Friday, August 13, 2010

Callin on some thinkers here... Needin some ideas


Many minds
Many thoughts
Great ideas come from asking

So todays' thoughts are about asking
YOU
for your thoughts!

Yep, usually I start my day with my thoughts, my coffee, my four-leggeds entertaining me and you...
BUT
today, I'm asking for your thoughts, your ideas, your brain to work... and to pitch in... all of the Warriors here; those who comment, those who usually read and don't
STOMP
Today
I want you all to comment, to give your input...

Cos' I'm wondering:


The above is a site to connect to: It's Olivia's mom Joan's site for "greening the grid" with sustainable energy... and to save people up to 20% on their electric bills... by just filling out with a few clicks on the ole' Internet and changing their utility company to Viridian and helping our earth by going "green"!

Best part of this is:
IT COSTS PEOPLE ZERO... NADA ... NOTHIN...
and
It helps the environment too!

This is available in:
Maryland, Pennsylvania, New York,
New 600Jersey, Connecticut,

Now why in the world it's not yet available in the sunshine state of Florida is beyond me... cos' I would sign up in a fast swift minute...
Competition is a great thing, that's my way of thinking!
It keeps folks honest!
I just paid an electric bill of over $600.00 this month and after quivering, cussing and overall feeling sick
I would sign up if I could save 20.00 with another company...

So, it got me thinking...
what keeps folks from signing up on a deal like this?
What motivates folks to "switch" when it costs them nothing out of pocket?
What keeps folks from switching?

Have we become so jaded that we question or doubt that if something will save us 20% and help the world that it can't be true?

What would it take for you to think this is a great idea?

How can we Warriors help Joan spread the news of this Viridian idea?

Who do you know in these states that you can share her website with?
Doesn't everyone want to see some relief in their electric bills these days?

What in the world is Progress Energy doing that my bill was so high this month anyway???\\\

Perhaps folks just don't believe that it is true... could that be the case?

I myself can't understand why anyone would hesitate to save a couple of bucks at any opportunity these days!

Give us some ideas here... how can Joan spread the word... what should she tell folks to get them to sign up with her Viridian energy and save themselves some money...
Go Green folks!

So Joan tells me she is talking with people and they just look at her funny ... like they are waiting for a "punch line" or not making the "switch"... and I am completely shocked by that! There must be something that folks are thinking... but I cannot fathom what it is...
And
I'm figuring that the many who gather here just might have the answers!
STOMP
We are warriors here; creative thinkers all... who better to ask!
We have folks in Brasil; young and bright minds who could lend a hand on the thinking...
We have soldiers; bakers in Texas sweating in the heat trying to keep the temperatures reasonable as she saves money... surely she would want such a deal as Viridian to save her 15-20% on her electric...
She is baking cookies for the http://www.bear.org/
Viridian is great for fun-raising efforts... get in touch with Joan about that possibility too!

We have folks who have stared Cancer in the eye and said... "You will NOT win", who have coping strategies and have fought the fight and won the war... Who better to ask for strategies in how to get your ideas across and who better to ask for input on such topics ...

This is a page of creativity, of strength of folks who know how to succeed and who do not take "no"...
We must save our planet, we need to foster ways to save money and enrich our lives to have the best life possible.

Energy, electricity, being warm in the winter and cool in summers heat...
awww
sweet indeed... add to that 20% less on bills equals 20% more in my pocket = happy am I!
You just might be able to go out to dinner! Buy a copy of Healing Heartaches, Stories of Loss and Life
or
Treat yourself to a wonderful special something that you've been wanting!
Why give it to the electric company when you can have it in your pocket right?

So the question of the day is?

What stops folks from taking advantage of a clear cut savings that will cost them nothing?

I look forward to your answer and feel free to email your thoughts to Joan directly at:
and visit her site

Olivia and Nana thank YOU as does the "Mama" Joan!

Now isn't this fun... today I get to ask you for YOUR THOUGHTS...

Joan and ME and the Embassy Suites Bear!

The fire is burning brightly and its embers are hot... thoughts on the gentle breezes to all this morning... you know who you are, you are in the power of some powerful folks here and those awesome angels are always with you...

Walk In Beauty,
DrSES
Healing Heartaches, Stories of Loss and Life



10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I do think people are afforded so many opportunities to save $ buy "switching", phone services, cheaper car insurance, perscription plans, etc. May be people don'tbelieve it or think it is too complicated to do. Neither true, but Joan needs a message that tackles skepticism and deals with how easy it is to switch. Wish I had a better answer. How can people not want to save a bit of $ and save the planet at the same time. Seems like a no brainer to me.

Anonymous said...

Hellooo, okay, pehaps as a society we have become
cynical and mistrusting of the ways of
the corporate USA... if it seems too good to
be true...usually it is a "come on "..
or perhaps we have become complacent with
taking " a hit " in our pockets...
most often because we cannot control
the forces that control us... it makes me
also sick to pay my outrageous electric bill,
and the more outrageous prices at the fuel
pumps... I love the challenge to be part of
the solution as compared to ranting of the
problem... I personally do not know anyone
in the states in which Viridian is
available...however,
perhaps if each of us took the time to
post a positive note about Viridian, with a
link attached...maybe the network would be
able to help get the word out... after all, the theory
of " tell 2 friends, they tell 2 friends,
and so on "...the verbal chain letter,
may help to spread the word... just saying,
I'd be on board... Would like to say, as well,
a wickedcool idea to go green, and save some
of the money we all work so hard for to
put to better use...
Hope you all have a great day !
Super friday the 13th... bad luck be banned !
May are Angels play in wonderment with us
all today !!!
sign me,
A... purple noodle

Anonymous said...

Andrea, great idea... Each one reach one in a virtual way. Today seems like a ggod idea to come up with our thoughts to help Joan. Like a"focus group:. Love being a part of the solution too. Maybe people think signing up will be a complicated task, or that somehow, there will be an unknown negative consequence down the road. Like, wha tif Veridion goes out of business and they find themselves without an electric company? Could this happen?
Anyway.... I LOVE Friday the 13th. Never did get why people don't just refuse the myths about "unlucky" stuff. I make my own "luck". I am VERY LUCKY! Best Friday to all.

liv said...

HOLY MOLEY - THANKS EVERYONE !!!!THE NANA IS AWESOME - I have a 10:00 call this morning with the Epilepsy Foundation - they are taking a look at Viridian for fundraisng, the foundation will get $2.00 for every family that switches ,every month till the end of time ! why wouldn't they do it ? right ? I WILL CONSIDER THIS DAY MY LUCKY FRIDAY THE 13TH.FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO ARE CURIOUS HOW THIS ALL WORKS, OR IF YOU KNOW OF A REAL GO-GETTER WHO WANTS TO MAKE SOME EXTRA MONEY(U DON'T HAVE TO LIVE IN THE STATES WE ARE AVAILABLE IN TO DO THIS,) CHECK OUT THESE VIDEOS, www.viridianpresentation.info
http://fundraising.viridianpresentation.info

Cathy Madden said...

I know down here and I guess just about everywhere you have to sign a contract to stay with your energy company for two years and your rate is locked in. Our company we are with is not a green company but we have a very resonalble cost. A woman was handing out leaflets and trying to sign folks up with one of the green energy companies down here in Texas and when I told her what we were paying she said you have a good rate and we can't beat that but keep us in mind when you get ready to sign your next contract. I'm all for having choices. That's what life is all about CHOICES! My hubby is always researching and trying to get us the best deal. Right now we pay 11.2 cents per KWH. Our bill this year even though we are with the same company this time this year is 170 dollars less than last year. We have figured several things happend to make that differnece. One is our Air Conditioner was on the fritz last July which caused it to run more, second we had an unemployed son home 27/7 who had just graduated from college thankfully he's employed now and will be moving out soon, we had a turtle tank acquired by just graduated college son that had a heating element for the water and it's not working anymore and turtles seems to be doing just fine, and I'm keeping the thermostat on 80 during the day opposed to 78 but after 5 it begins going down because I just can't sleep in a hot house so it's 72 by 10. The more green energy companies we have to choose from will drive the prices down I figure so I'm all for getting the word out and bringing another company in here. I have a Niece who lives in New York and I'll be happy to tell her about Viridian. She lives in the city in an Apt. so I don't know how that works but she knows a lot of people and is active in her church. I will send her the info today.
Have a great day and cookies are done and yes I was svestsing like crazy in an 80 degree house with the oven on. I will be mailing today to the dear folks at NABC!

Anonymous said...

Sadly People Tend To Choose A Known Horror Vs Any Unknown. Even A Good Unknown.

Anonymous said...

It's all about reliability. It's difficult to put something as important as your electricity into the hands of a company that you've never heard of. How reliable are they? Can they keep the lights on in a storm? Will I be able to get support if I need it? Being green is an awesome thing....but any company who wants business has to have a reason other than "green"..that's not enough in this world. Show people information on the company..how many employees, substations, help desks, etc. What is your "uptime" percentage? What kind of credit do I get if you miss that?

People want to save money, but they are also risk adverse, and so will tend to stick with what is a "known entity", even if it costs a bit more.....

Blessings to you all
Lizzy

Irene M said...

Better late than not commenting.
New company, going green, saving $$, spread the word. I, for one, will send the info / link to my peeps in NJ & PA for them to see and decide the ultimate change over possibility
Not available here in FLA, we are paying a lot, so I have done some personal cost saving unplugging and conservation. It's good to spread the word via internet, hope fully those STUCK with their comfort providers will consider a new company. We can only do what we can do to help MOTHER EARTH !
FIRM on this Friday the 13th

viridian.com/greendays said...

To all of todays awesome bloggers, thanks for all the thoughts. Great ideas and insight. Here are a few facts; hope this will help demystify some of the thoughts;
*When you choose a third party supplier your Current Utility Company will still handle all billing, delivery, service and emergencies.
*Your Current Utility Company will stay in control of system repairs, as well as collections and service terminations. If your power goes out or you need more time paying your bills, you still call Your Current Utility Company

"known entity", even if it costs a bit more..... *Your utility Company does not profit from selling you electricity? And if you do not choose a 3rd party supplier the STATE chooses one for you; you are not told who they are, and you are paying full retail with the “provider of last resort

*The Federal Government has a goal for all 50 states to be using electricity that is at least 20% GREEN by the year 2020 - Viridian is already at 20% Green

*There is no cost to switch/no contracts

I do try and relay these things when I chat with folks, but like Sherry said, they still look at me like I have 3 heads.

This is and has always been such a supportive blog... thanks again for all the gret ideas, I 'll keep you all posted :)

Anonymous said...

I for one say let's just get it goin foloks, take the time to switch and if you dont like it switch again, but what they hey right? let's keep thiese ideas flowing this weekend and see what we all can come up with to help joan and olivia green it up there and get folks moving along on this ... STOMP n here :) what a page this is... sending this to everyone i know as usual... thabnks doc for leading us on as usual and letting us be a voice, take a break, we'll do the thinkin