Wednesday, March 23, 2011

My Warrior Is Goin Out THERE TODAY



Nana's Girl Olivia
"Lookin Fresh"
in
Nana's Hat

Good morning it is!
Dark and the coffee is great,
it's going to be a fantastic day
I can just feel it!

Bolted, BOLTED out of bed
with Olivia on my mind
and
after my morning
prayer of
gratitude and blessings
JUMPED UP
like a teenager I did!

It is WEDNESDAY
and not just an ordinary Wednesday either.
This is THE WEDNESDAY
that Olivia has been waiting for
since hearing these words from her surgeon at her last visit:
"YOU CAN RUN AGAIN,
AND YES
YOU CAN PLAY
SOCCER AGAIN"
LOOK AT THAT FORM
THAT BEAUTY
THAT
NANA'S GIRL!!!

And
so this afternoon
Nana's girl will walk back on that field
for the
First Day of Soccer Practice Spring 2011
and
oh my is she ever excited.
Now of course
"the Mama, will have her heart in her throat, and will perhaps need a glass or a bottle of wine"
and
Nana will be blowing up the cell phone wanting minute by minute updates of
"now what is happening, is she alright"
BUT
Our Warrior will have that
Look of determination
and
her "attitude" on
along with her love of the game.

She will not allow
"fear", "anxiety", or all those other "things"
keep her on the sidelines or from crossin the streets of life and its splendor.
I LOVE THAT ABOUT HER!
Joan of course will have her
moments of sheer madness and be a nervous wreck
(don't tell but so will Nana)
we both think it would be a good no a GREAT
idea if she had her ankles "taped" for extra protection
after the surgery and the "perceived threat" of impact
and harm.
BUT
the all knowing doc says
"we don't want to tape them, we don't want to give her a sense of FALSE SECURTIY"

Now of course, at first news of this
Joan did tell Olivia,
"Really? Really Olivia?
 Are you sure honey you want to do this?"
And after being assured rather firmly, with
"MOMMMM, OF COURSE"
Joan then said, "Honey I don't think I can watch"!!!
Well that remark really brought the warrior out
in our girl as she replied,
"MOM YOU HAVE TO WATCH, IT'S GOIN TO BE GREAT,
AND
I'M GOING TO BE FINE"
<>
So,
there ya go!
From


Olivia's sweet and wonderful
ankles after surgery
where they bored holes in her growth plates
after that perfect ankle was busted
defending the goal in soccer
to a surgery that had to shut down the growth plates
of both ankles.
I was so blessed to be speaking in the MD/DC area
and
then with my girls for her recovery
and
then together
we enlisted
Kelly Two Wolves via phone
who did a
Healing Ceremony for and with us
FOR OLIVIA
and
From there
those little toes and feet got warm
for the first time, she got a look of determination in her eyes, and stood unaided three days after surgery
no crutches, no wheelchair
and
walked.
NO pain meds (although the Oxycontin sat unopened)
we snuggled, loved,talked
and
Fired up the sage often and much.
We laughed
We Believed
We held each other, all three of us
through the times of healing
and
HOPE

We learned from a little one
the power of self determination
and
now
today, she is saying
"Bring it on Life, I am ready to run like a wild pony"
"I am now ready to take the field and to defend the goal"
I AM READY TO RUN!!!

My girl is a warrior!
She has the attitude, the grace, the skill,
and
she is quite an old soul
with lessons to teach the world.
Whether you think you can
or
think you can't
YOU ARE RIGHT!

Today, she will
because she
knows
she can!

And I for one, will be blowing up the phone
and in my heart of hearts
I will see her
"running like the wind"
and those little and most beautiful feet
looking and standing with strength
and planted firmly.
Of course
that is when they are not high in the air
as you saw in the photo above
with such form and grace!
Now as for my girl Joan, aka "the mama"?
She will be ready for a glass of wine when they return home, but you can believe she will be watching every move as Olivia takes to the field.
Oh but to be there this afternoon, to see them both
as
once again
Soccer 2011 begins in Columbia Maryland!

So as Dr Seuss would say, and I say to my girls as this day gets going,
"You're off to Great Places! Today is your day! Your mountain is waiting, So... get on your way!"
After school the great place will be the soccer field
and
Olivia will be ready, she will be dressed out
and with
no "false sense of security"
she is "secure within her self"
but
I sure wish those ankles were taped!
After all, they do tape ankles of players
in
the NFL and NBA
and
nothing is wrong with them; am I right ???

So dear ones from all over the world,
give my girl a thought today
as you take best care of you in all that you do,
remember these words of our
dear Dr Seuss:
 "So be sure when you step, Step with care and great tact. And remember that life's A Great Balancing Act. And will you succeed? Yes! You will, indeed! (98 and ¾ percent guaranteed) Kid, you'll move mountains"



Nana's girls
"Go run and enjoy this day baby"
Nana will be with you,
 "make your move"
and
so
for that I give great thanks
and
so it is!

Wherever you are
Whatever it is you are doing
Make it yours, own it,
get out there like a warrior
and
grab all
do all
and
remember
you can never ever ever
have enough
LOVE
LAUGHTER
OLD FRIENDS FIND YOU (even if from Wounded Knee)
LIGHT
HOPE
HAPPINESS
MOCS
GOOD TIMES
TIME WATCHING LILY AND HOPE AND THE CUBS AT http://www.bear.org/

and
SUGAR/SPLENDA/TRUVIA

the fire is burning and the embers are hot, sage is fired up today, can u smell it?
Thoughts on the wind to all who enter here.

"whole lot" u know who you are.

Walk In Beauty,
DRSES
author of
Healing Heartaches, Stories of Loss and Life

visit Kelly TwoWolves at
thank u sissy for all you have done for Olivia
in her healing those sweet ankles!
Keep those prayers going today as she takes the field!







7 comments:

Kelley Pitts said...

I am crying reading this!!!!

chris said...

Olivia, way to go girl--go and move those mountains!Nana & Mom will always be there watching for the sidlines proud as all heck but worried all the time. Don't worry girl-you're going to be fine...what a strong person you are-I'm not supprised tho, look at your who you came from. Very strong people indeed!
Cold and rainy up here in NY but still a great day. Talk to ya soon. L&H

Ridgway & Littlemoon said...

and we'll be sending good thoughts for Olivia from out here in Wounded Knee too! What a huge operation for a girl to go through. I'm glad we connected on the successful side of this story.
Walter and I send our thanks out to those of you who watched and commented on the movie trailer video yesterday. Thank you for your prayers. And please don't feel stupid the people here didn't understand either what was behind so many of the problems here until this knowledge began to get uncovered. Remember this: Knowledge is power. Prayers heal. Health is coming.
Now back to sending good thoughts and prayers to Olivia. This is her day.
Jane

viridian.com/greendays said...

YEP -SHE IS SOOOOOO READY..Coach emailed us this morning that we may be expecting thunder storms this evening so he would have to cancel( I didn't break that news to Olivia this morning because she is beside herself with joy and anticipation. Ready to go with new cleats, shin guards,mouth guard and ribbons for her hair!
I will keep you all posted.

Irene M said...

Yo ! Ho ! Olivia, great news of your return to the soccer field. Yo ! Ho ! ...... but take it easy young woman. Those ankles have to carry you throughout your entire blessed life. Hi Sherry, great upbeat post this glorious day, mid week. My dear and only Brother Richard, turns 60 ! today. Bless him, keep him healthy, alive and safe ! Wishes to him today, as he shovels 6 inches of SNOW in Northern New Jersey. Bye for now
Irene M loves ya, baby

Anonymous said...

hellooooooooo.
Kudos to Olivia for facing her fears with
such great determinination. Olivia will play her heart out and she will be fine.. way to go girl !!
Another fanastic blue sky day here in FL., all
the scents of spring in the air, along with my
peronal butterfly who greets me each moring,,
my heart fluteers when I see her beauty.
I am grateful for all I have today, and hugging
closely that which I have lost..
Have a wistful and blissfulday everyone..
sign me , hugging Jaren,
♥ A.

Anonymous said...

Good Goose a Moose, here it is mid evening and I am only now catching up on the blog and news of Olivia's new soccer season. Man time flys.
The trailer was very moving, many thnaks to LittleMoon and Jane for the lessons shared. Many thanks doc for putting us here on the blog in contact with such full haerts and rich stories. I feel honored to have seen the clip.
GREAT to hear from Chris again, we have missed you. New friends and old, I am so glad that we continue to gather here.