Monday, March 21, 2011

And, She's Off to Virginia!

Mom
aka
COB
It's o'dark thirty and we're getting ready to
head out to the airport
for Mom to board her favorite
airline
Allegiant Airlines
headed for
Roanoke VA
(I swear she knows all on board now)
headed back home
after a
"wicked cool visit here in FL"
Time for her to return to her life,
her Hospice Volunteer work, her YMCA pals, friends,
Highland Ridge Volunteer work and bingo calling there
where the residents adore her along with the staff!
Man
who's goin to make my bed and clean my house
ohhhh me have I been wonderfully spoiled!

We've had a grand time,
we've enjoyed our times together
eaten alot
laughed more
and enjoyed all.
The 4 leggeds have been spoiled
but
not as much as the humans here
while
Mom has enjoyed
Florida weather
and
yet I'm thinkin she spent this trip without
one
time in the 65 degree pool!
Wassup with that
oh
yes,
now I remember...
She did not have 9 year old Kamryn here
to beg or double dare dog her
to make the plunge!
BUT
oh how she has been missed by those
in Virginia
as
the little Kamryn calls
each night
to tell her of his day
and
to wish her a good night
saying how he loves her!
Just last night
he called to let her know he had moved into  her home
with two dogs!
A chichiwawa and a boxer dog,
and the three of them were currently laying in her big bed; in her home
but he wanted to let her know,
he would be at school when she arrived by to cool and chilly Virginia,
however he would be leaving the dogs there
for her to care for as his Mom
is allergic to dogs!!!
He of course being the considerate little fella that
is consistently scoring about
13 points per basketball game
just wanted to give her a
HEADS UP!!!
We were quite hysterical with that update
all of which was a rich fabrication
to be certain!
He ended the conversation with
a date for an over night this Friday
and the
great opportunity for
Mom to take him out
to Red Lobster
for
none other than
"Lobster"
and
to "catch up" on events since she has been gone!

Indeed,
Life with Mom, aka, COB
is a glorious adventure or nothing at all.
We ended her time here last night
at
Captain Jacks' on the water of the
Anclote River
with
friends and family of choice
Laura and Mitch,
listening to music and eating
almost everything on the menu
that didn't eat us
as we looked out over the
Tarpon Springs
Sponge Docks and saw and smell the wonderment
of life on the waters,
as the
marvelous Eagle let Mom
know
all was good!
As we watched,
a beautiful Eagle flew over, and passed us on the water!
Breathtaking it was!
We are so richly blessed for times together,
laughter,
and
remembering so many things, and times,
Mom, aka COB remembering far more than it appears I ever have...
Where was I for most of my life I sometimes wonder
as I have large amounts of memory that just seems to not be around?
hahaha
I found out that I drove off in a car at around 4 years of age once!
Or maybe it was twice, that I had that opportunity
to
zoom zoom zoom
although seems each time
there was an intervention
that kept me from getting to far away! haha


Well, we talked about much, we reviewed even more, and through the visit it seems that we even hit these >>> "Eleven Hints for Life" a time or two, so I thought today would be a great day to share them with you!
With a line of mine own thrown in of course to make u laugh maybe or not!

1. It hurts to love someone and not be loved in return. But I can't imagine not loving and knowing the great feeling of love, esp. the fun love of COB and family of birth and choice I've made!
But what is more painful is to love someone and never find the courage to let that person know how you feel. So get out there and let someone know how you FEEL AND THINK! (good/bad/and great)


2. A sad thing in life is when you meet someone who
means a lot to you, only to find out in the end that it was never meant to be and you just have to let go. Letting go is something we all do at some point, so just let go and set yourself free!
3. The best kind of friend is the kind you can sit on a
porch swing with, never say a word, and then walk away feeling like it was the best conversation you've ever had. I so love those conversations, particularly the ones like that on the "lanai", the "boat", the "plane" or better yet, just about anywhere!!!
4. It's true that we don't know what we've got until we lose it, but it's also true that we don't know what we've been missing until it arrives. Now isn't this just a remarkable statement? wish I knew who invented it? Maybe it was me, in one of my more profound moments!!! Wow, it was great when Mom arrived, and I'm thinking she is pretty tickled to be leaving on a jet plane today too! "There's no place like home she likes to say, and no bed quite as great as your own".
5. It takes only a minute to get a crush on someone, an hour to like someone, and a day to love someone-but it takes a lifetime to forget someone. wonder if we really ever "forget" someone... Or if our brains just get so filled with information that people and things just get put to the back of the file cabinet?
And then 30 years later, we get an email that says, "hello old friend from Wounded Knee how are you?"
And you remember!!!" Yep that must be it, the file cabinet just needs to remember and be clicked every once in a while!


6. Don't go for looks, they can deceive. Don't go for wealth, even that fades away. Go for someone who makes you smile because it takes only a smile to make a dark day seem bright. Life is NOT a dress rehearsal, GO FOR IT! And remember, you can never ever ever have enough sugar (or splenda, or "truvia") hahaha


7. Dream what you want to dream, go where you want to go, be what you want to be. Because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you want to do. At least only one life here as we know it... >>> Get out there and outshine each day, even if you don't see the sun, it's there, so go for it! Dare to be different, dare to dream and then work the dream!
Call Oprah, call her every day, remind her you are and were also "destined for greatness"!!!
8. Always put yourself in the other's shoes. If you feel that it hurts you, it probably hurts the person too. AND>>> hurts feel worst at night it seems, just like when you were little, remember how everything is worse at night time? Seems that is still the way of things from cold to hurts of the heart, the evening sun goes down and the intensity goes up! So>>> Live by treating yourself as well as you treat others, and then u set the bar for how others will treat you as well.


9. A careless word may kindle strife. A cruel word may wreck a life. A timely word may level stress. But a loving word may heal and bless. Ah, if you adopt your mantra, find your own and live it daily
your life will be blessed beyond measure:
An attitude of gratitude is a great way to walk through the day with a head held high and a step with some pep!
10. The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything they just make the most of everything of everything as it comes along their way. Then again, I always have wondered who determines the "best" and what is the "best" but it is you who determines your "best" your "most" and your most fantastic day... Whether you think you "can" or think you "can't" you will be right.


11. Love begins with a smile, grows with a kiss, ends with a tear. When you were born, you were crying and everyone around you was smiling. (I'm not so sure about this one, I think I was laughing when I jumped out and said hello World, and I'm sure everyone else was just tickled beyond measure back then!)
Live your life so that when you die, you're the one smiling and everyone around you is crying. My daily prayer heard by the Creator's ears many times throughout the day: "Creator, USE ME UP, just take your time tho', just take your time!!! And of course those who know me, do know I have a great "street rep" of making folks cry, it's just what and who I am I guess (DYS)


So there ya go, Monday morning thoughts as Mom loves on the dogs and we sit on the lanai over coffee and great conversations, in the dark of morning
getting ready for the airport and COB to brighten the day of all who work for and are boarding Allegiant Air>>> did I mention that Godson D'Vante usually will text me from the airport when travelling with her with this message: 


"Godmother, she is talking to everyone here at the airport, and is there anything you can do to make her stop"!!! LMAO
Get ready Kamryn, Angie, and D'Vante>>> I'm sending her your way!
We've had the best of times! Thanks Mom, "for the good times",
'whole lot'


So, off she goes, and of course she will have the best seat and the best of times....


the fire is burning the sage is lit, the smell is filling the air, with thoughts and good things on the winds to all who enter here.


Walk In Beauty,
DRSES
author of
Healing Heartaches, Stories of Loss and Life
http://www.drsherryeshowalter.com/










4 comments:

Irene M said...

D Y S......... darn it Sherry.
Your words today are many, but powerful.
You are so lucky / blessed to enjoy time with your mom / COB / best friend, bed-maker, etc.
When I read, it is times like this, I miss my mom/Rose/best friend, even more.
Happy Spring y'all, krumpled kleeeeenexes ova here with a touch of allergies. Wind shift.
Safe travels COB, keep right on jawin', chat 'em up on board. "Sign me": melted ice cream

chris said...

made me remember my Mom today thank you-it also is a reminder to me that being a grandmother and a Mom to this brood up here in NY, that it's ok to make their bed even tho they protest. (they keep telling me they want me to relax) but the truth is I wan them to relax and smell the roses. So, if I make the bed and do the dishes, they do have time for all the good stuff.
Sorry I didn't get a chance to meet COB-she sounds like a wonderful confidante and grandma.
Well, talk to ya soon..L&H

Ridgway & Littlemoon said...

Good Morning from Wounded Knee. I loved reading the 11 points of interest - Hints for Life. There's nothing like doing a 180 in life. The nearest Walmart is 60 miles away and the nearest super Walmart is 110 miles away. But, yesterday a bobcat came strolling by and the first meadowlark of the season sang.
We wrote a book and you wrote a book. I want to trade. I'm so proud of you with all you initials. What hard work they represent. My coffee cup is raised to you.
Don't hold your breath because I have to go to town today - but I will be calling at some point. Just to surprise you again. It's fun.

Anonymous said...

What great thoughts to start this week out. All true, so true. Thank You for writing this blog day after day, week after week. I look forward to the read every day. It is true our elders are the memory keepers. Bless the ones that pass down the oterwise forgotten memories.