Thursday, August 26, 2010

Friends ~ What a life we have with friends ~

I love the Dogwood


Goood Mornin Mornin ~ ~ ~ Here comes the "scatterings" aka RAIN...
Decided to "sleep in" before picking up my suntan lotion to point at the sky again today...
Coffee in hand for practice holding and then I am going to really jazz things up and grab that bottle and just hold it to the cloudy sky for emphasis and say:
"OK, SEE THIS BOTTLE, ENOUGH WITH THE RAIN"

As Soldier Madden is home in Texas, eating house and home of Mom Cathy Madden, I want to let you all know that my neighbor and friends Sandy and Stuart...
Son Stuart Wittel has left for his deployment to Pakistan... yet another tour for him... A proud Marine serving our country in his big fighter jet left yesterday for 9 months headed to : P A K I S T A N... Please keep this Marine and his family in your thoughts and prayers.

Talked to an old friend via chat last night.. I mean an old friend...
We went to high school together ~ tanned our bods together back in the day too! We did it all Mary and I! Walked and ran through many an experience ~ Even worked in the tobacco fields as kids we did ~ Now that is dating us I fear ~ But oh my did we have some great times in our times together...
She even named her baby after me, remember little Kelly? The beautiful one with the picture of she and ole George Clooney? The one with the fab restaurant in Md, called Yamas Grill? Kelly is currently in China!~!~ and they love Kelly in China they do! Tall, thin beautiful Kelly from America has won over all in China ~ heehe
Yamas Grill in Maryland is doing great... Mary is up North now playing role of Grandma for the little ones and they are giving her a run for her money!

Yep, Kelly's Mom; Mary and me used to run the roads and have a ball together back in the day!
Mary is talented beyond belief, a Jewelry maker/stain glass maker... now preparing to move to the beach with a new beginning for herself next month! Still friends today lo after so may years... We still connect with those ties that bind after (a few years) of being kids together... We've even rolled down the hill of the Washington Monument together; now that is real friends ~

Real Friends true friends old friends family of choice




Friendship alone, doesn't make the world go round, but it sure makes the ride worthwhile.
What greater gift can we give than to be a real friend? My closest friends know me sometimes better than I know myself.
 I turn to them to share the great moments in my life, and I lean on them in my darkest hours.
Those that I can count on to really “be there” are few, but precious.
Time true honored and trusted friends are few; they are chosen ...
Sometimes friends come and go; they are their for reasons, seasons... some to teach you, to reach you... some to remind you of choosing more carefully even!


I am blessed in having a lifetime very bestest friend... one who is always near, always here for me in my finest hour and no so finest day ~


A friend is someone who knows your past, believes in your future, and accepts you just the way you are.


My friends honor my strengths and accept my weaknesses.
Nothing adds more to my life than the lasting friendships I have. I can’t really say how each came about.
When we first met might not be the moment I recall, but the knowledge that my life would be very different, much less, without their part in it is a profound truth.
When I can sit in silence and know my friend is quite comfortable just sharing the same space, when I can look to my friend to know just the right moment to lift me up, and when to just sit quietly and let me wallow for a time.
That is a real friend.
They feel our sorrows, and revel in our joy.
No one celebrates my every little accomplishment better than my friend.
Small though it may be, in that moment of encouragement and celebration, it feels as though I have met greatness.
The same celebration alone, without my friend would seem self-indulgent.


So do we value the friendships we have been blessed with.
 Are we the friend we want to have?
 Do we give as good as we get?
You know the old saying “A friend in need is a friend indeed”?
Well, as true as that is, I prefer the friend who has proven their steadfastness in good times and bad.
 A friend who is there to share my joy, as well as support me when it all comes crashing down.
 If we value our friends only when they come through for us, we appreciate only half of their merit.


I love the secrets we share.
 I have a "secret keeper or two" as well!
 Love that, it is sooo much fun ~
The truths know only to our selves and each other.
 They are special.
 Our communication often spoken without words.
My friends can tell me things I could not hear about myself from a stranger.
Truths spoken out of undoubted love and caring.
So I look to my friends, my true best friends to unravel my thoughts when they are tangled.
To encourage me in risking complacency.
 I love that even my silliest ideas find traction in my friends.
I love leaving skid marks with my most trusted friends too.... and through the years we've left some impressive tracks ~ weeeeeeee (did you remember that???)
We laugh together, share our dreams, suffer our missteps, and wholly love each other!


Maya Angelou said once, "The most called-upon prerequisite of a friend is an accessible ear" and oh boy is that the truth Dr Angelou!!!


So for today, think about those you call "friend", what does it mean to you ... think about you as a "friend" and are you being what it means to you ~
STOMP


Mary: it was great catching up, visiting yesterday! Felt like no time had passed since last we saw each other so many years ago ~ Best of all things in your new home, your new life ... Dance on the beach, live love laugh with each breath of YOU my old friend ~


The fire is burning brightly today with thoughts on the wind to all who gather here...For those fighting the fights of their lives and mourning the losses...


We are with you, We stand beside you always,


We Are Warriors here, along with some powerful angels We stand strong for and with those out there fighting the fight, battling their battles and living their lives with gratitude and amazing grace, during the great and not so great times... through good times and profound sadness of loss times. We along with some powerful angels are with you, you are never alone...


Sending hope in healing on the winds to all who gather here


To those who are serving this great Nation, I thank you and your families, I want you home safely.


We are together in prayer, in thoughts of all that is needed to remind you out there, we are WARRIORS...


We are always alongside the journey with you, along with some powerful angels... May you find comfort in knowing we are with you always: for that I give thanks, and so it is!


FOR:Tampa, our Mayor Iorio, Chief Jane Castor, Tampa PD, all who serve: Tink..and Mitch, Jerry, Trish, Barb, Anastasia, Mary, Rylee, The Kocab Family, baby Lilly Nicole Kocab, The Curtis Family, Tarpon PD, those serving here and there in Uniform...
Ali and family, Randy and Winnie in New Mexico, Irene M, Bernice, Eileen, Dorothy, Angela, Elijah, Ode, Linda M, "Southwest VA", Vicki and Matthew, Chris, Our new adopted family in BRAZIL, Our Black American Bears Lily and HOPE, their spunky spirit, and Jill, the folks at the NABC, Joseph, Cathy Madden and her family., Cindy in NC (here comes REMISSION), Cindy Cumbie, Laura, Mitch and family, Liz, Lee, Molly, Joanie, Jude, COFA,Judi, Matthew, Matt, Mark's family and many friends , Andrea, Jimmy, Marie and family up in New England, Pat, Irene, Kevin, Dr D, Deb, Randy, Dr B , Charlie and family, Jean, Julie, Rhonda, Victoria, Mildred, Andi and family, Faith, Denise, Jim, Tom, Joey, Shelby friends and family, Judi, Phylis, Joyce, Gina, Tonya, Beverly and Family, Janeth, Melissa, Pam, Virginia, Stacey, Elizabeth, Nita, Gary Siegal, Adrienna,Brian Mawbey, the Boyan Family, Jean R and friend Christy Rider, Victoria and hubbie, Stephen, Gayle, Steph, Chris, Erica, Eileen, John, Mindy, Jack, Susan Werth Becken, her brother Mike and family,
Craig James Lightfoot and his family,
and ... (please feel free to let me know if you would like to add your/or a friends name to our list)


Please hold the friends and family of these people in your hearts and prayers ~
just because you have the power and choose to to join with us there are some powerful warriors on this page
and in the next place along with some awesome angels


STOMP
Walk In Beauty,


DRSES


Healing Heartaches, Stories of Loss and LIfe
http://www.healingheartaches.com/
to order your copy just click above link!

8 comments:

Irene M said...

Hello "Friend ", I, too, slept in with my SPF
pointed upward, POOL overflowing, for cripes
sake.......... where IS the sun ???
I cherish my friends, some from 1st grade in NJ, some from the old neighborhood and YES, we still catch up, brings us back to the day when we would sleigh ride down hospital hill in snow storms, walk to each other's house, be kids. Nice to stay in touch via e mail, F B, SKYPE, etc. Wonderful information age we exist in for searching, contacting and keeping the friend list alive. Having my hazelnut coffee this morning, taking it easy. Peace out, all FIRM till the sunshines again !

Anonymous said...

I too am blessed with a few "bestest" friends. These are the people who I trust the most, who I can say anything to,....who are always there for me. My daughter Molly is learning the true meaning of "friend". She said to me the other day about a friend of hers: "Mom, I know we're friends because I tell her what she NEEDS to hear, not what she WANTS to hear". HORRAY for Molly! She's learning faster than I ever did. She knows what it is to be a true friend.

Hoping the sun shines for you today!
Blessings to all
Lizzy

Anonymous said...

Dr. SES, this is sure a weird day for me and week. Friends, how strange that is your topic. Yesterday I got a phone call from a very dear friend of mine I had not heard from in many years. It brought back many memories and great memeories I might add. After many years we are connecting again. Today I had a strange phone number on my caller id. I had to call it back since no message was left. No one ans. and no message. I called it back again and my dear friend Mylee of years past had called me. She is a wonderful lady who is going thru some tough times with sickness of her only child Mikey who was in a bad car accident last year. He is trying to work but has to go back to the Hospital every year to have his throat opened up so he can breathe. She also shared with me her husband is very ill and has just gotten out of the hospital. He was a heavy smoker for many years and now he is having breathing problems also. She has always been a slave to her family and holds down a full time job. I told her to run away and come live with me. Keep her in your prayers. Now speaking of friends, my BFF is a great lady. She loves everyone and would not turn anyone away that needs help. She is one in a million. She has to sit me on the right road lots of times and does it with lots of love. We have been friends thru thick and thin for about 56 yrs.. I am also a friend to lots of beautiful people in many places I have kept friendships going for years and years. I am also a friend to my darling daughter who I love endlessly. Have a friendly day.

Joe said...

Amazing...that is the only word I can think of today.

You are speaking of friends. While for many years I have believed that I have had many many companions or people I have things in common with..BUT... I have only given the "friend" tag to very few.

With today's technology we have adapted to Facebook Friends. With FB we have been given the opportunity to open our hearts and minds to folks we may never meet face to face but yet we have the chance to have discussions that might not otherwise have ever happened. We can chat with them via Instant Message. Yes, this can be dangerous, BUT, I say, if you listen to your heart and listen to what you're reading you may very well find a friend that you can call upon whenever needed. I DID! I am very thankful for my FB friend Sherry as I know in my heart of hearts if I needed somebody to listen or somebody to scold me, I can count on her...out of love? out of compassion?..call it what you want or wish...Sherry, today, my birthday, my desk dance has been caused by you. Thank You so very much for the birthday wishes!

BTW...my Dad stopped by in spirit this morning. The huge smile on his face and saying "Happy Birthday Joey" as only he could. With the laughter in his voice and joy in his heart...I will never EVER forget that!

Anonymous said...

No greater gift than a true riend. My life too would be completely different without my best friend. Joey, what you said resonates with me. The title "friend" is a lable use wiht great caution. I know many people, and som who I am fond of, but my best and closest friends are few and far between. I ask much of them, count on them and give freely to them. They are my greatest treasure. Enjoy the evening guys. Tomorrow is Friday and I for one am holding out for another fabulous end to a fast paced week. Still looking for the sunshine to return. Hope it's soon.

Anonymous said...

Imagine, it was noticed that I hadn't blogged lately. but today I felt compelled to push the eyes and read the blog. Now I know why... Friends that's why! I have my friend(s), as the dolphins dance on the waves, with a sunset, or perhaps ot is a sunrise. But it doesn't matter, it's friendship, and that stays, whether it's a sunrise, (like my bff Lorie and I had on Clearwater beach, 6 a.m. Egg McMuffins in hand, coffee, and the dolphins danced on the waves, one at a time!)or a sunset, we dance, friends, with laughter, tears, hugs, but first and foremost, togehter...friends...love you friend!

Anonymous said...

Dr. SES, STOMP, STOMP, TOMORROW NIGHT IS THE BATTLE OF THE BRIDGES HERE IN VIRGINIA. THE BOBCATS ARE PLAYING THEIR RIVAL PULASKI CO. COUGARS. THE BOBCATS HAVE TO CROSS OVER NEW RIVER BRIDGE TO COME TO THE COUGARS. THE TROPHY WILL GO HOME WITH THE BOBCATS FOR SURE BECAUSE # 51 OUR DVANTE IS GONNA TAKE THEM OUT. CLICK ON TO THE SOUTHWEST TIMES IN PULASKI VA. ON SAT. FOR THE OUTCOME OF THIS GAME THAT IS ALWAYS A RIVAL TEAM. GO BOBCATS. THEY EXPECT 10,000 PEOPLE AND THAT IS MORE THAN LIVES IN OUR LITTLE TOWN. I SAY PRAY, STOMP, SCREAM AND YELL FOR THE BOBCATS.

Anonymous said...

OH, I FORGOT OUR PAPER COMES OUT ON SUNDAY, NO PAPER ON SATURDAY. LOOK LOOK ALL, THE BOBCATS GOTTA WIN, NO DONT LET THOSE COUGARS GET CLOSE. STOMP, STOMP.