Friday, July 23, 2010

Listen.... Hear that?... SILENCE Can Be Beautiful Sometimes

You gotta Look UP
BELIEVE
STAND
Stretch your Wings
Take Flight
Remember, if a teeny eeny bird can fly ...
FLY OVER THE RAINBOW
(I sure have taken some "sick" pictures)

Before I talk about the silence...

WE WILL NEVER FORGET
JUNE 29,2010
JEFFERY KOCAB and DAVE CURTIS

The cold blooded piece of useless
well
the killer has entered a "not guilty" plea.
Guess he had nothing better to do than turn himself in that early morning before the funeral ofr our Fallen Tampa Police Officers
Guess he probably wanted to be incarcerated so he could get off drugs, or maybe get a good meal, maybe just maybe he wanted to visit with some old friends that he was missin'.
Yippee Skippee
Now the American taxpayers can look forward to that joy; hundreds of thousands of dollars of waste... while the community, the families, the men and women in blue ask
WHY

Prayers for Sara, for the Fallen, for those who are serving and trying with their hearts and souls to bend and not break as they defend and keep us safe.

Just sayin...



Good morning and thank you for this day! Sitting in the quiet of morning; feeling grateful I am. I am so richly blessed with life, love, friends and family ~
The Storms of life will come and if we continue to look up, we may get a mouth full of rain if we don't shut our mouths!!!
But by continuing to look UP, we may bear witness to lifes' beauty ... STOMP... Soar, stretch into YOU, fly over your Rainbow ~ with amazing grace.
                              Look To The Rainbow ~
De-Caf can grow on ya I'm thinking... tastes the same as high test as far as I can tell so far! Coffee super this morning... Little ones playing NASCAR, Gypsy with toy of the morning in her little mouth and running the curve quite admirably I might just add!

Silence can indeed be golden; wonder who was the first to coin that phrase?


Mother Theresa once advised that we smile with our eyes, speak form our hearts, and offer always a kind word. What wonderful and sage advice.


A moment of tenderness, of kindness, dispels fear.
It lifts us up. 

 It’s easy to give, costs us nothing and means so much to those we interact with.
Do we say “thank you’ as often as we should.
Do we engage others in heartfelt conversations or just speak?

I try to practice mindfulness whenever possible, and it’s most always possible.
 I am mindful of the feelings I bring to my fellow humans, the words I use, the energy I create with my words.
It is easy to fire off a quick barb that stings.
But why?
Sometimes silence really is golden.
When words are spoken without sincerity, or with a fake smile, the message is still crystal clear.

 It is true that we have to make a conscious effort engage our mind before our mouth.

We can let a misspoken word roll off our backs without being caught in the trap of a caustic response.
 Pity the speaker, dismiss the remark and take the high road.


Yes, it can be easier said than done, but then we are mindful people, are we not?

You know the old ‘sticks and stones”.
Well, I have yet to find the benefit in escalating any situation by creating a war of words.
It is more disarming to say nothing and let the speaker wonder what impact their words may have had, than to open your mouth and provide certainty that your buttons have been pushed.

We all have buttons, and we usually encounter people who know how to push just the right one at just the worst moment.
Trust me on this, we own the power source to our own “buttons”.

I will not give away my personal power to some cheap shot.
You know the old Indian saying, we have two ears and one mouth?
So listen with both ears, but turn a deaf one when it is necessary.
Words spoken cannot be recalled.
Better to say nothing than to wish you had not responded.
 I personally use a quizzical hint of a smile.
Like I “got” it, but it has no value.

 Strong Indian medicine. Leaves em wondering.

 Let’s the mean tongue trip over itself with no effort on my part.
I do not have to take to heart every utterance that falls upon my ears.

I choose to hear the kind words and respond.
 I choose to offer kind words and allow the listener to take them on or not.
I believe in the universe’s ability to put before me many opportunities to take that high road, and I am rarely disappointed.


Speak gently, speak the truth as you know it, and know when to stand down.
Silence can be your ally.
It often is for me.
BUT> when you want to listen to something that you can control, listen to MUSIC, it will fill your soul and nourish spirit... It will get your "nuwati" moving...
"Get jiggy wit it" ~ "Just Dance"

Look to the Rainbow... stretch, fly...
fly OVER THE RAINBOW! C'mon friends > follow your passion; follow your dreams and realities... Let your knowledge be your truth.

http://il.youtube.com/watch?v=FJEh9xLrF2I&feature=fvw

NOW that oughta get your motor running... try hitting all those octaves today as you jump over the rainbow! Listen again, this time crank up the volume... see that passion? Try it on for yourself, feel it within... feel it change your mood, change your focus,
 FLY FRIENDS WITH GLADNESS AND GRATITUDE FOR YOUR DAY ~

The fire is always burning and its embers are hot, with thoughts of warmth, healing ways for those who are fighting the fight, those who are being thought about often and warmly always... We are Warriors here ...



STOMP


TPD... We Will NEVER FORGET...  Sara Kocab, you are in my heart, and on my mind... Baby girl is with her Daddy... know we are all wrapping our arms around you.

Justice sweet justice you seem to travel so slow... Keep our men and women in blue safe out there. Bless the families of Kocab and Curtis, hold them in your arms allowing the healing to begin as we wait on justice.

SAVE OUR BEAUTIFUL GULF ~



Sending hope in healing on the winds to all who gather here and for all in Tampa, the families of the fallen, those in blue who are grieving while they are serving and protecting us.


To those who are serving this great Nation, I thank you and your families, I want you home safely.

We are together in prayer, in thoughts of all that is needed to remind you out there, we are WARRIORS... we are with you, along with some powerful angels... May you find comfort in knowing we are with you always:
F
OR:Tampa, our Mayor, Chief, Tampa PD, all who serve: Tink..and Trish, Barb, Anastasia, The Kocab Family, Sara, Curtis Family, Tampa PD, Tarpon PD, those serving here and there in Uniform...
Randy and Winnie in New Mexico, Andi in Maryland and her family, Soldier Madden (soon home to Texas from Iraq)


The North Black American Bears Lily and HOPE, their spirit, and Chris, Jill, Irene,the folks at the NABC, Joseph, Cathy Madden and her family., Vicki and Matthew, Cindy in NC, Cindy C, Laura, Mitch and family, Liz, Lee, Molly, Joanie, Jude, COFA,Judi, Matthew, Matt, Andrea, Jimmy, Marie and family up in New England, Pat, Dorothy, Angela, Elijah, Ode, Linda M, "Southwest VA", Irene, Kevin, Dr D, Deb, Randy, Dr B , Charlie and family, Booker, Bernice, Jean, Julie, Rhonda, Victoria,  Faith, Denise, Jim, Tom, Joey, Shelby friends and family, Judi, Phylis, Joyce, Gina, Tonya, Beverly and Family, Janeth, Melissa, Pam, Virginia, Stacey, Elizabeth, Nita, Gary Siegal, Adrienna, Brian Mawbey,
(if you would like to add a name here just let me know in the comments)

 
Please hold the friends and family of these people in your hearts and prayers ~ We are together on this page... We leave no one behind... Warriors are like that, together always... Standing by..

Walk In Beauty,


DRSES


author of


Healing Heartaches, Stories of Loss and Life






Ordered your copies yet?


Sure hope so!


http://www.healingheartaches.com/
 for your autographed copies!










3 comments:

Irene said...

TGIF, blessed to be HERE, alive, able to read Sherry's words, understand them, apply them and LEARN from them. Excellent blog this A.M.
Rain bands coming to us from TS Bonnie, it's OK
2 ears, 1 mouth, very smart to be a good listener, keep outta trouble, too.
Had a whopper night of vivid dreams, too unreal to explain. Have a great weekend, stay safe, thanks to all on this page and for my name mentioned in the list. I give thanks each day I see my name, I feel part of it all.
Sincerely put, Irene

viridian.com/greendays said...

mornin -what a beautiful pic.
great advice -
prayers to Sara

Anonymous said...

So where is everybody? Just home from work, rain lettin up. Was a great day. Thanks doc for the reminder that we can keep our sarcastic remarks to ourselves. And here it was just another service I was offering. I promise to zip it more often. Just kiddding!
Planning a lovely evening at home, Pan Thai for dinner and then, doggy bath for the one that smells like a billy goat. Commin up on a coup;e of days off. Oh what will I do? I think I feel inspired to first paint myself a rainbow, then, climb up it and slide down the other side. Can you tell I am REALLLY looking frward to the weekend? Love to all.