Monday, July 19, 2010

Vacation for the fam over ... Home to Virginia


Mom (aka COB)
Disney 2010
Vacation Over for Summer in Florida

Here we are... Monday and time to get Mom and Kamryn ready to say so long to Florida ~
Coffee and Kamryn and the four-leggeds this morning... waking up easy after a Sunday of
POOL, playin basketball, and more basketball!
Kamryn all around basketball beast, beating me more times than I can count...
HOWEVER
I did quite well for the shape I'm in and gave him a rowdy run for it to be certain!
Then it was time for the old tried and true water gun battles, the hot tub, the bet I can beat you across the pool race, and then wouldn't you just know it...
Time for the
BASKETBALL CHAMPIONSHIPS!
Are you wondering who can barely move today?
heehe

What in the world will I do without my trainer?
Fall back into my paTTERN of ... uh, let's see...
sitting at the computer and working all day???
Whatever will we do without the extra razz a ma taz energy in the home?
The "Can I" , "Watch me do", "will you play", and
"Let's eat", or "Hey Buddy Pal just one more time OK"

Oh but the love of vacations, of family, of togetherness and bonding!

As Granny used to say and taught Mom, me and others....
"It's great to go away, but it sure feels good to be home in your own bed"...
BUT wait... I am home! I have been in my own bed!
OH, yes... but I will be in my own bed without an 8 year old "worm" crawling all about and legs and arms flailing all over me in the middle of the night!
Ahhhh...
Tonight will be so sad, so quiet, and my bed so ...
SWEEET

Did you know:
That when you blush that the lining of your stomach turns red like your face?

Isn't that: cool/rad/awesome/outrageous/off the hook/da bomb/kooky/funky/amazing/impressive

So, today Godson Kamryn (remember he is 8 years old) informs me that when he makes an impressive 3 point shot at the basket it is "sick"!
He also lets me know that when something really cool happens on T.V., or something that we do that is really off the hook even is "sick"...
So upon pursuing this with him, I find out that when something is "sick"
it is actually better than the "best"
it is "awesome beyond words"
it is "wicked cool" without compromise even!
It is just the capital BOMBDIGGEDITY
and then some!
So of course I had to share that with myself and those of you who read these thoughts so that you are
"with it", "up to speed", and "hip-hop happening"
and now we know that from an 8 year old
I feel fabulous!
So, when I had 9 strikes in a row last evening on the WII bowling... I was SICK about it!
Could it have been that my shoulder was killin me from playing basketball for 6 hours ???
UH OH
Used the sick wrong didn't I?

I mean my strikes were "wicked cool and sick" indeed... and he did not like it one bit!
Ah but to be 8 years old... and think you can and will win all the time! I pray that he does, and hope that he learns along the way that practice is a great thing!
But he is still little, he is young, he has much to learn.

Vacations, family, friends... we've had a wonderful time! We've done it, seen it, been it! For the most part everyone enjoyed themselves greatly.
And today Mom and Kamryn will board the big plane and head to Virginia and get back to their lives and ways of doing and being!

I have heard it said,
"No one needs a vacation more than the person who has just had a vacation"!

stomp
STOMP
S   T   O   M   P

What are you up to for your idea of a great vacation?  Trip to Disney? Hawaii? Alaska? The Islands maybe? Marco Island? The Mountains?
Next door neighbors gone... stay at their house!
Vacation: n 1: leisure time away from work; devoted to rest or pleasure  [syn: holiday]  
2: the act of making something legally void
v : spend or take a vacation

OK, so if a vacation is "leisure time away from work; devoted to rest or pleasure"... then we can decide to take a vacation whenever we want!  You choose the day, and you choose how to spend it, to rest to take it easy, to play! There ya go... a vacation in the works just carved out for YOU!

Here's to you and your vacation; whether you've just had one, getting ready to have one, or feel like you need one! HOPE today feels like a vacation to ya...

I'm goin on a vacation today to the airport;
 to take Mom and Kamryn... and then home to ...
a quiet, very very quiet home and I'm thinkin a nap is in the plans for the day in my big ole' empty bed minus one little boy with very long arms and legs that come alive in his sleep!
 ~ Wow, I sure am goin to miss em though ~

These were some good times... the best of times... D'Vante is growing up so quickly, tall so very tall! I pray he will always want to join in these family gathers, to laugh and be together like we always have and Kamryn, well we still have a few great years of him to enjoy as he grows... I can now wear his shoes and he's only 8 years old ~!
Nana's girl Olivia in Maryland is great swimming on a team this year, unable to visit here in FL... she too is growing too quickly now 10 ~ wassup with that our babies all growing up so quickly!

Live today like it's the best day you will ever know!
Laugh out loud, smile at strangers... if you see that gorgeous lady in the picture above on a plane headed to Virginia,
say hi to her;
 it's my Mom and she'll be with a "sick"  little guy named Kamryn the "next Michael Jordon"
Now that's what I'm talkin about baby!

Walk In Beauty,
DRSES
author of
Healing Heartaches, Stories of Loss and Life








5 comments:

Irene said...

Morning ! What a SICK comment about the
blushing cheeks and stomach lining. I became
"sick" reading that tid-bit. It is just sick that my youngest niece turns 16 today and will
DRIVE !!!! Anyway, enough of the "sick" jokes
Sorry to hear your family company and activity level will leave today, Sherry. Your stories of WII, boats, Disney, etc, keep me alive and feeling as though I have been on vacation with y'all................. Rest, stay dry & coool.
Stomp into Monday, Always, FIRM

Anonymous said...

What a abulous rain last night. Thunder and downpour. Everything green and dripping this AM. Can sure tell it summer in FL. Ah it's good to be me. It's a Sunday-Monday day for me! Off today and will make every effort to do less than yesterday, which will be an extraordinary feast, as yesterday I did NOTHING! Read a novel, took a nap and a shower, and, well that's all i did, so today I face the challenge with great expectations of total success. Didn't I did say it was great to be me. Full bore R&R. Hope this day is perfect for everyone.

Angie said...

Good Morning Cuz,
Finally my Lil Kam & Auntie Dot are coming home!! I know they have had a great time in Florida but like you said, vacation is over time to get back to reality. Kam starts football TOMORROW!! Yep tomorrow, not sure who was more surprised about that.
It's also time to plan Kam's first birthday party w/his friends. Yep the lil guy has never had a party w/his friends so I am going to try to make it happen....Hope it all falls in place.
Hope you get lots of rest and don't let the silence get to you. I can always pick up the phone and let you listen to the brothers arguing over the Xbox!!
Thanks Cuz for a "sick" vacation~~
I luv ya

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a fulfilling.
totally wicked cool vacation with your
awesome family...parting ways is sad but you
will always be of the same spirit and that's
a magical feeling....
finally caught up on reading yesterday, today,
gotta say..... thanks to you Doc.
you have taught me how to expand my miracles of the soul,my words and
vocabulary of life... a few of my favs...
.., thunderbeing, choice, STOMP,eternity,
everlasting,twinkle, tribute...passion...
My Dad and I play a game.. we pick a word from use it the dictionary and use it until we know it... ex: quagmire versus problem...
makes daily humdrum such fantastic fun !
May your Angels keep you great company today !
Thanks, for all you do for us....
Have a peaceful day... you have earned it !
everlasting, eternity, the sunshine is
beckoning....

Chris said...

OK< OK Irene, enough with the sick jokes--your comments were sure just sick. I too have grandkids that tell me I am so out of it I am ancient!!! Reminds me of a song by Tim McGraw--"Back When". I sure do like to be ancient!! The words meant what they were supposed to. OK enough of my rant--my kids tell me I am only allowed one rant a day. The new language is mine for today!!
stay cool everyone--'talk to ya' tomorrow.