Sunday, June 6, 2010

A New Day ~ Different Day Here

Magic and Kamryn
Watchin TV
Kamryn Movin' in for the "Ear Holdin of the Magic"

It's mornin'... such a different morning here today without the Magic.
Thank you all for the outpouring of love and support, it means the world to our family ~
This morning I awoke with my arm in the air, holding the covers up for Magic to crawl under as usual... that was after he "visited" me in my sleep: (honest Injun)
 laying on my chest, with one paw on each shoulder and his head on my face...
waking me up to hold up the covers
so he could crawl under!
Guess that was his way of letting me know all is good.
The little ones sense the change of energy in the home; still unsure of what is different, how to be, how to play, looking around for him, they are grieving I think...
it will take some time I guess for all of us,
 just as it will take the ole "grief expert" some time. 
 I just keep thinking of how this all happened so quickly; and of his visit to me, letting me know all is good in
Magic Land.
The kids are taking it pretty hard; Magic has been their dog since he was 6 weeks old... and heaven knows when they are here he gave them a run for their money.
Yes, it's true... Kamryn used to run Magic ragged through the house and the yard, but then get so tickled of their chases that he would just collapse laughing, only to be pounced on by Magic.
And yes... I made him get on all fours to chase Magic ... after all Magic was on all fours! Fair is fair, right?
Oh my did they have fun . . .
 ~ Laughing through the tears here ~

Magic was adorable when he was wee... fit inside a slipper he did, and used to love to fall asleep under your chin.
When first moved to Florida, the realtor was taking a picture of us from the far side of the pool, and just when she "clicked that hallmark moment" Magic fell in the pool ~ captured on film is us with our mouths wide open in sheer horror as the little Magic took his first plunge into Florida ~

Our Magic was fierce... he had the equivalent of a brain disorder... just wasn't wired quite right it seems... the doc called it "rage syndrome" and it got worse as he aged. 
 See he could be loving you like you've never been loved and all of a sudden...
in a heart beat he would bite the crap out of you...
(who am I kidding, mostly he would bite ME), although others have that claim to Magic fame as well!
As soon as it happened, Magic was immediately remorseful; immediately...
It just came over him, just like that... seems the Magic never as an adult dog could never know true peace he was always hypervigilant, hyper-aggressive,
hyper-loving ~ in a snap ~ although he had moments of sheer bliss ... and such loving and fun...
He just loved to jump, throw his toys in the air and STOMP, CELEBRATE, and intimidate the little ones!
BUT
when he was loving he was sooooo loving
and
he was so very loved through it all.
He was MAGIC

HOWEVER
Kamryn, who was known to suck/nibble/hold ear in teeth; on Magic's ears, play with his tail, get in his food, sit in his "off limits to touch" bed, play ball, try to teach him basketball
and various other things...
was Magic's alter ego.
He and Kamryn were two little crazy peas in a pod!
Buddies through it all!
And how they loved to romp, run, and watch TV!
Maybe now I can actually watch Animal Planet... Magic never did care for that show, he would jump off my lap, and leap in the air barking at the TV when it was on. NOPE, Magic did not like competition, not even on TV.

Yes, Magic had trainers... he even had the famous Barker Breakers or whatever their names were...
It was quite comical now that I think back...
cost a pretty penny too!
So here we are, Magic, the brother /sister combo trainers, and us being told/taught how to train MAGIC...and be the "pack leaders"!
When all of a sudden the Brother trainer was kneeling beside Magic (who was in the territorial bed of his) was telling us that in 25 years he had NEVER been bitten by a dog; and it was all about being "leader of the pack"... OK, we're with ya teacher, lead on... (here I'm thinkin best not to tell him that Magic drinks my ice water, cos' I do make the best ice water in the history of the world... Just ask Olivia if you need validation on that one)
{now that's another little spirit child who will be crushed when she is told that Magic has gone to Heaven...}
And so...
As Teacher makes his move... "STOMP" Magic nails him!
Gotta tell ya, thought teachers' sister would bust a gut, I almost fell out of my chair, Magic, glared at him and jumped into my lap...
{a part of me felt better I gotta admit cos' it wasn't just me who couldn't control Magic}
FUNNY? sorry but I think ... YES
So Brother teacher is given a kleeenex for the punk hole in his thumb; glares at his sister, stutters a bit... tries to hide the bulging veins in his neck but can't hide the red face... and says,
"I HAVE NEVER EVER MET A MORE STRONG WILLED DOG IN MY CAREER, OR MY LIFE THAN MAGIC" ~
They said they had a lifetime money back guarantee... hmmm, wonder if I can get my money back?

So there ya go...
Sorry, laughing through tears again.
"When a dog bites a man, that is not news, because it happens so often.
But if a man bites a dog, that is news."
 {Kamryn made news more than once}

--John B. Bogart


"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself." --Josh Billings

Magic will be missed,
but I find tremendous comfort in knowing that
he is now
at true peace
He lived a "great four-legged's life" loved by his family.
All that he was missing was
one small switch in his brain to replace "rage"
and a Harley of course ~

I usually don't ever say RIP
but for MAGIC it seems most fitting for awhile now that he's in
spirit land
so,
MAGIC, R.I.P BABY
and thank you for all the good times;
and once you have known true peace...
Let it really RIP... your way your style with a spirit that is filled with all goodness and with great fun!
Sure hope you get a Harley and ICE WATER fixed for ya.

The fire is burning, the sage, sweetgrass, cedar are fired up with prayers of great gratitude for the support and loved being received by so many.
Thoughts on the wind to all today, you know who you are... We are with you always.

Walk In Beauty,
DRSES




7 comments:

Cindy C said...

wow, you posted real early today & no comments yet? Thinking of you today. Good Magic Stories there - thanks for sharing your Magic with us. Take all the time you need for yourself. Sending up prayers of love, comfort & peace.

Anonymous said...

When Magic was a baby we read up on all the Min-Pin books. They all said that the Mim-Pin was the "King of Toy breeds. Magic was the KING in spades. A loving "Hail to the King" here. We were indeed his Esnees. The King's absence is quite an adjustment.
I woke up thinking about this being the first Sunday ever where we could go out the front door and retrieve the newspaper without making the choice to sneak out the garage and go around to the porch, or go to the door and face utter chaos. It's that, and the quiet without Magic that is profound this morning. Don't remember the last time I even attempted to read the paper....
I recognized his unconditional love because I have been lucky to have know this kind of love all my life.
So Magicial, Pero Diablo, Mr. Man, we miss you. To our dear friends, thanks for dinner and thank you for bringing and planting the beautiful butterfly bush. Magic will be like Dr. Suess' pony... eating the Rainbow whole and pooping butterflies. Gotta love the four leggeds.

Vicki said...

Thank you for sharing the stories of Magic!
I am praying for you & Dorothy as you adjust to his absence...sure is hard to lose an animal as they are family...
Enjoy the beautiful memories...may sunny days lie ahead...
XOXO

Anonymous said...

wow, great stories and I can see the love that Kamryn and Magic shared... yep it sure does look like he was going in for a kiss and a ear grab! That's a great picture and the stories are awesome... thanks Doc, hope you are takin care of yourself... thanks for continuing the thoughts as all of us count on them each day... funny so few comment... guess you always told us, folks don't know what to say, so they say nothin? even here? kinda surprised tho'... thoughts to all and love the Magic stores and the photos hope to see more c'mon folks wehre r you today?

IRENE said...

Wow, finally I got on the blog site !
MAGIC stories, MAGIC blog, MAGIC magic.....
I could feel the tears as I read on & on.
To you and all who loved your dearly departed
four-legged: he had a GREAT life in your
household, I am sure. Miss him, but not too
much... it will crush your spirit.
I don't have words kind enough to express to
you on this loss, so just know I am sorry.
Always and forever, Irene M

chris said...

Magic is just a breath away-as you can tell from your visit. Granny and he are having a great time. You gave him the best in life, just as he gave you the best. I'm not sure that rage is the best word for it. Especially with you--it may have been just over exuberance for life. Sometimes we all go overboard-and maybe that was Magic. Sending love to both of you...

Anonymous said...

I have just gotten back in town and now reading about Magic. The heart is aching and the tears are falling. Dear Magic know I loved you so very much and will miss you with all of my heart. The paws on my shoulder and the face laying on mine. What will I do, it seems get thru one heartache and another appears. My tears and heart for Dr. SES and Bunny, SAndy and Stu. Mitch and Laura. I am just heart broken. Blessings to all.