Saturday, March 26, 2011

It's Been A ride This Week


OH BOY
NEVER HAVE CARED
FOR
THOSE TYPES OF RIDES!!!
BUT
ohhh, HOW EXCITING THEY ARE!!!

"Life is a grand adventure or nothing at all" (Helen Keller said it) but remember she did not see a Roller Coaster like this one, nor did she live in the days of them flying at this pace!

Good morning mornin
as light has just greeted me with a
wonderful cup of coffee
and I swear I just heard the "distinctive screech of the Eagle this morning"
It's been quite a week I tell you.
Mom goes and leaves Florida, leaving the house and my bed, and dishes up to the dogs to tend to and they are doing a terrible job I must just add.
And, I hear that last night, little 9year old Kamryn had a date with Mom to go and enjoy
the Red Lobster and week-end with Mom
(there goes my inheritence I tell you, spent on the Godsons, poof, gone)
haha
and

Meanwhile the week has been filled to the rim
with much happening and doing all across the lands.
Lily and her tribe out there are sooo funny
and
they are out of that den and just exploring to their hearts content,
boy those little ones can make some noise
often startling the 4 leggeds here making them bolt out of their beds and bark while running half way around the pool before realizing it is
HOPE and the siblings!
Visit them for a minute
you will be captivated.
We could learn so much from
the North American Black Bear
if we would only watch
and put it to practice in our lives!!

I am preparing for KS, and so hoping to see
Oz,
but I know that I will get to see those there at
Comfort Keepers KS who are celebrating
10 years of taking care of their own
their as they provide care for those
in the community
Congratulations Stephen Bright and Linda
for all you are doing for the community!
><
AND
Out there in Wounded Knee South Dakota
where friends
Jane and Walter LittleMoon
are living
I was able to have a
phone call with Jane
after over 20 years
and as we talked
it seemed there had been no distance
and we talked for over 155 minutes
and
we laughed, drank coffee together, and
I cried and felt the sorrow on a level that suprised even me
as she told me stories of
Walter and his friends there
who had endured the tortures of
the
Indian Boarding Schools
as
now a grown man who
is also a Veteran of the Military
has come eye to eye
with that torture he suffered as a child
now that we can diagnose and know to be
 

COMPLEX-POST TRAUMATIC STRESS DISORDER

JANE and I talked for so long, we caught up
friends from so long ago.
Their book
"They called Me Uncivilized"
is now "required reading" at a couple of Universities.
They Called Me Uncivilized: The Memoir of an Everyday Lakota Man from Wounded Knee
We are now trading book for book.
I can tell you all this much I know:
I am honored to call
Walter LittleMoon my friend;
and to tell you
he is NOT uncivilized, nor has he ever been.
He is a man of great honor, of spirit that has been badly badly bent his lifetime,
BUT
I can remember him sitting at my table in Arlington VA, and us laughing, and of him standing beside me,
 (OH MY is he one tall Indian)
AND
he sure can make some delicious
Fry Bread
and
I can tell you this
He is a Proud Lakota Man
a Man
 I am continually amazed by.
AS for Jane?
She is perhaps one of the most passionate women I have ever met,
and funny as hell (and ok, maybe there have been times we've sat around the table and laughed so hard it was a tad uncivilized but nothing for the govt to clame as such)
AND
I always knew in my heart
she would walk beside Walter
as I knew
just because I knew they were to be together.
AND
how crazy is that?
From Greenwich CT to Wounded Knee
so,
there you go.
><
AND
during all of this
Sissy Two Wolves
out there in South Dakota has been as sick as sick can be with some kind of bug that will not let go of her,
and
meanwhile
the Spider' Web
has of course reached out and connected
she and Jane and Walter
of our connections
as
she is
in Custer which is a few short hours
from Wounded Knee!
AND
so
during all of this
(stay with me here)
I am hearing daily updates from our friends
EE and son CJ
who have travelled like settlers of old from one side of the mountains of Colorado
to the other
in search of their dream
and to be in the vast wilderness
but
also within driving distance to a better and complete Cancer Center of Denver.
They are now
in Rio Cucharas Inn
where they have re--discovered old friends
the Innkeeper, Leroy and stafff
and
embraced as "family" there
as they go day by day looking for that place with land
to call "home"
and
I cannot help but wonder
"how is it all of this in the same week"
such excitement, such UPS and Downs
of
friends across the states.
Friends making their
"dreams become realities"
It reads like a western movie out there in Colorado and here is that link:

Now I realize you may have to read this more than once today,
but
also
during all of this
on
WEDNESDAY
my girl Olivia
took the soccer field
after having broken her ankle in two places when the season started last year... that led to a damaged growth plate, >>>
which
led to both growth plates having to be
"bored through" killing both
in a surgery that turned out to be
a traumatic experience for both
Olivia and Joan
(which the experts at Johns Hopkins said Olivia would never remember)
BUT
brilliant ones, YOU WERE WRONG ON THAT
and
now both are traumatized
and
The Nana is
well how shall we say this
....
OK, I'll say it, The Nana, is
HOT ABOUT IT STILL.

BUT
Olivia on Wednesday
now healed
thanks to
the recovery time spent with
her great mama and her super Nana
and
a healing ceremony by
Kelly Two Wolves by phone
OUR OLIVIA TOOK THAT FIELD
AND
RAN LIKE A PONY IN THE WIND
AND
KICKED PUNTED THAT PALL HALF WAY ACROSS THE FIELD SHE DID
AND
SAYS, "NANA IT WAS AWESOME, TELL EVERYONE THANKS FOR THINKIN OF ME, AND NANA, THE WARRIOR WAS THERE, I FELT IT"
<>
So, there ya go.
AND
then I hear from cuz in Virginia
that she passed her recent certifications for her work up there at Highland Ridge!!
Congrats Angie, you best get a new pair of shades for your eyes Warrior as I believe the future is so bright for you that they will be needed!
STOMP

Mean while, did i tell you the little four leggeds are doing a pitiful job where Mom left off?
No beds made, no dishes no vacuuming and no mopping of floors???
MOMMMM
so,
when Mom had her last weekend,
and
we all know Mom is
COB
We had time with dear friends Laura and Mitch.
Well now
they have a 2 year old grandson
named
BEN
and when Ben met
COB/MOM
he looked her in the eye
and said this:

"Hi COB, HOW U DOIN" and I thought my Mom and I would just lay down and die laughing!
BUT
of course unless you knew what COB for mom was her now "nickname" known across the land, you would not think this as funny!
AND
during this
did I mention, my dear friend in Northern VA
popps up on chat with this question,
"I'm going to the church tonight where they channel dead people, what question should I ask"

ONLY my life this week would have such fun!!!

Oh yes, also I am getting to go to Missoula and Billings in May, and of course it is via Denver
then to Missoula where then you drive 200 miles to get to Billings and then 175 to get to the next place!!!
haha
ah, just what the week needed






><
and THEN
the week ends with
the
Beloved
Elizabeth Taylore dying peacefully with her children present.
Being late to her funeral
but
early enough to keep those village idiots and their signs away,
such a class act
our
Elizabeth Taylor.

Now I've brought you up to speed here
and the roller coaster of life
in Florida,
topped off last night by opening the front door to Christmas with packages there to open!
ONE: a box of dark chocalate candy Mrs See's
with this card attached:
"while I was there I ate your whole box, so I got you some! Love MOM"
oh no, I thought the sin had been removed!
Thanks Mom!!!
BOX 2
the card reads
"Happy Late St Patricks Day
I'm a bit late in the baking of my soda bread, Love you Eileen"
and there it was
oh my does it smell wonderful and is it heavy and fresh
Eileen's homemade IRISH SODA BREAD
which DLB immediately grabbed and ran to the kitchen with!!!
Bet I know what is for dinner tonight!
my coffee needs a refill before I go in search
of
that Eagle I think is now residing in the trees
of the property behind me.
I am so excited I can barely contain myself!!!

Hope the wagon trail and property search in Colorado is going well today,
that Chris in NY is getting great results up there as she spoils the family while being a bit "cold",
that Walter and Jane are doing great things in the chill of Wounded Knee and holding the little ones there tightly, then set them free to fly out,
that two wolves will soon be well, it is past time to feel good and for spring to come to you,
and that Irene of this page is healing her recent losses by embracing each day tightly and blowing bubbles...


So,
with all that is happening here,
HOW WAS YOUR WEEK?

DLB came home with the icing on the cake as she said one of her employees walked by yesterday wearing a "I'm allergic" sticker.
As DLB thought it serious she took a closer look only then to realize
this employee had carefully written
each and everyone's name on the little sticker
and
was wearing it on her chest!!!
AND yes, it included "DLB"
NOW THAT IS FUNNY and CREATIVE
her symptoms when asked>fever!@!!
hahaha

SO, now u know, it's been a week


the fire is burning brightly, its embers are hot. thoughts on the winds to all who enter here.
Walk In Beauty,
DRSES
author of
Healing Heartaches Stories of Loss and Life

visit
she has just finished some beautiful painted feathers!









6 comments:

dotti said...

Good morning Sherry, that certainly was one helluva week! Ha, another book I need to buy and read, I will have so much reading to do and WILL BE ABLE TO DO IT♥ First cataract surgery done, I look VERRRRYYY funny wearing a pair of glasses with only one lens, but that I can see so much better is incredible! Second surgery in 4 weeks, then I will see like a much younger woman (whatever will I do, when I have no glasses to hide behind?). I understand Olivia's Mom ... I would also be LIVID. But Olivia is probably beyond it all, now that she has kicked that ball again. Blessings to you and yours♥

Anonymous said...

Well galee, that is so much to think about this morning and when you have a 9yr. old pulling you down on the bed and wrestling you what else could happen? What a time has been with him, he is tough but he found that COB can be tough too. He is very ticklish and did I get him good. Red Lobster, his first lobster dinner. Can you believe they served 2 big lobster tails on each plate. We ate like pigs and he loved it. I told him to be sure and take Grandmaw and Mom there and order the save as he ordered with me. Of course dont forget he is into this appetizer things and it was hot wings. Wonder who taught him this, maybe the Godmom who fed him crab legs when he was sitting in a booster chair. I am telling you he is a expensive dude. Then off to a surprise while he napped a little when I had to go 25mi. to his surprise. A live play at the local High School. The Frog and the Toad. He loved it pointing out he had already read the book. I thought it was his first play but he said his Moms friend had appeared in a play and they went, back to my house and a little play time before bed. Then again the wrestling match that liked to have killed me. Now after eating the left over wings of about 8, a protein drink, now a bowl of cheerios. I forgot the part of a diet, caffeine free pepsi he I hope has finished eating for awhile. He is watching cartoons. I have to go find Bubba Gump as we received tee shirts from DRSES. What a great day to have him to keep me alert. Dont worry when his Mom picks him up I will hit the recliner and grab my cuddly blanket for a well deserved nap. Now I must go and we throw a small ball in the living room, there has been many pictures knocked off the wall and some small minor things broken. Dr. SES you better start worrying the will be at your house soon. Congrats Angie we are all so proud of you. Keep living in that NO PRESSURE ZONE. George left that saying with us and we need to use it everyday. Miss you George but know you are in a better place. I can imagine the Angels getting a friendly hug and maybe a good pinch. Blog was great today. Thank you for the updates on all. God Bless USA. Dont forget our service people. Blessings to all

Ridgway & Littlemoon said...

Will you just stop with moaning about driving distances in Montana? lol.... I told you the nearest Walmart to me out here is 110 miles. And anyway every town you're going to has people I know mostly from Connecticut. Denver - a no brainer - half of Greenwich has moved there - plus Mimi my childhood friend from Spring Glen. Then on to Missoula where Kim lives - Jeni's childhood friend from Greenwich. And if you got up to Kalispel Candy Puffer's oldest sister, Karen lives there. And finally drive on over to Lame Deer - visit with the Northern Cheyenne awhile. Walter's mother's family came from there - Iron Teeth's children. So see when you go to Montana in May it will be almost like going home - family and friends all over the place. So there you have it. Goood Idea.

Kelly 2 Wolves (Rudolf) said...

Just call me Rudolf Sissy , Nose is big and red LOL not fit to go out just yet, and we just got another 2 or 3 inch of snow! Just when it was getting all gone! Thanks for the prayers and the intro to Jane in
Wounded Knee when you come out we will all get connected! Travel and spread the sunshine dear one, So hAPPY OUR OLIVIA is finally running free Wopila, and Joan a great job on the portrait of my Jynxy what a treat ! Love to you all gatta go bliow my nose can you hear me all the way over there yet LOL, Love on the wind my Darlings OXOXO

Anonymous said...

helloooooooo.
not even gonna try to keep up with your
pace.. hehe.. way toooo full of energy for me.
Just saying though, the positie energy flows
like a river and there are no coincedences.

Have a goodnight's sleep because..
I'm sooo late with my comments that it's just
about Monday ! Time to dance..
sign me, hugging my angels ♥
A.

chris said...

Helllloooo everyone, back from the frozen tundra of NY--everything fine still-I guess I get to live worry free for the next 4 months anyway. As for the kids, I got to spend a great week with them even tho it was too cold outside to go out and play (grandma couldn't handle the cold-she's a wuss)It was awesome!! Now I get to relax and defrost before heading off to work on Monday...
I thought I had a busy week but you sure beat that one Doc! P.S. it's still cold in KS dress warm! There is one thing that the grandkids gave me-a cold! I know how Sissy feels--hint puffs plus it helps a little bit anyway. Talk to ya later...L&H