Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Ready AIM Fire off those words...

Wondering at the Wonder of Words




"Sticks n Stones may break my bones, but words can never hurt me"... what crap that ole saying was/is!!!!
Just sayin...

What's new with you on this Terrific Tuesday... thinkin I'm almost "hydrated again"... blood pressure took a dip with my Gump antics of the week-end... hopefully it is crawling back up there... starting to feel human again, always a good thing!

"And that's all I have to say about that"!

Engage our minds, before our mouths and our bodies, yep that's what I'm thinkin~><



Ever give a quick answer?
 Ever wish later, after the fact that you had put a little thought into it before you engaged?
 I have.
 Sometimes I have wished I could have had the time, or taken the time to come up with a well thought-out answer or response.

There have been more than a few times when I have stood silently, blinking, frozen, lips zipped.
No response to be found.
Mind empty.
 I scratch around and find; nothing.
 I don’t know if in those special, rare moments I am stunned, amazed, or stupid.
 I can say that infrequently I have offered no response because I am consciously editing myself, less the “sailor” below decks slips out, if you know what I mean. Thankfully those moments are rare indeed.

Words can hurt.
 Those are words that we hope to not utter, no matter the circumstances

We are at best thoughtful people capable of choosing our words carefully when challenged.

Remember not only to say the right thing in the right place, but far more difficult still, to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment. ”
Benjamin Franklin

Ever found yourself blabbering on and on about nothing? Oh yeah.
Been there too.


Ever gotten ahead of yourself and chased circles around your own words, saying nothing a mile a minute.
 Blah blah, blah blah blah blah.
 Just stop.
 Cease and desist.
 Better to say nothing and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.
Can’t remember who said that but it sure fits in situations like that, have seen some of those very situations...they are not pretty!

"The trouble with talking too fast is you may say something you haven't thought of yet." -- Ann Landers


I’ve done that too.
 Sound familiar?

So in the end,
 We use words to convey meaning and express desire, to give solace and provide comfort, to impact and inspire. We use words to express our thoughts, to provide emphasis, to create the linkage from thought to language.
Words reflect what we think, and when we are unthinking.
Words can motivate, support, and explain.
Words can tell a story, provide hope and healing ways.

And they do.

Speak with purpose.
 Let the gift of language always be offered as a gift. Sincere, thoughtful words offered with a kind smile on our faces and in our eyes begins with the words our hearts hold.
Speak form the heart and you just can’t go wrong.
Let your knowledge be your truth as you speak your hearts song today and all days...

The fire is burning brightly and its embers are hot, sending thoughts on the wind to all who gather here and there and everywhere...We are with you, we are Warriors here, ready to send our best thoughts, our best wishes...



We stand strong for and with those out there fighting the fight, battling their battles and living their lives with gratitude and amazing grace, during the great and not so great times... through good times and profound sadness of loss times. We along with some powerful angels are with you, you are never alone...


Sending hope in healing on the winds to all who gather here and for all in and around Tampa, the families of the fallen, those in blue who are grieving while they are serving and protecting us.



To those who are serving this great Nation, I thank you and your families, I want you home safely.

We are together in prayer, in thoughts of all that is needed to remind you out there, we are WARRIORS...

we are with you, along with some powerful angels... May you find comfort in knowing we are with you always: for that I give thanks, and so it is!

FOR:Tampa, our Mayor Iorio, Chief Jane Castor, Tampa PD, all who serve: Tink..and Mitch, Jerry,

Trish, Barb, Anastasia,

The Kocab Family, baby Lilly Nicole Kocab,

The Curtis Family,



Tarpon PD, those serving here and there in Uniform...



Randy and Winnie in New Mexico, Irene M, Bernice, Eileen, Ali and family, Dorothy, Angela, Elijah, Ode, Linda M, "Southwest VA", Vicki and Matthew, Chris, Our new adopted family in BRAZIL,

Our Black American Bears Lily and HOPE, their spunky spirit, and Jill, the folks at the NABC, Joseph, Cathy Madden and her family., Cindy in NC (here comes REMISSION), Cindy Cumbie, Laura, Mitch and family, Liz, Lee, Molly, Joanie, Jude, COFA,Judi, Matthew, Matt, Mark's family and many friends , Andrea, Jimmy, Marie and family up in New England, Pat, Irene, Kevin, Dr D, Deb, Randy, Dr B , Charlie and family, Jean, Julie, Rhonda, Victoria, Mildred, Andi and family, Faith, Denise, Jim, Tom, Joey, Shelby friends and family, Judi, Phylis, Joyce, Gina, Tonya, Beverly and Family, Janeth, Melissa, Pam, Virginia, Stacey, Elizabeth, Nita, Gary Siegal, Adrienna,Brian Mawbey, the Boyan Family,



Please hold the friends and family of these people in your hearts and prayers ~ just because you have the power and choose to to join with us ~ STOMP
 
Walk In Beauty,
DRSES
author of
Healing Heartaches, Stories of Loss and Life
http://www.drsherryeshowalter.com/

8 comments:

Irene M said...

Nice photo up there.............
Sticks and stones. My gums flap waaaaayyyyy
too much. My mother used to say to us:
"THINK BEFORE YOU SPEAK", coming from a non high school graduate born in 1919.
Good blog and advice today. Thus, the expression: " well, shut my mouth ! "
I feel so good today, best I have felt in 6 months. I wonder why ?!?!?!??! My new favorite doctor. Staying FIRM

Cathy Madden said...

My husband use to say to me as I would be rambling on and on "Cathy, do you have just so many words that you must say everyday so you have to keep talking to get that many words in." Well, now I don't talk as much and try to think more before I speak and he says"Is something wrong, are you feeling o.k., have I done something wrong?" When I tell him "no nothing is wrong, why?" "Well, you just aren't talking very much." Go figure. I have been known to be very wordy and famous for telling folks what I think before I've been asked for an opinion. I've learned over the years to be slow to speak and listen more.
Glad you are feeling better. Today I'm cleaning the house!

Anonymous said...

It is definitely a fact that my filter is not as well anchored as it could be. I can come flying out of my mouth with some REALLY funny stuff...but also hurtful stuff. Saying something I haven't thought of yet....wow..ok.

As this is particularly applicable to me these days, I'm not going to say much here., but rather take the words into my mind, and think on them.....

Blessings to you all
Lizzy

Anonymous said...

helloooo.
words can cut like a sharp knife,
leaving a gaping hole in hearts and
relationships...I do make an attempt
to think before I speak, opinionate only
when asked...but there are times when
temper gets the best of me and the mouth starts
running... if I do offend someone I will
humbly apologize....
Hope everyone has a great day...
no media news for me today..
all the talk of building a trophy
to the horrific destruction on ground zero
has me furious...STOMP...
may the angels bring us inner peace and sensible
insight today..
glad to hear you are feeling better Doc.
sign me,
A.

Joe said...

I try to speak only when I have something productive to say. I have been teaching my kids the same way..I hope.. My oldest (13) will come into the room ranting about random topics football events, homework, baseball stats, girls all in one non stop sentence..lol..I simply look at him and say "Caleb, I hear you talking, but you are saying absolutely nothing"..which causes a smile and a pause in order to get his thoughts collected.

Words can be described in many ways and used in many many more. Like an artists paint, if you throw them all together you have a big mess, but constructed correctly could be considered a priceless work of art.

viridian.com/greendays said...

AH YES, think before you speak, I am really really bad at that. can't help it, some people just piss me off, and I feel it is my duty as a good citizen to let them know :) :) :)The good news is I do catch myself now, and know when its time for me to get out of the public eye.

Anonymous said...

Sometimes I just open my mouth and wait to hear what comes out.... To be truthful, I am often amazed and encouraged by what I have said. Funny huh? In all seriousness, I almost always say what I think and it works out. I do know the value of silence and employ it when the topic is undeserving of my comments. Criticism sandwhiched between thick slices of praise works well too. Good topic doc. I too am glad that you a doing better!

Chris said...

These past few years have taught me more than all my years before--I have learned (and still learning) to keep quiet and let the person rant-then try so very hard to turn it back on them with a quip or something funny--not always successful but I try. Of course there are a few people in the world that don't deserve anything more than a few unthoughtful words. But they are few and far between-thank God!
Sure glad you're feeling better--just remember teenagers are much better suited for that than we are. Talk to ya soon.