Monday, March 28, 2011

Come Rain or Come SHine

Morning To A new Week

Coffee is better than I remember
this time last week
so I'm thinkin
Memories dim from day to day
and
week to week

And
the green is greener this morning
after gentle rains of last night
and
storms of life for many last week as well.

Come rain of come shine
I can' help but remind me and you
"storms never last ... do they?"

But those storms can take us by surprise and be fierce
when they come from what seems to be no where
at the time.
As can cumulative effects of storms
or
angst, or pain untreated by illness or circumstance
or
from the poor or ugly treatment
or
mistreatment of others.
I'm thinking one of the worst things in the world is that of ugliness that is suffered by the hands of others in this world of ours; and when added that it is
dealt by the hands of those we love
it can take quite a toll on the system
just like illness, and like over extended our bodies
to limits of an athlete for those of us
who do not have bodies that are primed and trained
as great athletes?
Does that make sense?
There have been times
I have been thought of to talk in rhymes
and
when my story-telling is hard to understand for some
as I blend stories to connect to real life situations...
That is amazing still at times to me
since when using similar stories
to those in situations of trauma, shock and real life
crisis
have through the years understand
the weavings as though they were fine crystal
have understand clearly the metaphors
and the stories of
"storms never lasting"
and things like
"somedays you are the headlight, and somedays you are the bugs"

><
Come Rain or Come Shine was a great song back in the day, with lyrics that millions loved...
AND
Come Rain or come shine
is a great thought to start the week I'm thinking.
It all starts within if you remember
with "that which resides within YOU"
the Universal Oneness of that within loves you
and
allows you to thrive and survive great sorrows
greater dissapointments in life, and in others.
YOU
are your greatest resource
and
only you can weather the storms of life
and continue to believe
in
you and in your dreams and realities.
BUT
you must first put on your oxygen mask
and
Breathe deeply, practicing self care and
attend to that which is most important in life:
and that is
YOU.
Storms of life,
also known as;
pain, illness, "dis-Ease" caused by others and hurtful words, actions, and otherwise "things of this world"
must be the first priority, and then
you are able to
SHINE
to hear and to see
and to be able to acknowledge the possibilities
of the world around you and its challenges.
It is only then that you can embrace self and others
taking a stand for you.
"If you do not stand for something you will fall for anything"

The challenges are great in life, there will always be others attempting to throw knives at your dreams and unfortunately at those who are the dreamers.
BUT
that is where resiliency comes in.
However in order for a person to outshine the sun
and to be able to
"dance in the rain"
rather than hide inside afraid of getting wet in the rain.
YOU must be feeling well enough
be strong enough to stand.
AND
that my friends being brave enough
to attend to yourself with kindness
and
to seek assistance, to go and find a doctor when needed, a therapist when needed,
and
to
remember
"there is no shame in asking for what you need"
Of course
you also have to be rested and out of pain enough
to be able to hear and to absorb what is said
when you ask and when you are doing all these things.
Cos'
I tell you
exhaustion, trauma, pain, and illness
can take you away from ration and from the ability
to function and to receive what you want and need.
Sometimes
you just need to lay still and
"sit with it for about three days" and let yourself
catch up to your body
and
rest.
Our bodies have a remarkable way of listening to our brain when they join together and say:
"STOP" you have abused me enough!
I am going to create on hell uv a storm,
one that makes you lay down and just "be"
so that you really get it.
there is balance to maintain,
and
sometimes
We can only shine through the rain
if we
"sit with it"

Oh boy, I bet I have confused those who do not understand my words good today!

I heard from some lovely people over the week-end by email; thank you for thinking of me.
And to dotti up North; congratualtions on a successful eye surgery>>> bet the world is a brighter place for you!
Welcome home from NY Chris, hope the Oncologist had great reports for you Warrior!
Sissy Two Wolves in South Dakota hope that bug has left the state and the "red nose is leaving as well Rudolf"
EE in Co, HOPE the dream is alive and the land is on its way to you.
STOMP
><

So then
there you go.

The sage is filling the air, with thoughts of healing ways on the winds to all who know who they are
as the week begins froma freshly washed by the rains
Florida home and area here.
May your week be filled with love, hope, dreams
that you claim and make your own
Here's to your greatest realities!

STOMP
The fire is burning brightly, its embers are hot.
Blessings to all.
Walk in Beauty,
DRSES
author of
Healing Heartaches, Stories of Loss and Life

5 comments:

Irene M said...

Morning Sherry, morning world.
What a fantastic blog this day, as the grass is singing, flowers bursting, trees budding.
I am coughing, LOL Deep thunderous rolls woke me up. Your words today remind me to take a break from the twirling/over-extending physical activity since Thursday. Avoid damage by sitting for 3 days ! YES.....
sit my butt down. Happy to read and hear about all the news of readers & commenters.
I intend to make today count for me, self-care.
Bye for now. Irene

Anonymous said...

helloooooo.
great monday morning words. Wadu.
My coffee is delicious, as well as my
bowl of olf fashioned oatmeal. Love the sounds of thunder and rainshowers, very soothing to my soul and induces great daydreams as I stay snuggled on the bed.. thoughts in my mind are very random today.
Other than knowig I need to go to work later, I am quite content to just being still and letting my mind wander everywhere...I am reflecting on all the phases of my life, finding humor, sadness, love, a couple of mountains which I manged to scale and scream when I made it to the summit, hmmm..... love this rainy day !
Wishing the best to all you have spoke of, and a special "keep on rocking" to Olivia, thhe youngest warrior I know. May we all be blessed to find our
rainbow at the end of today's rain...
gotta go.♥
hugging my angels, talking to them too !
sign me, A.

Anonymous said...

Perfect day for reading a good book and laying around listening to the rain and thunder. Gives me an excuse to do nothing but rest up!
Enjoying every momentof this soggy day.

chris said...

good Monday evening to all especially to Doc and DLB-it is a perfect evening to just sit and listen to Mother Nature and the angels...
I love coming home to this kind of night it is a perfect night to just say ahhhhhh and have a cup of coffee and get caught up on some reading and writing.
talk to ya soon. L&H
P.S--the blog was wonderful-storms never do last forever, tho sometimes in the middle of it you swear they will-but the sun does come out again....

Anonymous said...

I hear ya Doc, the storm has passed, and now I am ready to ...KICK SOME....Shin! Past the hurt, turning away the anger. But I gotta tell you, like Tim McGraw says, "You find out who your friends are!, somebody's gonna drop everything. Run out and crank up their car...hit the gas, get there fast"...you got me? I am blessed beyond words, and forever grateful for family of choice! I will aurround myself with those who matter most,the genuine ones. Blessing to those here especially!