Wednesday, July 21, 2010

MAGICAL, MOMENTOUS GENIUS KID-DOM

AH
ooh
THE POWER OF CHILDHOOD
THE MAGIC OF BELIEVING
THE WONDERMENT OF KID-DOM

It's morning, and I gotta tell ya, some weird, and I mean weird stuff occurred last night without the energy of the Kamryn here... NO Disney channel... No milkshake makin, no random running and doing and being!
BUT
Try this on as I drink my coffee:
In all the years of living in my wonderful home this has never ever ever happened before!
OK
Kamryn and Mom get to Virginia safely...
We talk and he tells me about the UPS package and you can hear the tears in his eyes of the wonderment of it all.
He tells me how he misses:
1. the dogs
2. Magic and how he loves the purple heart and the stone he made for Magic
3. The POOL
4. US
I wake up to a text this morning from last night late from ole' cuzzie asking me to call Kamryn if awake cos' he is missing "Buddy Pal"!
BUT
The weirdness of last night:
In the still of the evening without rhyme or reason... the alarms in the house start going off...
I MEAN BLARING!
Scaring all beyond words... as we frantically look for the why and the how to stop them.
NO BATTERIES TO CHANGE... everything electrical.
NO Fires/No Intruders/NO and I mean NO reason for it!
Finally after pushing every button, every reset I can find
all is again quiet.
Whew, that was weird!
BUZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
BLARING AT 10:07PM
ALL ALARMS, ALL HANDS ON DECK,
ALL DOGS BARKING
OMG
The quiet is again interrupted by the piercing noise of the alarms... Again the hunt is on for the intruders of the third world, the fires, the aliens...
Now laughing and swearing it is Magic's spirit coming to let us know he misses Kamryn and is making a little noise to celebrate his memory stone and to shake things up "Magic Style"...
Buttons pushed, although I have no idea what the buttons do, what they are for!
Little adopted brother Mitch and Laura on vacation at Daytona Beach... (OH how I miss them)
 Stewart and Sandy on vacation to parts unknown and on the way to see Lily and HOPE in Ely...
No one to call, surely don't want to call the Fire Department at this hour of the night!
Not real keen on letting anyone know I have no idea what these buttons are for that I keep pounding on either.
Ahhhh.... finally quiet again, I am exhausted by all of this.  Maybe it is Magic standing in for Kamryn!

Ok, time to turn in to my big... did I mention big and empty bed! NO DISNEY CHANNEL for me!
Nite nite... cuddle snuggle in to my pillows,
ZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzz
4:00AM
bzZZZZZZZbLARRRING ALARMS RINGING
oh CRAP
not AGAIN
maybe it is a FIRE
where am I???
Meet DLB in hallway; dogs barking distress and happy at same time, (aka, "party party party") in doggie talk!
Alarm louder than I remember in my wake!
Get ladder,
climb above my door, take smoke alarm down, NO BATTERY TO CHANGE, ELECTRICAL IT IS!
Check out house, go outside, look under bed for monster... LOOK FOR KAMRYN IN FREEZER.
NUTHIN
Push buttons/Pull smoke alarm from whatever is holding it in ceiling... climb down from ladder...
DLB and me and 4-leggeds come outside on lanai and have coke and ginger ale...
now 4:30AM
Kam has to be here with Magic somewhere, this has
NEVER ever Happened before.
I think I can hear them both laughing ...

What the h*ll.. might as well write! I'm up anyway
I'm feelin like jumpin in the pool and playin basketball ... wait, just remembered the light is burned out in the pool, won't be fixed til' Thursday! Darnit. Maybe I go skinny dipping instead and just play and blow bubbles, I can see the bubble juice from here.
Now that sounds like fun, maybe I'll howl like a wolf and see if I can wake up those evil neighbors of mine that like to slam their back door all day too... that should be a kick!
Or
Maybe I'll just sing! Kamryn taught me some "sick" songs while he was here...


Just think for a moment about the qualities of a child. No, I don’t mean their propensity to be totally egocentric and needy.
I am clearly thinking about their ability to imagine wondrous things. I do pride myself on retaining my abilities to maintain many child/kid ways even today!
To take full advantage of their magical thinking; to dream, to play, to laugh, to feel good.

Children do first what feels good.
They are emotion filled little creatures.

They explore uncharted territory freely.
Everyday is an adventure.
They can be fearless in their play one moment, and afraid of the dark the next.
No conflict, inner turmoil over these opposites.
They look to us for the safety net and we provide.

 So why do we stifle these childlike qualities in ourselves? where along the way do little kids learn to fear and then allow fear to take over as adults? Some are taught fear, afraid to cross the street as children and as adults always only see half the world because of it, only live half the life they imagine... UNTIL... they walk through the fear.



Do we believe that as adults we must play less, work more? Find less to enjoy and more to accomplish? Wouldn’t it be wonderful to see the world through the eyes of a child again?
To see the magic in everyday things?
To laugh because we like the sound of it?
To wiggle, get jiggy with it, giggle and just feel good all over?
 I smile and laugh out loud just thinking about how great it is.


Most people spend way to much time being adult about things.
As children we could immediately see shapes in the clouds. Kam and I were sitting in the hot tub (without the heat I might add) and at the same time we both were looking at the clouds and exclaimed... "LOOK, see the heart in the clouds"! He immediately cracked up and said, "Jinx Buddy Pal you owe me a coke!"
Everything was/is wondrous.

We asked question after question.
 A turtle, an Eagle, a dolphin, a bird, a puddle, bubbles; everything held a world of possibilities.

We had not yet set so many boundaries for ourselves.
Taboos were virtually unknown to us.
I get that growing up, the teaching and training we received form our elders shaped who we have become. The choices we have made determine the adults that we are.
But just for a moment, wouldn’t it be awesome to  play at being a child again.


Why couldn’t we have a banana split for breakfast? (Ice cream now is fat free/sugar free after all) Bananas are good for you! You could put cheerios on as one of the many toppings along with nuts!

Why not fill the tub with way to many bubbles?
Does even our bath have to be sensible?
Lets unleash that inner child and be silly and curious and a little wild and wacky.
 Let’s fall down in the grass and roll down the hill.
 Stare at the stars and see faces in the clouds.
When is the last time you did a "cannon ball" or a "flip" in the lake or the pool?

The kid in YOU wants out!

The grown up wants off duty for a few glorious hours.
 Vow to not entertain one serious thought. C'mon just try it....
Kamryn even had me to try and speak backwards and I  liked it. Try it... you might just like it too!

To stay in my PJ’s and watch cartoons, now that was a challenge, they just don't have cartoons like they used to. Maybe the old "I love Lucy" would be a good idea!Wouldn’t it be fun just to try it for a bit?

Maybe today will be the day YOU return to YOUR childhood and make magic.
No, not after work this evening.
I've talked my bestest friend into it!
She said last night: "I think I might just call in “sick” tomorrow and play. Get me a really good coloring book, make pancake faces, refuse to even look at a vegetable, sing every silly jump rope song I can remember and play hop scotch in the driveway, hell I might just stay in the pool til I'm pruned and til the 4pm rains come and then some."
How bout' that for a shift in attitude for a
"work-a-holic! Proud of her I am!!! I just may make her a "old timey root beer float with a straw for that one"

Today, just for today I will do every childlike thing I can think of. Of course I have had a great teacher for the last two weeks... Kamryn and D'Vante have been here stretching my brain and my body...
I will mismatch my clothes, which would make my boys crazy since they are always matched and "fly" looking (if I ever get out of my bathing suit), giggle and wiggle, and get jiggy with it while making sure to enjoy the experience.
Want to join me?
Today, I will abdicate all responsibility.
The world will just have to go on without my help.
Today I will be a kid without a care in the world.
I will blow up balloons, splash in the pool, squeal because I can, and heaven help the poor soul who is here and has to listen to me talk a mile a minute about any and all subjects randomly just to hear the sound of my voice, cos after all, I am all that and a bag of chips.

I wish everyone the opportunity to play. To enjoy the magic of our youth.
To make our own celebrations.
Today I will not fret, not worry, not set a single goal, nor master an important task.
Today, I will be the me I am, WITHOUT the demands of my "civilized and adult" demands and stuff.
JOIN ME in the magic of "KID-DOM".

But remember:

The fire is always burning and its embers are hot, with thoughts of warmth, healing ways for those who are fighting the fight, those who are being thought about often and warmly always... We are Warriors here ...
STOMP
SAVE OUR BEAUTIFUL GULF ~


Sending hope in healing on the winds to all who gather here and for all in Tampa, the families of the fallen, those in blue who are grieving while they are serving and protecting us.
To those who are serving this great Nation, I thank you and your families, I want you home safely.


We are together in prayer, in thoughts of all that is needed to remind you out there, we are WARRIORS... we are with you, along with some powerful angels... May you find comfort in knowing we are with you always:


FOR:Tampa, our Mayor, Chief, Tampa PD, all who serve: Tink..and


Trish, Barb, Anastasia, The Kocab Family, Curtis Family, Tampa PD, Tarpon PD, those serving here and there in Uniform...


Randy and Winnie in New Mexico,


Our Black American Bears Lily and HOPE, their spirit, and Chris, Jill, the folks at the NABC, Joseph, Cathy Madden and her family., Vicki and Matthew, Cindy in NC, Cindy C, Laura, Mitch and family, Liz, Lee, Molly, Joanie, Jude, COFA,Judi, Matthew, Matt, Mark's family and many friends , Andrea, Jimmy, Marie and family up in New England, Pat, Dorothy, Angela, Elijah, Ode, Linda M, "Southwest VA", Irene, Kevin, Dr D, Deb, Randy, Dr B , Charlie and family, Booker, Bernice, Jean, Julie, Rhonda, Victoria, Mildred, Andi and family, Irene, Faith, Denise, Jim, Tom, Joey, Shelby friends and family, Judi, Phylis, Joyce, Gina, Tonya, Beverly and Family, Janeth, Melissa, Pam, Virginia, Stacey, Kevin Edward Belevich and his Pops Jack Phelan, Elizabeth, Nita, Gary Siegal, Adrienna,Brian Mawbey,
Please hold the friends and family of these people in your hearts and prayers as they begin that long and uncertain journey through grief and into the lights of healing...
Walk In Beauty,
DRSES
author of
Healing Heartaches, Stories of Loss and Life

Ordered your copies yet?
Sure hope so!
www.healingheartaches.com for your autographed copies!

or:

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yipee! I'm all over abdacating adulthood. Might take some practice, but I'm up for the challenge. Why ae we so focused? Kids don't wake up with scrambled brains in the morning. Organizing their every moment, all day, everyday. YES, let's be kids again. I love the ice cream for breakfast idea. As a child at camp, on Friday morning of our last day they served vanilla ice cream and cereal. To this day it is what I remember best about camp. Ice cream for everyone! Hope we can all make time to play! Ah to be a kid again.

Irene said...

Oh Yeah !, let's be in the Magic KidDom all day
Great idea, nuttin' new for me though, with this over-active imagination of mine, I live it everyday. Party for one, always.....
Sorry to hear bout the Alarm, I thought I heard some noise over at my house (lol) Shut that darn thing OFF, would ya ?!?!? Your writing cracks me up. Heat, heat & more heat
down here in sunny HOT Fla. Ice cream sound good and cool for breakfast...........
Signed: Melted EyeScream, the mouth from the south, trying to stay FIRM

Cathy Madden said...

Sorry you haven't heard from me lately. I wrote an awesome response to Monday's blog and the monster on the internet ate it and poof it was gone to the internet heaven. Oh well, yes let's get our kid on! Even though I do have an interview @ 4:30 this afternoon with a Dentist office out here in the burbs where I live. I'm kinda stoked about it because I've felt like the good Lord wants to plant me firm out here in the community where I live at my young at heart but aging ever so slightly by years. LOL! It's what's called a group interview so we'll see. It's been almost a year and 5 months now on unemployment and living very frugally. My Dad has been paying part of my health insurance, bless him. At least I could get health insurance from my hubbies place of work. Blessed I am! Oh well, have a wickedly, glorious, stupendously, Kid minded day.
Oh, I'm waiting to hear from my soldier boy Nathan. He was to have left Kirkuk, Iraq yesterday but no word as yet. He was to have gone to Kuwait and leave for his homebase in Hawaii today.

Anonymous said...

hello...it's me,
I agree,
think you were not alone in the
quiet house last night, def. Agree that the spirits of your loved magic and Kam...
were letting you know you will never be
alone...the spirits love to play with electrical.. bet they were LOL all over
watching you !!!! I am so ready for the
"wonderment of kid-dom " ! Had the day planned
to be full of fun in the sun but nooooo...
working instead for a last minute "sick " call...so I will be silly, happy, playful,
nonsensical attitude... I love that I have
learned to release my self from the humdrum
adult work world in the flash of an instant!
I can be two places at the same time...I can
parasail in my heart as I'm listening to
a complaint about "too much mustard on my burger "... Truly amazing to be able to smile
and look out the world happy while you are getting _itched at !
Best to Cathy's soldier boy landing safely in
Hawaii... happy reunion to you when the moment
arrives..Time to take a shower and get ready for
work...bubbles in the shower ? Maybe a tap dance or two while I sing loudly with my non musical
voie ! That should get the neighbors ready to call 911.... Have a great day at play..
May the angels help you play hide and seek ...
or at the very least, whisper sweet memories to
your heart !
sign me,
Andrea

Anonymous said...

Oh Cathy, how exciting! Holding my breath until you announce his landing in Hawaii! A wonderful reason to celebrate! To everyone else, a grand evening and a fabulous day tomorrow. This kid thing ROCKS... STOMP

Chris said...

OMG--what do you do? Read my mind...???
I took today off to just play and have some peace time with myself then I open the blog and read it and I can't believe it--right there in front of--the perfect day (except for the alarms!)
Did you ever find out what caused them to go off???
Cathy, by the time you read this I hope you have heard from your son and he is safely in Hawaii..
Have a great day everyone!!