Telling:
 First, you tell the truth to yourself about yourself.
Second: tell the truth to yourself about another.
Third: you tell the truth about yourself to another.
Then you tell your truth about another to that other.
And finally, you tell the truth to everyone about everything. ~ Neale Donald Walsch



I believe that Neale Walsch says it best.
For at the heart of every truth, is the commitment to be honorable. If you are a “Truth Teller” you can make a promise and your word is as good as gold. The response you get from your promises is “Surety”. You know it to be the truth, the commitment and all others will know that about you too.

So be truthful in word, be honorable in all your deeds, make only promises that you will and can keep, and be proud. For in each step you take you will take with honor, with integrity... the Ancestors will smile upon you and you will know you are honoring the foundation that was laid for you. You will shine in a little kids eyes for they will be able to say, "her said so and her tells the truth"... and that my friends will make you feel good all over more than anywhere else ~ On that I promise you!

Just have to invite you to see Granny again... just in case you missed it yesterday ~
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xdjcha_you-ll-alway-be-the-wind-beneath-my_people

Yes, I know... you may get tired of watching long before I am tired of sharing... heehe

The fire is burning and its embers are hot... thoughts on the wind today of HOPE, strength, resiliency and laughter...
We are together in prayer, in thoughts of all that is needed to remind you out there, we are WARRIORS... we are with you, along with some powerful angels... May you find comfort in knowing we are with you always:
FOR:

NABC, our Black American Bears Lily and HOPE, their spirit, and
Chris, Jill, the folks at the NABC, Joseph, Vicki, Cindy in NC, Cindy C, Laura, Mitch and family, Liz, Lee, Molly, Joanie, Jude, COFA,Judi, Matthew, Matt, Mark's family and many friends , Andrea, Jimmy, Marie and family up in New England, Pat, Dorothy, Angela, Elijah, Ode, Linda M, "Southwest VA", Irene, Kevin, Dr D, Deb, Randy, Dr P , Charlie and family, Booker, Bernice, Jean, Julie, Rhonda, Victoria, Mildred, Andi and family, Irene, Faith, Denise, Jim, Tom, Joey, Shelby friends and family, Judi, Phylis, Joyce, Gina, 2 time Cancer survivor Tonya, Beverly and Family, Janeth, Melissa, Pam, Virginia, Stacey, Kevin Edward Belevich and his Pops Jack Phelan, Elizabeth, Nita, Gary Siegal,from Mafia Wars,Brian Mawbey, of Mafia Wars Please hold the friends and family of these men in your hearts and prayers as they begin that long and uncertain journey through grief

Wherever you are and whatever you are doing... STOMP... have a splendid day today.... You are in the arms of some powerful Warriors here ~

Walk In Beauty,
DRSES
author of
Healing Heartaches, Stories of Loss and Life
http://www.drsherryeshowalter.com/

share this page with others ~ Remember: make someones day with a smile, a giggle, a knowing look... You will make them curious and just might make their day in the process~


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Agree, agree, agree, STOMP. Just speak the truth. Lies are exhausting for the listener and the liar. Loved the description of the 5 levels of truth telling. As always doc, thank you for your clear words and teaching lessons. Keeps us all on track. Best to all for a action packed weekend. I will be busy reading, working on my fumbling Spanish lessons, my tan, and having a blast! Chris, take a spin in that fire-engine red four wheeled fun machine for me.

Anonymous said...

The truth shall prevail. You can not trust anyone who lies, the old saying is if you lie to be you will steal from me. Thank you for reminding us of so many lessons we really need to think about and work on. Loved the picture of you and Granny this morning. I did remember to blow out the candles last night. It was a beautiful night. Thanks Dr. SES. Blessings to you.

Irene said...

Greetings on this FRIDAY, week's end.
TRUTH be told....... not just an expression.
Liars and people who deceive, not worth the time or energy. Good blog today, Dr. SES
Don't piss on my leg and tell me it's raining.
Liar, Liar, pants on FIRE.
Look me in the eye.............
Chris: what kind of RED CAR? Good luck to you
Enjoy everyone.......... always, FIRM

Anonymous said...

GOOD MORNING... a bit late today... will not
LIE... I was sleepind in and it felt great!
Loved the picture of you and Granny, talk about thunderbeings...PARTYING LAST NIGHT for sure.
WICKED COOL !
Talk about truth and trust...I have a hard time
not speaking the truth I feel, gets me into trouble...
I was raised that "honsety was always the best
policy "...regardless of the
consequences... "be true to yourself "
I trust only thoughs I know who will always
tell me the truth, even if it is something I'd rather not hear.... Learned a long time ago, to never make promises.... Life can get in the way
sometimes of promises made, then you have hurt
and mistrust.... THANKS FOR ANOTHER GREAT
DAY OF THOUGHTS.... sure appreciate the time you
take for all of us ! This is the TRUTH...