Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Steppin Out of The COMFORT ZONE ~ Dare To Do ~

Start By Seeing How High You Can Go
Then Para Sailing
Then Skydiving
Then...


Wow, sure is getting lighter earlier... Coffee good, no .... coffee great this morning! Good morning morning! Remember when we were just starving for the light? Well it's here!!! And I am ever so grateful that it is lighter earlier and later... Love it... yep just "lovin it" I am.
Just want to send a special "shout out" to my friend Randy in New Mexico this morning... Sometimes you get to know someone through the wireless connection and they just fill your heart... and you feel like you've known them all of your life... Well Randy is sort of like that... I just have to find a way to get a steak to Randy through the wireless connection for working on a special and ever so heart rendering project for me... Hi Randy, hope you are well rested this morning, many blessings from my home to yours my friend ~ ~ ~ you are indeed a genius with your video talents and we have all enjoyed the HOPE and Lily video that I have shared here. Thanks for all your hard work and your tender and beautiful heart.

Spoke to our friend Chris yesterday and she is doing great! She is at work, feeling fantastic... not missing "the girls" at all... BUT... talk about just getting out there... guess what the warrior got out there and did???
Chris our Cancer Survivor went out and bought her a RED SPORTS CAR over Memorial Day!!!
heehe
Yep, first car she has bought alone and for herself in over 30 years, and she sounded just tickled "PINK" {funny Breast Cancer awareness pink just popped up in that sentence} LOL
Congratulations Chris in your new purchase dear one... A RED LITTLE CAR FOR MEMORIAL DAY FOR A WARRIOR!!! You go girl ~ Just ain't no stoppin you now ~

So I'm thinking today about "just gettin out there and doing it, moving out of the comfort zone" and embracing those moments of this wonderful thing called "life" ~
And for those who don't know... Baby HOPE is missing again, yep ... we are all worried. Lily was run off by her mother June the North American Black Bear leaving little HOPE up a tree where we hoped she would stay until Lily could safely return... No such luck. Once the coast was clear, it seems HOPE scurried down the tree and left the comfort zone... Ms Sassy Pants herself is out there again somewhere, with Lily probably trying to find her; with Sue and Dr Rogers (condensed milk and vitamins mixed and in tow) trying to find her and reunite them again... The fan page on FB for Lily is growing by leaps and bounds and folks are likening the whole experience to a "rollercoaster ride" all over again.  Those who know me... well they know that "I do NOT like rollercoasters, nope not one little bit"...
Updates can be found at http://www.bear.org/


If at first you don’t succeed, skydiving is not for you. heehe  I wouldn't recommend crawling up tall Pines or Cedar Trees either... but that is just me...




OK, so skydiving is not for everyone, even those who do tend to succeed at most things, first shot out of the gate. However... skydiving may be just the ticket... sounds pretty cool to me, and you can't have a skydiving experience 2nd... I mean you gotta start with the first right? Oh my I am confusing myself now!!!

But let’s just this once think of something way out of our comfort zone that we have always thought we’d like to do.
                           What would it be?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CnZNe-Xde3g&NR=1&feature=fvwp

The Bellagio fountains maybe?
Maybe you already know what it is but have never really given it serious thought.
Turning the fantasy into a plan. Why not?
We all do this.
We think something might be fun, or an amazing accomplishment we would love to make our own, but then we give it no credence. What’s up with that?
                                    Is it fear?
Again, what would we do if we knew no fear? Even if our idea is a bit scary, is it something we really would like to do or is it the kind of thought that we nurse with the belief behind it that if we were someone else we would do it for sure.

I challenge each of us to honor the fantasy.
 The challenge is to turn the niggling idea into reality now while we can.



Is it a social conscience thing like joining the peace corps in our middle age, or maybe a physical adventure like riding a donkey down the Grand Canyon.
White water rafting sound inviting?
A solo trip to Europe to wander around for awhile?
Only you know what it might be.
Maybe you have not even explored the possibilities.
                          It’s all possible.
The only limitations in life are ...
OUR imagination...


"If I had my life to live over, I'd dare to make more mistakes next time. I'd relax, I'd limber up. I would be sillier than I've been this trip. I would take fewer things seriously, take more chances, take more trips. I'd climb more mountains, and swim more rivers. I would eat more ice cream and fewer vegetables. I would perhaps have more actual troubles, but I'd have fewer imaginary ones. You see, I'm one of those people who lived seriously, sanely, hour after hour, day after day. Oh, I've had my moments, and if I had it to do over again, I'd have more of them. I've been one of those persons who never goes anywhere without a thermometer, a hot-water bottle, a raincoat, and a parachute. If I had to do it again, I would travel lighter than this trip. If I had my life to live over, I would start going barefoot earlier in the spring, and stay that way later in the fall. I would go to more dances, I would ride more merry-go-rounds. I would pick more daisies". {Anonymous}

Yes, there may be a thousand obstacles.
There always are.
But, really, is there something you just know would enrich your life?
                                    Make it possible.
Make it a priority
                        MAKE YOU A PRIORITY!
Once you identify the experience you can set about making it your own.
Make a plan and set it in motion. Not everything involves going somewhere, spending money to do it. Maybe you have always wanted to learn a second language, or read every book ever written by a favored author or a new author. Ever wanted bake amazing pies, or master French cooking?
                            You get the idea.
Why do we deny ourselves these experiences. Our ability to make it happen is limited only by our heart’s true desire.
So if we really want to, we can.
Somehow we can make it happen.
Remember us? We are amazing!!!


What have you wanted to do?
Too many dreams go unfulfilled because we preface them with “someday”.

Ah, we are back to the knowledge that we have only this moment in time.

Someday will take care of itself, but today, we can make the decision to move our dream plan forward.
Will it take sacrifice, maybe.
Can we save up if it is a costly plan? Yes.

If we really want it, we can.
Not everything is about money. Well alright.. most things involve $$$.
Will we have to do some fancy footwork? Perhaps tie ourselves in a knot to pull it off. Most likely. But we can do it. Whatever “it” is.

So let’s make the shift form “someday I’d like to______, to the promise that we will speak the words that set the thought into motion.

Identify the activity, organize your thoughts around it. What must I do to see it to fruition. What plan must I put in place?


What are the barriers to success?
How shall I address them and move forward?

Life is short.
Set yourself free from the fear.
 It’s all impossible if we let it be.
Is your life what you imagined it would be, could be?
If not, you are the only one preventing yourself from bringing about the change you desire.

So let’s go for the gusto.

Practice confidence in your ability to accomplish your secret heart’s desire.
                    Start today, June 02, 2010 
This day holds the possibility of making it happen.
Yes, you may need support from the people in your life that depend on you for their comforts. Not everyone will get on board.
There are lots of Nay Sayers out there.
Is anyone out there that should stop you from your pursuit?
Will you allow others to diminish your own personal power?
This is, just this once, about you.
Your desire, your dream.
Go for it.  Remember, life is NOT a dress rehearsal...

Carpe Diem my friends.
You just might be surprised with the outcome.

I believe... there's a winner in YOU. Now CLICK:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-DIv18KEr4

Did you find your way back ???

The fire is burning brightly... its embers are hot, with thoughts of smoke on the wind.... warm hugs too ~ ~ ~ Join me in thoughts and healing power to all today, to our troops fighting "over there and here" to Joseph Johnston, and the many men, women
and their families... and

For:
Chris, Jill, the folks at the NABC, Lily and cubbie HOPE the North American Black Bears, Jill, Chris, Vicki, Cindy in NC, Cindy C, Laura, Mitch and family, Liz, Lee, Molly, Joanie, Jude, COFA,Judi, Matthew, Matt, Mark's family and many friends , Andrea, Jimmy, Marie and family up in New England, Pat, Dorothy, Angela, Elijah, Ode, Linda M, "Southwest VA", Irene, Kevin, Dr D, Deb, Randy, Dr P and family, Charlie and family, Booker, Bernice, Jean, Julie, Rhonda, Victoria, Mildred, Andi and family, Irene, Faith, Denise, Jim, Tom, Joey, Shelby friends and family, Judi, Phylis, Monica, Luci, Brandon, Joyce, Gina, 2 time Cancer survivor Tonya, Beverly and Family, Janeth, Melissa, Pam, Virginia, Stacey, Sara Cook 2 time Cancer Survivor, Kevin Edward Belevich and his Pops Jack Phelan, Elizabeth, Nita, Gary Siegal,from Mafia Wars,Brian Mawbey, of Mafia Wars Please hold the friends and family of these men in your hearts and prayers as they begin that long and uncertain journey through grief.

 We are with you, warpaint on... May you find comfort in knowing you are not alone... we are always with you, on the wind that touches your face ... it is us...
 
Walk In Beauty,
DRSES
author of
Healing Heartaches, Stories of Loss and Life
http://www.drsherryeshowalter.com/
"We ourselves feel that what we are doing is just a drop in the ocean. But the ocean would be less because of that missing drop" {Mother Teresa}

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Talk about energy, enthusiasm and support. You do it all DRSES. I have just begun one of those, "always wished I could" events. This one is huge for me and I have given up on it in the past because I have chosen a HUGE challenge, My resolution is stealed this time and I cannot, willnot stop unitl I give it all I've got. I can do this! Thanks for this blog and the life messages you share. Hope for little Hope, again.... Chris, enjoy your new prize, You deserve the pleasure.

Anonymous said...

Some days, it's enough to be able to get up out of bed, shower, dress, and get to work. To get all the "have to's" finished..let alone find time for the "want to's". But before we know it,..all these days slip by. I've always said that my regrets are centered on what I have NOT done, rather than what I have. While I've made a lot of mistakes in my life, I've learned from them all. How can we learn if we never give ourselves the opportunity.

It's interesting...in the book "Who Moved my Cheese?", it says "What would you do if you weren't afraid?" I try to ask myself that question regularly. What's funny is that people (including myself) seem to be more scared of success than failure! I think it's because success means that we actually have to admit that we CAN do anything we set out minds to...which kind of negates our excuses to ourselves for why we don't try new things.

I sit at my desk this morning, listening to Metallica, working thru emails, smiling while remembering a wonderful weekend with friends....and asking myself..."what would I do if I weren't afraid?"

Blessings to you all
Lizzy

Anonymous said...

Way to go Chris in your new YOU and new car! great blog today doc... Fearless indeed... yes a lot of folks tend to sty in the comfort zone and then look back and wonder where all the time went, I have been guilty of the same thing, the wonder why's but recently I have decided if not now WHEN and i am learning to STOMP and clebrate me for once... regrets i count as those lines on your face etched with time, but maybe they can be lines of experience and new adventures each with a story? I'm on it! have a great day everyone out there, hope we hear from more and more people i know i'm tellin everyone if they need a fix of the real deal, come on over to this page and STOMP with USAll get it??? LOL

Anonymous said...

good morning, an energeti and motivating read
indeed, thanks DRSESWIKEDCOOL,
no such thing as regrets allowed in my
brain, a few woulda,shoulda.... but now I
know I can... STOMP..
we are responsible for holding ourselves
back,,, move forward and live in the now,
on the edge, if you fall...
the ANGELS will catch
you...Way to go with a new RED car,
CHRIS, you rock...
Have a great day !
atch you !

chris said...

OK when I picked the car out, I just knew that I wanted it-and they made it possible!! Talk about being out of the comfort zone--there was a time when I would NEVER have done something like this without someone with me. But something definitely changed me while I was in NY. Not that I am complaining--I kinda like this new me that is emerging!!
While I was in NY, I just kept saying "give me the road map" Now that I have it and am following it, I find getting lost more fun. Just as long as I end up where I need to be -who cares how I got there?
Thanks Doc for inspiring me and encouraging me. I look forward to your blogs everyday. STOMP!!!

Anonymous said...

Greetings to everyone. Hump day over already. Fast week. What excitement has everyone on the edge of thier seats for the weekend? Me, gonna work on my awesome tan. Poor me, such hard work. LOL. Can hardly wait to read tomorrows blog. This can be addicting! Singing off for tonight. Rest well, sweet dreams.