Thursday, March 24, 2011

Dame Elizabeth Taylor

Dame Elizabeth Taylor
1932-2011
Dance in the Galaxies
Beautiful Liz
You Gave So Very Much
To The World
For So Very Long


The world now mourns
a
Legend
and
I smile as I remember her saying
"I never slept with a man I didn't marry"!

We will miss her and heaven knows
there will never ever be
another
Elizabeth Taylor!
From the age of 9 years old, she stopped being a child
and
became something the world could not get enough of.


Elizabeth Taylor defined Hollywood glamour in the movie world’s most glittering era. Cinema legends Marlon Brando, Michael Caine and Shirley MacLaine were among her circle of friends – but Elizabeth outshone them all. And Michael Jackson adored Liz, and she him, quite the pair they were. They had a great and wonderful love for each other; I don't think she ever quite recovered from his sudden and tragic death, gone too soon.
But oh how she loved him and crowned him his famous name that he carried through the years as his own musical icon as in the field of greatness. Oh how she was able to love without condition ...

Oh those eyes... her very essence, her presence when she just stood beside you and her great love of life itself.


Yes of course she had struggles, many and hard ones at that, but she was a lady, a wonderful and most remarkable Dame Elizabeth she was!


Her movie career began 70 years ago and saw her appear in 54 films. She won two Best Actress Oscars and her performances in ­classics such as Cleopatra, Who’s Afraid of Virginia Woolf? and National Velvet secured her place as a genuine screen icon!


SHE STOOD FOR SO MANY, back in the day when others were afraid to stand Liz stood.

There will be tears shed across the globe you can be sure, along with tears of great gratitude for all that she was to so many,  she was an ambassador for those with HIV/AIDS and her name will live forever in the hearts and minds of those are grateful that she took a stand oh so long ago...

Top 5 quotes of Liz:

1: "Big girls need big diamonds"

2: "I've always admitted that I'm ruled by my passions."


3: "I fell off my pink cloud with a thud."
4: "I am a very committed wife. And I should be committed too - for being married so many times."
5: "I don't think President Bush is doing anything at all about Aids. In fact, I'm not sure he even knows how to spell Aids."

Thank you Liz, I will never forget that day so long ago when we met, when we had words together, and when you kissed me so long, much to the "awe" of so many!

Yes friends, these are the lips, that kissed the lips of THE Liz Taylor!!!


We WILL MISS YOU LIZ, and I pray you now can enjoy the other side without pain, without judgment from the worldly ones, and are reconnected with the greatest love of your life!
I sure do hope they have diamonds on the other side!


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UwKplSziotM&feature=related




May you walk in Beauty today friends,
DRSES


p.s. OLIVIA took the soccer field, ran like a pony in the wind, KICKED that soccer ball half way across the field, and says, "Nana it was awesome, and I feel great and so do my feet"! Tell everyone thanks for thinkin' of me"


http://www.drsherryeshowalter.com/













6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok, what's the back story on a kiss from Elizabeth Taylor????? ONLY You doc! This is a tease just to want us to kow more. So how in the world did you get to meet Liz, and how is it you got such a resounding kiss from an American Icon? Spill yopur guts. T will be wondering all day about this. Do share...
As for Olivia, of course she went all out. She is such a trooper. There is a girl that knows no fear. Gotta LOVE HER FOR THAT. Hope Mama Joan survived the sidelines.
Best to all. Amazing it'salready Thursday!

Irene M said...

R I P Liz Taylor, Born 2/27 / Passed 3/23
All about noticing the numbers. She is out of years of pain & discomfort.
Good job, Olivia. May you have many many soccer matches ahead of you ! Go get ' em.
To bring some joy & lightness to my days, I have immersed myself in following AMERICAN IDOL
World news / events / weather swallow me up in sadness, so IDOL takes me away, SO FAR AWAY.
Everyone, enjoy this Thurs. Sun, Fun, Stars, Water......... go have some ICESCREAM !

Chris said...

Good Morning from the Frozen Tundra of NY--it iced and snowed last night leaving everything in a winter wonderland....BUT--I do hope that this is the last time I see it in person..too cold for my bones!!!Give me Fla any day!! I'll look at the pictures all day long just in a nice warm place. Florida or Hawaii sounds good to me!!
Good for you Olivia!! I'm glad everything went the way they did!!!
well, talk to ya soon-L&H

Anonymous said...

Dame Elizabeth, she was, is and forever will be a gentle soul, a caring loving person, sort of a comedian and wonders why she was not committed for marrying so many times. There is not a actress anywhere that can compare to her lovely heart, her sexy being and the true person she really was in life and in death. She took up the causes of AIDS where no one else would do when her beloved Rock Hudson died. She was threatened and haressed but nothing kept her from doing what she believed in. There is so much scandal in Hollywood now and so many Divas, she didnt have to go there because her heart was good to all beings. Rest in peace sweet, beautiful lady and we will mourn you forever. You will be out of pain and with your true family. May your children stick together and love as you did. God Bless everyone. Gone too soon.

Ridgway & Littlemoon said...

and you washed those lips?????????

Anonymous said...

helloooo.
thanks for a great blog, enjoyed each word.
so happy for Olivia, quite a strong warrior
I'm thinking..
Wishing eternal happiness for Ms. Liz, indeed
deserving of respect and admiration.
wishing also a peaceful night of dreams and
peace of mind to all..
sign me, hugging my angels ♥
A.