Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Memories ~ Some funny stuff is there when you dig...


Memories:
The crystal ball
HOLDS MEMORIES OF SOME FUNNY STUFF
dig     dig       dig
and
share those funny memories with us!


There are some outright hysterical funny memories in all of us shared with loved ones...


I just know that to be true!


Painful ~ Loveliness, Memories... thinking about those memories of times past...






NOT DWELLING IN THE PAST, NOT HOLDING ONTO THE PAST, NOT CHRONIC SORROW AND PAIN...


BUT:



EFFERVESCENT... REMEMBERING...


AND FOR TODAY..


 I WANT YOU TO THINK AND TO SHARE
WITH YOU, WITH ME
AND
WITH THE OTHER WARRIORS HERE....


THE FUNNIEST OF MEMORIES OF YOUR LOVED ONES THOSE WHO ARE LONGER HERE...

C'mon dig back into those files of your heart, your mind, your nervous system...
dig  ~ dig deep...


past the sorrow, past the tears.... and find the funniest memories .... ones that make you laugh out loud with the thought of,
the ones that you've managed to file and forget...
You know, The ones you've managed to let sorrow trump,
You know...
 the ones that somehow have gotten taken over by grief!\?


Somehow and somewhere along the way, grief has grown over the happy/the funniest memory of all time,
are ya feelin me this morning.


Remember that show about the the "funniest video"?


Well you too hold the "funniest video" in your mind's eye... of a loved one... It has just had a patch over it through your journey of grief, somehow blinded along the way...


But for today... right here and right now... I want you to search through all those spaghetti noodles of the brain, those neurotransmitters until you come up with it...


I have faith that you will find it, just look hard and long for what is the funniest... memory...


I bet you've got more than one, come back and post them .... there are no rules on how many times you can comment! I know sometimes google will throw you out, those wonderful comments get lost, you get frustrated too... then the moment is gone, you sorta give up and just say.... well I won't say what you tell me you say when I get those frustrated emails from time to time!


But I do feel your pain/frustration... things like that happen, but don't despair... keep on posting til it takes it!


that is the beauty of this page, come back often, comment much...laugh til your face hurts as you recollect your treasures that you find! Re-visit the page, the thoughts from days/months ago... some will surprise you when you find your way back to them, maybe hit home if you know what I mean! See what others have to say since you were last there...


There are some fantastic folks who visit here I will tell ya that!


Give it some flare as you recall the good times, the great times, the hysterical times... those are the memories to hold fast to, those are the memories that sustain and propel you to re-invest in life, living and the pursuit of a wonderful and superb life!


WE are the legacies ~ our lives having been made all the more rich by those we have loved and been loved by ~




Chronic sorrow is not a garment to be worn by anyone ~




Even during times of profound sadness there is humor... hell I've never been to a funeral that there wasn't times of great comedy now that I think about it...


In Healing Heartaches, I tell the story of Soph who sat looking at her beloved husband in his mahogany casket and leaned into me and said, "you know honey... that casket costs more than any piece of furniture in my entire home ... and after today, I'll never see it again!" Have you read and/or gifted my book to others yet? I continue to receive wonderful emails telling me of its power, asking if I've been looking in the windows of others souls and lives... Seems everyone is relating to the many stories and the path of healing ways talked about in the many stories...


I am honored by the feedback... touched by the time it takes for those to take the time to let me know that they have loved Healing Heartaches, those that are writing reviews about the book and sharing it with others... Thank you.


How bout Soph... oh how I remember her stories, her journey, even today I smile and laugh when I think about it.


Now c'mon... that is funny~!~! sad, but true, and when you think about, I mean really think about it... quite funny don't ya think?


So... for today, let's embrace the funny memories, the great and wonderful moments of life, of happy, of memories that sustain and give us reason to STOMP, to celebrate, to laugh and know that we are more happy that relationships and love happened at all and that the miracle of love is stronger than the events of death ~ Life is for living, not continual mourning of endings...
 There is no ending... the circle continues ...






The fire is burning brightly with thoughts being sent on the wind ~ ~ ~


We are together in thoughts and prayers ... Sending hope in healing


To those who are serving this great Nation, I thank you and your families, I want you home safely.


We are together in prayer, in thoughts of all that is needed to remind you out there, we are WARRIORS...


"that which is to provide light must endure burning"
{V. Frankl}






We are always alongside the journey with you, along with some powerful angels... May you find comfort in knowing we are with you always:
for that I give thanks, and so it is!


FOR:Tampa, our Mayor Iorio, Chief Jane Castor, Tampa PD, all who serve:
HOLDING UP IN THE LIGHT; IN PRAYER;
2wolves, Tink..and Mitch, Jerry, Trish, Barb, Anastasia, Mary, Rylee,
The Kocab Family, baby Lilly Nicole Kocab, The Curtis Family, Tarpon PD, those serving here and there in Uniform...


Mylee, Mikey and family in DC, Jack M & Janis in OC, Stephen,
Stuart Wittel in Pakistan and his parents,
Lavie Coltrane and her loving family, Pat in Southwest VA, Andrea Gasse and family here and in New England,
Ali and family, Randy and Winnie in New Mexico,
 Irene M, Bernice, Eileen and family,
Dorothy, Angela, Elijah, Ode, Linda M, "Southwest VA",


Vicki, Matthew and family, Chris, Lovie, Our new adopted family in BRAZIL,


Our Black American Bears Lily and HOPE, their spunky spirit, Jill, the folks at the NABC, Joseph, Cathy Madden and her family., Cindy in NC (REMISSION), Cindy, Liz, Lee, Molly, Joanie, Jude, COFA,Judi, Matthew, Natalia, Matt, Mark's family and many friends , Pat, Irene, Kevin, Dr D, Deb, Randy, Dr B , Charlie and family, Jean, Julie, Rhonda, Victoria, Mildred, Andi and family, Faith, Denise, Jim, Tom, Joey, Shelby friends and family, Judi, Phylis, Joyce, Gina, Tonya, Beverly and Family, Janeth, Melissa, Pam, Virginia, Stacey, Elizabeth, Nita, Gary Siegal, Adrienna,Brian Mawbey, the Boyan Family, Jean R and friend Christy Rider, Victoria and hubbie, Stephen, Gayle, Steph, Chris, Erica, Eileen, John, Mindy, Jack, Susan Werth Becken, her brother Mike and family, Craig James Lightfoot and his family, Kenny, Audrey,
Ed Saner,  Patty Crowley,


and ...
(please feel free to let me know if you would like to add your/or a friends name to our list)


Please lift these friends family and loved ones of these people in your hearts and prayers ~


Just because you have the power and choose to to join with us there are some powerful warriors on this page and in the next place along with some awesome angels ~ together we have banded together with the energy, love and support to facilitate healing and hope for so many along their journey... and for that you should feel pride and great love in connection ~


That is the HOPE in Healing Heartaches ~


Walk In Beauty,


DRSES


Healing Heartaches, Stories of Loss and Life


Walk In Beauty,


DRSES


http://www.drsherryeshowalter.com/

6 comments:

Irene M said...

NOT funny ( at the time ) Hilarious, now....
Staff at a nursing facility called me at night to say my dear mother, Rose, bit 2 of their staff. Not funny, right ? I asked them what the heck they were trying to DO TO HER ?!?
They were trying to take her teeth out for the night and ROSE HAD ALL HER OWN CHOPPERS.
sooooooooooooooooo she bit them. Read the chart, people !!!!!!! That's just one of my stories. Take care, IRM

viridian.com/greendays said...

ok. I am gonna put my stupidness out there for all to get a good chuckle, remember when me, you and BB were at her house and I couldn't remember what animal ham came from and I didn't believe you and BB when u told me. so sad :(

Anonymous said...

So, my Dad was in the hospital at one point for pain in his upper left abdomen. The doctors were convinced it was a problem with his colon. One of the first things they did was an enema. It didn't do anything for the pain. The 2nd day he was there, they did another one. Same results..nothing. On the third day, when they wanted to do a third enema,. my DAD puts his hand on the IV pole and says 'If you stick ONE MORE THING up my ASS, I'm going to stick something up YOURS"...HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Turned out the pain was from a torn muscle in his lower chest from coughing........

Blessings
Lizzy

Anonymous said...

My Grandmother, a very proper woman, could get quite indignant when challenged. One evening while dining out (before she was diagnosed with Alzheimers) she but beer from the pitcher in her coffee. When we pointed it out, she drew herself up proudly, and said "I always put beer in my coffee if you don't mind! We almost choaked trying not to laugh out loud.

Joe said...

my Dad had dentures...we absolutely loved it when, in the middle of a scolding or tirade, his dentures would let loose and fall out of his mouth..the scolding would stop and laughter would ensue..GREAT TIMES!!

Anonymous said...

I ventured out to do errands ,
leaving my girls , toddlers, at the, with
their Dad.. they were busy at play in the
"toy room "... Dad busy at play in front
of ESPN... when I got back... hmmm. very ,
very quiet..with the exception of the snoring
Dad in the recliner.... where were the girls ??
As I walked into the toy room to find.. OMG !
those precocious little ladies had painted
themselves head to toe..with black
PEMANENT magic marker.. just big blue and
brown eyes were all saw, eyes open wide when asked
" where"s Dad ? ".... they led me
into the den with the snoring lion, in the
recliner.... ALSO.... covered , all his arms
and face... in the same black marker...
they laughed and said "we colored Daddy ! "
ohhhhh...... love the memories !
May the Angels fill our hearts with sweet
memories tonight !
Goodnite everyone...
STOMP !!!
sign me,
very long work week ahead !
Andrea