Wednesday, August 18, 2010

MIddle of August ... Already? WHEW..

Wow!

Middle of the week... heehe
That just "cracks me up" how bout' you?
Can you believe it, here we are in the middle of August already... Parents are just itching for that first day of school...
 tax free days at the store to spend that hard earned dough for "back to school" not a minute to soon savings, kids out of the house, did I mention...
kids back to school...
Summer...
 oh what a summer it has been, seems we by-passed spring all together this year.
YEP,
we just went from the cold coldest days of winter to the heat index of 112 of summer!
Maybe that will mean we have a long and beautiful fall this year... just hopin.

Coffee is great this morning as I re-gain my balance and begin to feel human again after my weekend dose of "stupid". Won't be making that call again anytime soon.
As I made my coffee it occurred to me:
What a world!
Just like that: I "flipped a switch/pushed a button" and
"SNAP" the coffee started!
WOW
Isn't it amazing how we take these things for granted?
I mean just think about it:
We "flip a switch" just a little switch... and the lights come on overhead... we push a button and a machine comes on the microwave and heats our food, makes our coffee taste great!
"just like that" "snap", flip a switch... on the wall; on a lamp, in our brain... "SNAP", "CLICK", and things can go from darkness to brilliant light!
Literally and figuratively!
Just like that
Truley amazing isn't it?

Now don't ask what is happening with those miles of spaghetti noodles in my brain this morning but I am just over the moon with the thoughts of this.
And to think: our kids and grand kids can't even imagine the wonder of all of this!
We go to the bathroom and sit on a toilet and reach behind us and push a silver/gold apparatus and "swoosh"
It flushes!
UN-FREAKING-Believable I tell ya!
Now this morning I'm wishing I had invented switches/buttons/flushy things ~

And I'm askin... when is the last time you flipped the switch/pushed the button/pushed the handle on the toilet; the lamp, the wall, the coffe pot, the microwave, the weed eater, the mower, the uh... you get the idea
 and said:
"Wow, how lucky am I, or... Wow, this is really cool?"
And to think
we are capable of making that very thing happen in our brain:
just flip the switch on our thinking
change the focus/change your state
just like that
"click"
switch
turn off

turn ON
remember those "clappers"? clap on/clap off!!!
now I am really cracking myself up this morning
Life is wonderful indeed

It is quite amazing when you think about it: you can sit inside and push a button and your TV comes on... you don't even have to get up or touch the TV!
I can remember when I was the "designated channel changer" as a kid! Had to stack the 45's for the uncles and aunts too, but at least I got paid a quarter for that job!
BUT only the channels I was instructed to change I might just add!
Bummer to be sure!
At night I find it ever so cool to stand inside and look out at the pool, flip the switch and watch the pool lights come on ~
 (yes I know, I am cheap entertainment),
but I also wonder why a person doesn't get electrocuted changing that light when it burns out too!
Naive?
 Well OK, maybe a little when it comes to electricity!

It's the little things that just tickle me... for example, sitting here and typing this ... these thoughts knowing that they just may be read all over the world, all started by sitting here on the lanai in Tarpon Springs FL... the wireless connection!
How is that possible?
I do know I still marvel at mornings with my coffee when my "chat" on Facebook lights up with my 18 year old friend Master Jonny Wong saying,
 "good morning Godmother"! Jonny lives in New Zealand and we've now been chat friends for a year! Maybe three times a week he will pop up and make my morning shine even brighter with his quick wit and great humor... from did I mention New Zealand!!!
As I am having my first cup of coffee, Jonny Wong is preparing for his sleep and it's a day ahead there... so I usually ask Jonny if I had a good day during our conversations! Sort of like the movie "Groundhog Day" LOL
Again I marvel at the technology of our lives/our worlds.
From the switch that lights my home to the wireless connection that allows me to talk to Jonny in New Zealand... like a child with the vision of an Eaglet... I stand amazed and tickled with each breath, each moment.

AND
then it happens... someone posts things wanting me to get up to date on current events. And I am transported to a place I choose not to stay long in:
1. Woman fakes Cancer diagnosis and scams friends and family to the tune of half million dollars and husband says he knew nothing about it... husband chemist/scientist... Woman went for chemo/radiation... tan and buff/looked radiant, 5 kids... MSNbc REPORTS IT ALL... Who does this type of thing???
2. Plans underway for building of a mosque 600 feet from ground zero with President OK on 9/11... Muslims to pray on streets of NY creating blockades in sidewalks about this.... I have nothing against mosques, churches, synagogues, temples, teepees...
BUT at ground zero?
Are you kidding me?
 The mere possibility that it would be viewed as
A trophy by anyone?
NO NO NO
I say NO
Take a Stand Mr President and SAY NO TO THIS
Are we becoming complacent
Remember those people who jumped from the twin towers; remember seeing those bodies in flight? Remember seeing the plane sticking out of the Pentagon?
Did you smell the smells?
Did you witness the pain and devastation?
Remember the looks on all of America?
Do YOU remember?
Have we forgotten
9/11
We Remember
We Must Never Forget

9/11: there are some families of those who died that are in favor of a mosque, some say let's continue to be the home of the free because of brave... a country that honors diversity... some will find the mosque's location a 'slap in the face' and an act of supreme insensitivity to the families of those who died on that horrific day, that it is being built to serve as a trophy by the very ones who attacked that day, who sit and plan and wish for the next attack. Others say let's live by our Constitution; while others are screaming their protests while preparing for their own against this...
What are your thoughts?
Some suggest it is an insult to those men and women defending our country today; those who signed up as a result of 9/11, those who have died defending our country.
Some say: why would you want to build there when there are many other places to choose from?
Others don't say anything at all...
What do you think???
But where do we draw that line in deciding the who/what/where of this muslim community center or any other community center for that matter so close to this sacred and hallowed ground?
Is two blocks too close? Should it be three? Five? Ten? The other side of town?
Let's remember, we're at war with al Qaeda, not Islam. Hell we are at war and at war with too many
with too many dying.
Arlington National Cemetery conducts more than 300 burials a day with honors... and add to that the number of funerals being held across the country on any given day... I cannot imagine... My heart aches.
 I guess it helps if we remember this...
 but I still don't want a mosque at the sacred grounds of 9/11... just sayin



Why is it taking so long to "flip the switch" on what goes to honor the "hallowed ground"

Why don't folks like to talk about 9/11 anymore?
TIme for me to "switch" my thinking...
First: STRETCH
Next: change focus
Awww: change state
OK

Think I'll just go back to being amazed that if I flip the switch... and if I hit the back button on the computer it will take me to the screen I was on before I read all about the current events...
"After decades of controversy over inventorship, the inventor of the switch was recognized and honored at a recent awards banquet of the International Organization of Electrical Engineers. Professor Turnonanof (1871-1929) was posthumously awarded the Inventor of the Year Award and inducted into the IOEE Hall of Fame. The professor's son, Clarence "Click" Turnonanof, was present to accept the awards and give a moving presentation of his father's achievements
Now
don't ya just love that his son's nickname was "click"
that just took me over the edge! Think I will be thinking about ole' "Click" when I flip the switch!

Wherever you are today
Whatever you are doing
Have the best day you can have
"SWITCH" and enjoy yourself
if you live in MD, NJ, CT, PA, NY and save some dough on your electric bill... costs you zero and saves our planet too ~ If you know someone "UP North" tell em to check this out!
The fire is burning brightly and its embers are hot, sending thoughts on the wind to all who gather here and there and everywhere...We are with you, we are Warriors here, ready to send our best thoughts, our best wishes...  


We stand strong for and with those out there fighting the fight, battling their battles and living their lives with gratitude and amazing grace, during the great and not so great times... through good times and profound sadness of loss times. We along with some powerful angels are with you, you are never alone...
Sending hope in healing on the winds to all who gather here and for all in and around Tampa, the families of the fallen, those in blue who are grieving while they are serving and protecting us.


To those who are serving this great Nation, I thank you and your families, I want you home safely.
We are together in prayer, in thoughts of all that is needed to remind you out there, we are WARRIORS...
we are with you, along with some powerful angels... May you find comfort in knowing we are with you always: for that I give thanks, and so it is!


FOR:Tampa, our Mayor Iorio, Chief Jane Castor, Tampa PD, all who serve: Tink..and Mitch, Jerry,
Trish, Barb, Anastasia, The Kocab Family, baby Lilly Nicole Kocab,


The Curtis Family,


Tarpon PD, those serving here and there in Uniform...


Randy and Winnie in New Mexico, Irene M, Bernice, Eileen, Ali and family, Dorothy, Angela, Elijah, Ode, Linda M, "Southwest VA", Vicki and Matthew, Chris, Our new adopted family in BRAZIL,


Our Black American Bears Lily and HOPE, their spunky spirit, and Jill, the folks at the NABC, Joseph, Cathy Madden and her family., Cindy in NC (here comes REMISSION), Cindy Cumbie, Laura, Mitch and family, Liz, Lee, Molly, Joanie, Jude, COFA,Judi, Matthew, Matt, Mark's family and many friends , Andrea, Jimmy, Marie and family up in New England, Pat, Irene, Kevin, Dr D, Deb, Randy, Dr B , Charlie and family, Jean, Julie, Rhonda, Victoria, Mildred, Andi and family, Faith, Denise, Jim, Tom, Joey, Shelby friends and family, Judi, Phylis, Joyce, Gina, Tonya, Beverly and Family, Janeth, Melissa, Pam, Virginia, Stacey, Elizabeth, Nita, Gary Siegal, Adrienna,Brian Mawbey, the Boyan Family,


Please hold the friends and family of these people in your hearts and prayers ~ just because you have the power and choose to to join with us ~ STOMP


Walk In Beauty,
DRSES
http://www.healingheartaches.com/








5 comments:

Cathy M said...

As I am getting ready to make my way back for a couple of extra winks having been awake since 4:00. It's 5:24cst. I'd like to chime in about flipping the switch or turning the knob. I know God made a special place in heaven for the man who invented air conditioning. Oh my to think back to the days when there wasn't air conditioning. Perrish the thought.

I vote no to the Mosque being built anywhere near Ground Zero. I'm not going to say anymore about it because I choose to move on down the road. Let's pray our country finds someone who has the wherewithall to bring this country back to LIFE again. We are in desperate need to find some folks up in Washington with courage, character, and wisdom. Let's stop focusing on issues God will take care of and start coming up with solutions to our economy, to funding education, and keeping our country safe. To keeping anyone out of this country who thinks sneaking in here is o.k. so that this government will take care of them when they are not contributing.
Now with that said I'm going to take a nap. Have a great day one and all.

Irene M said...

Wow, today's blog is a real " turn-on " !
I do marvel at the technology we have at our finger tips. I actually feel fortunate to live in this fast-paced world of information and communication tools.
Ground Zero Mosque: blocks ? wait just a minute
Sorry, Charlie, nearing 9 year anniversary of 9-11 and still flip-flopping about what and what NOT to erect. I cannot comment further.
Lovin' life today, feelin' terrific and FIRM

Anonymous said...

Helloooo....
okay, some say it is not a Mosque, but a
cultural center with a prayer room...
cool...make it an American cultural center..
focusing on the great Ameican heroes who have
fallen... and a chapel... no problem with
that...all would be welcome to enjoy...
SWITCHING the thoughts in my mind... a
great day to be in FL....hot and hazy..
time to head to the pool, the chiller switch
is on and that's a
wickedcool thing.... May our Angels
stay with us and keep us safe from
all the insanity of the media...
have a great day !
sign me,
A.

Anonymous said...

Just the thought of a Mosque built at ground zero makes my blood boil. I am sick to death of being politically correct. Lets be moraly correct and sensitive to the fact that by no fault of our own, we were attacked by religious nuts who caused many to suffer and die. No Mosque. STOMP. I know this is not to be a political blog but I feel VERY strongly about this particular idiocy. Sign me, sick to death of catering to freeloaders, religious politics, and being PC. All wound up and looking for a place to dump how mad this makes me.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE LOVE , did I mention love this page!!! It is unlike any and I mean any thing/blog I have read and I read alot of them... Switch, gotta tell you I haven't even given a thought to a switch in my house in I don't remember how long! Love the idea of thinking about it and then thenking about the switch in my brain... from there... 9/11 you do know how to get our mind rolling... mosque at twin tower site or near there HELL NO.. and to the reader above me rant on... that is just crazy... and unwanted by a taxpaying veteran here to say hell no... Love this country or leave it and no damn trophies at the site of wehre our peoples ashes still are ... period. fired up now thanks for the page doc... hope you prosper with all you give away here and better than that, hope you are well. a faithful reader. sign me proud to be an AMERICAN VET