Friday, July 16, 2010

The Greater Circle

I Just love Rafiki (friend in Swahili)!
The Tribe (The Pride)
2010

Another beautiful morning,
waiting for the sun to shine for us once again!
D'Vante and Angie back to it in Virginia but wishing they were still here with us in Florida.
Missing the pool and the "fun" ~
Kamryn playing with the four-leggeds one minute, on the computer the next and then
SPLASH/STOMP
doing flips in the pool!
Thanks to the Doc Gallagher in Palm Harbor my pain crisis is almost a thing of the past!
About ready to "rock n roll" once again after a brief
icing respite for the bod ~
Coffee hot and good this morning
Kamryn up and had a big bowl of Cheerios already,
now playing a game on the computer to get his mind
wrapped around his day.
COB sleepin in today!

The Lion King was a fantastic movie and even better Broadway production. For all ages, and perhaps really great for those grieving losses.
Perhaps we should all see it again, viewing it through the eyes of a child within us as adults...
Funny how the Lion King sees everything through the Eyes of the Native American:
circular rather than linear!
I think that the moral of the story is rather complex in its simplicity if we are open to receive the message.
As it was in the beginning, as it is with the seasons, our life is a circle. One must face your life, your challenges, today rather than run away from it. No matter how fast or how far you may run, it will find you, you will find it and then you will still have to face it someday.
There will be great and grand moments...
"Rites of passage", fear, joy, pain of loss...
They are a part of the greater circle of life!
See the movie again, and if you ever find that the production playing in your area...
Dip into the piggy bank and treat yourself!
It will be well worth it!

"You have forgotten who you are and so forgotten me. Look inside yourself. You are more than what you have become.
You must take your place in the circle of life." -- The Lion King


As you listen to the pulsing beat of life's rhythm, get in the dance, the circle of life! Have fun with your day; your moments, the sheer thrill of being alive.
Try on new vocabulary for your expressions of the day, the events, the very moments!
Notice the shift in your feelings, your attitudes, and notice the reactions of those around you!
OK can be spruced up greatly when you say
"Outstanding" instead!
Make a list of words you rarely use, but would like to try.
Go on, leap into your day with adventure,
gratitude and gladness.

Join the powerful circle of life
that brings depth and excitement with
each beat of your heart.
Let us know how it feels
to be King/Queen by owning your day!
Think I'll be happy being my friend in the photo (Rafiki) today!
"Find out who you are and do it on purpose"
~Dolly Parton~

Wherever you are today, whatever you are doing...
Do it with passion; with intention, with heart!

The fire is burning brightly and its embers are hot.

Sending hope in healing on the winds to all who gather here and for all in Tampa, the families of the fallen, those in blue who are grieving while they are serving and protecting us.

To those who are serving this great Nation, I thank you and your families, I want you home safely.


We are together in prayer, in thoughts of all that is needed to remind you out there, we are WARRIORS... we are with you, along with some powerful angels... May you find comfort in knowing we are with you always:
FOR:Tampa, our Mayor, Chief, Tampa PD, all who serve: Tink..and
Trish, Barb, Anastasia, The Kocab Family, Curtis Family, Tampa PD, those serving here and there in Uniform...


Randy and Winnie in New Mexico,
Our Black American Bears Lily and HOPE, their spirit, and Chris, Jill, the folks at the NABC, Joseph, Cathy Madden and her family., Vicki and Matthew, Cindy in NC, Cindy C, Laura, Mitch and family, Liz, Lee, Molly, Joanie, Jude, COFA,Judi, Matthew, Matt, Mark's family and many friends , Andrea, Jimmy, Marie and family up in New England, Pat, Dorothy, Angela, Elijah, Ode, Linda M, "Southwest VA", Irene, Kevin, Dr D, Deb, Randy, Dr B , Charlie and family, Booker, Bernice, Jean, Julie, Rhonda, Victoria, Mildred, Andi and family, Irene, Faith, Denise, Jim, Tom, Joey, Shelby friends and family, Judi, Phylis, Joyce, Gina, Tonya, Beverly and Family, Janeth, Melissa, Pam, Virginia, Stacey, Kevin Edward Belevich and his Pops Jack Phelan, Elizabeth, Nita, Gary Siegal, Adrienna,Brian Mawbey,

Please hold the friends and family of these people in your hearts and prayers as they begin that long and uncertain journey through grief and into the lights of healing...

Walk In Beauty,


DRSES


author of


Healing Heartaches, Stories of Loss and Life
http://www.healingheartaches.com/
 


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Think I'll invent some new words that REALLY express joy and appreciation. It is wonderful that every day we have the opportnity to recognise our own special truths, our ability to embrace those we love, to frame each moment. My very bestest, most gifted and giving friend of my heart treated me years ago to a live production of Lion King, if you can imagine, at the Kodack Theater in Hollywood. I still remember it as one of the most magical experiences I've ever had in a theater. If you can, see it live. A mind changing view of the Circle of Life. Those we have loved are always ust a heartbeat away. Wrap your arms around this day and milk it for every perfectly lovely opportunity it offers. Once again doc, you ahve called our attention to honoring the Greater Circle of Life. You are the Bonbdiggity Best....

Cathy Madden said...

When I had my children I thought about just taking care of them, keeping them safe, making sure they grew up to be good people. I don't think I thought much about the circle of life until my Grandsons came into the world. When I have my family together...my Mother, Father, Sister, brother, my 3 kids, and my grandsons...the circle of life is ever present to me. Sherry, thanks for sharing your heart with us everyday. Have a most Stupendous day!

Anonymous said...

FANTASTCALLY SUPERIFFIC !
Thank you for the reminder
We are who we were, and even though
life has handed out some detours, somewhere when all is said and done.
we reach into the depths of our souls
and with gratitude we know Our hearts do heal we have made it home again....
spirit willing, we find glory in life
and peace in our hearts...
May the Angels sing sweet memories
to all today, STOMP.
My butterfly is waiting for me...
sign me,
Andrea
home again !
life does go fdoneull circle,

Irene said...

Circle of Life, what a great pinch you gave me today Sherry. I drove to Kissimmee and back, all before 12 NOON today. Alone in the car, I was givng thanks for my life, my family, my past, present and future days. I had time to
really relax, think, digest, process, FEEL, look around at the circle my life has drawn itself to become........... and for everything, I am thankful, very thankful.
Be blessed all, take care and enjoy the weekend
Always, FIRM