Tuesday, June 22, 2010

MS ~ CARING IN OUR COMMUNITY ~ Get Ready ~

Shawna and Laura Roorda
MS Ride for the CURE 2010
Daughter Shawna Rides
Mom Laura Yells and cries and Waits at the Finish Line
In spite of hard economic times they raised $10,010
in 2009!


Good morning morning... Sitting here with coffee on, poured two cups this morning... ummm good! The sun is on "shine" mode... The thunder beings have been having quite the party for the last few days and gave us a lovely rain last night... No lightning beings racing along the sky though!
The four-leggeds are just "full of themselves" this morning, celebrating "it's good to be me" dance all over the place! Of course no falls in the pool now that it's hot and easy to jump in and save their little butts!

Speaking of butts... it's official. Laura in all of her wisdom has decided to say YES to the car wash here in Palm Harbor on Sunday!
Starting at 0900 (meaning we have to be there at some ungodly hour right???)

Tiffanys Family Restaurant
US 19
Palm Harbor
Sunday June 27
0900
CAR WASH
MONEY
CURE FOR MS
Money matched by Home Depot!!!

SAY "YES" and come to Palm Harbor that day... just come on and have a great breakfast, meet papa Paul (new Daddy-0) and eat breakfast... Laugh your butt off while we bust some suds... bust some suds with us, enhance your tan in the sun... the Florida heat in June...

MS SUCKS

Did you know that MS affects 400,000 people in the USA, and about 2.5 million people world-wide?
Those folks have an interesting array of symptoms...
Things like not being able to stand the heat...
Warrior Laura out there in the heat washing cars!)
Fatigue, numbness, walking, balances and coordination problems; dizziness, vertigo, optic neuritis (Laura had that last year and OMG... that was scary)...

A car wash? hahahahaha
I'm still laughing about this one, but then again it's only Tuesday... I have time to do my exercises; time to get my "mental positive attitude going"...
Now the problem as I see it is where are we going to get those cute little cheerleaders and those hunky football players to stand on the road and attract business for us?
What am I thinking?
Forget the attracting business... so many come to Tiffany's to eat on a Sunday that we will have business, let's use those hunks and cutie patooties to wash the cars!!! NOW that is a plan.... ok, where are they?
Gotta find the youth of Palm Harbor!
Or maybe we'll get the sympathy dollars when they see US out there? Worst case scenario if we do a bad job the
In and OUT car was is only a stone's throw across the highway ...
So, on Sunday we will gather, we will laugh like little kids stomping in puddles and having the time of our lives... We will hopefully see old friends, make new ones and bust some suds, and make lots of money while helping Laura and Shawna make their goal of reaching that $10,011 this year! I'm thinking they will do it, they are pretty remarkable...
Yep, we will hit Laura with the hose more than once, be sure she is hydrated and Mitch will probably make her sit and stay more than three times!
We will try and take care of her along the way,
but
she is a Warrior and a stubborn Warrior at that.
We will wear our Warpaint and we will still laugh like little kids during it all.
AND, I will get sun  sun   sun...
Ah,
thought you would like to know this...
The
FDA has approved a pill form of therapy... but its long term effect is not yet proven. But huge things are happening thanks to a trial from Dr Paolo Zamoni of Italy, who thinks that excess Iron may be a possible cause of MS.
USF is hoping to start their own study soon, and Laura's neurologist hopes to lead it... they are looking for a complete CURE as opposed to an ongoing treatment of symptoms involving needles ... Laura HATES needles...
She may just be one of those that is his first to get that cure thanks to you out there reading this... and those that get those cars washed this Sunday!
(not my car) heehe
April 17 and 18 is Shawna's next ride... she is currently training with spin classes... preparing, devoted and continues to challenge her mom... gotta buck or two?



We're here for a reason. I believe a bit of the reason is to throw little torches out to lead people through the dark." Whoopi Goldberg

The fire is burning brightly and its embers are hot...
Thoughts on the wind, hope in the air and many are fighting struggles... today we remember and honor and think about them...

Walk In Beauty,
DRSES




9 comments:

Unknown said...

Workin at the Car Wash! Oh yea. Hope everyone comes out Sunday AM. Don't walk, don't run, DRIVE. Bring that bug riddled buggy to Tiffany's and we'll scrub the litle devil! Sometimes there really is something we can do that makes a diffference. STOMP. STOMP out MS!
Looking forward to seeing all our local folks and friends. Spread the word to your co-workers and neighbors. See ya there. Util Sunday, have an awesome week. This is a GOOD day, ENJOY.

Angie said...

Mornin All....sure wish I could have my car in that line on Sunday b/c God knows it's dirty. Be sure to put some Michael Jackson or Patti Labell in someone's CD player and dance while shining them cars!! I hope you all have fun stomping in the puddles and raising lots of money for Laura, for MS~~
Hope everyone has a great day~~
Luv ya Cuz

Anonymous said...

LOVE this Blog. Everyone is always so supportive, positive and hopeful. If I lived in Fl I too would line up for the car wash. have enjoyed learning more about this dreadful MS. So many things are right under our noses and we know so little about them. Thank you for filling in the many blanks Dr.Sherry. Wish I could be there to meet everyone in person. I am sending my regards to each of you for a very successful fund raiser, and a special prayer to Laura.

IceScream said...

I have already spoken to a dozen car owners who say they will come and " donate "
If TOO hot, they will skip the car wash and just plunk the $$$ toward the cause. Pity the washers in the HEAT. I will stand, curbside and corral the cars into the parking lot.
Oh, we will GET business this Sunday, believe me !!!! I AM quite the character, might just show up in an " eye-screamer costume "
T T F N F I R M

Chris said...

Irene, I too will be there.Laughing till it hurts--especially if you wear an eye-screamer costume!! I can hardly wait. I have been telling everybody I know to come and get their car washed on Sunday. So I'll see ya then!!
Sherry, loved your blog--you always give the feeling of peacefulness in the AM. Even with the four legged's running around. See ya Sun. at Tiffanys.

Anonymous said...

Irene, What WILL You WEAR? Cna't wait to see it. Bring on the cars.. I hear there will be a raffle too. Lots of fun to come.

Anonymous said...

Thanks doc for the towels, dawn, gloves, toothbrushes and all the other stuff you shipped to us for our wildlife project. This oil spill is a mess in our wetlands already. We appreciate your support. Thanks from the bottom of my heart.

Anonymous said...

Whooooahhh, WHooooAaaaah sing it to me CAR WASH Yeah! Work and work! That's what we do! #231, ahhh yes! 2009, first year we hit 10,000.00! Incredible! Devotion, incredible! Family, incredible! Chosen Family, equally incredible! Paul is also chosen family, he is gonna send our message to the marquee at Tiffany's, so we are set...awesomely incredible!! Any arms out there with nothin to do, come on down, I can help you with that!! Any dirty cars out there, come on down! 9:30 now, just finished my day, and you my dear Indian friend are so correct, MS will never have me! Cocoa Krispies squares to add to the IDT MmMMMmuffin sale tomorrow, STOMP! Butterfly plant planted, because I believe tomorrow will be beautiful!Stomp! More milkweed planted for the Monarchs!! STOMP ON!! Just be careful you don't stomp on a future butterfly! I'll see if I can get another picture of this year, with my pecious 144! This is IT! We are in the final stretch of the run for the 10 grand...Thank you friendzzzzZZZZZZ, Support, and love, it's what keeps ya motivated to keep on Stompin'! Grateful!!! Laura

Anonymous said...

Whooooahhh, WHooooAaaaah sing it to me CAR WASH Yeah! Work and work! That's what we do! #231, ahhh yes! 2009, first year we hit 10,000.00! Incredible! Devotion, incredible! Family, incredible! Chosen Family, equally incredible! Paul is also chosen family, he is gonna send our message to the marquee at Tiffany's, so we are set...awesomely incredible!! Any arms out there with nothin to do, come on down, I can help you with that!! Any dirty cars out there, come on down! 9:30 now, just finished my day, and you my dear Indian friend are so correct, MS will never have me! Cocoa Krispies squares to add to the IDT MmMMMmuffin sale tomorrow, STOMP! Butterfly plant planted, because I believe tomorrow will be beautiful!Stomp! More milkweed planted for the Monarchs!! STOMP ON!! Just be careful you don't stomp on a future butterfly! I'll see if I can get another picture of this year, with my pecious 144! This is IT! We are in the final stretch of the run for the 10 grand...Thank you friendzzzzZZZZZZ, Support, and love, it's what keeps ya motivated to keep on Stompin'! Grateful!!!