Wednesday, August 25, 2010

That thing called FOCUS

Kamryn with little feet
Water Wings
Ahhh, those little feet
NOW
In Size 7 JORDANS'
AND
swims like a fish!


Speaking of swimming... it's a great morning for ducks!
It's morning, wow, sure got great birthday wishes for Kamryn yesterday! Should of heard his message I received in the wee morning hours yesterday thanking me for his birthday song I left on the answering machine at 0500AM...
Pitiful I tell ya, the little guy was just barely awake enough to speak...
He saw part of the thoughts on his day, but his sleepy eyes were barely focusing, his voice a sleepy "thank you puddy pal for your beautiful song this morning on my birfday, i LOVE YOUUU" click.
heehe
WOW, we sure have been having the rain here in Florida!
Funny to me: weatherman said, "scattered showers today"... that was two days ago, and the rains have been coming for three, almost non-stop like a plane ride that is first class from departure til landing...
 heavy rain too, not the rain of sissies I might just add! Time for the ARC I'm thinkin...
 Pool overflowing, visibility near uhhh, let's just say, can't see far beyond the screened lanai last couple of days! "Scattered storms" LOL and to think they pay those guys the big bucks for their reports!

Look closely
can you see the rain
popping off the waters?
Rain I tell ya, not "scattered"
but RAIN

Focus come on guys, let's focus here....
I tell that to Kamryn when he's shooting the hoops...
Focus, keep your thoughts on shootin the hoop ~
Those guys have that fancy "doppler" thing... and still the rains come... "scattered"?
What is the weatherman's definition of "scattered" I can't help but wonder as I plan for my Arc here in Florida... After all it was professionals who built the Titanic remember???
And amateurs who built that Arc... Two by Two they boarded if the story serves me correctly, uh ohhhh here comes another deluge of that ole liquid sunshine....
Went to the dentist yesterday in the "scattering" aka RAIN... almost wore my bathing suit just for hoots and hollers...
Returned home to a note standing upright on the counter:
IT READ:
"I don't like begging, look in the fridg, signed Sandy"!!!
Yippee, that guilt trip yesterday about her not sharing the birthday cake worked out real well... She had brought me a nice piece of the "death by chocolate cake!
heehe... "SPLENDID"!!! Quite a loving note to by my way of thinking! I'm sure the four-leggeds loved having her to visit while I was getting my teeth cleaned for that lovely surprise for lunch ~ yay...

What do we focus on? Big issues, petty thoughts, the gifts we receive, the harms that befall us?
 The first step in making a change in our satisfaction in life is to focus on all that is good.
We have often talked about a grateful heart, but are we maintaining this focus or struggling with it?


Changing our focus is easy.
 Call up a memory, or plant a pleasant thought in your head. Stick with it. Hold tight.
Do not let other thoughts or negative feeling interfere. Gently push aside these other thoughts and stay with the feeling and perspective you want until it is firmly anchored.
 (hard to throw the anchor when the tide is uncertain/the wind is howling, I know, I know) OK, we've established that it is sometimes not real easy...


 Now move forward.


Remember we talked about using physical motion to create this moment of change in our perspective.
 I know some think that it is silly, but it works.
Clap your hands, snap your fingers, dance and stomp until you feel the physical change, then, call up the mental attitude you are looking for.
 It is just that easy.




I read the comments of those of you who struggle with this positive frame of mind.
 Those that feel scattered (there's that word again),
or burdened with the weight of the world.
 Let’s get back on track. Focus on the hoop... keep your eye on the ball ~ your eye on the prize ~ mindfully, with passion, with purpose ~ with gratitude ~
Shoot the hoop...not the back board.
"Go for it, Life is not a dress rehearsal"
 Let’s exercise the personal power we each have to make the change necessary in our thoughts, our character, our life, our very breath.
It will change our lives.


 We can have the life we dreamed would be ours.
The sense of fulfillment we seek, the sense of wonderment we have seen in the eyes of children and wanted to reclaim as our own.


We can enjoy the glad heart that we often smother with negative energy.


We need not sit back and absorb all the potential tribulations around us.
We can easily refuse to be apart of that ugly mindset.
 I hold fast to the belief that when we are engaged in doing good for the benefit of another, we have less time to mope and feel sorry for ourselves.


Yes, bad things do happen to good people.
Bad things happen to everyone, sometimes.
 But we need not suffer permanent damage, unending depression.
That is: unless we "choose" that for ourselves.


 We have only to develop the right mindset to move past these bad moments, or override them with the constant knowledge that we are good, our intentions are good, we have formed the right mental habits in our thinking.


We will find a way to frame the problem in the best possible light.
 Address it as necessary and return to our attitude of celebrating all the possibilities that each day affords us.


Be well, be happy. Celebrate you today.
Dance in The Rain ~ ~ ~ or work on building me an Arc ~
I think I'm gettin water logged...


Wherever you are and whatever you are doin... do it with passion, with purpose and with FOCUS.... whatever game ... whatever path... Focus is needed to succeed and to win ~


Look at that focus/those hands
that passion

Dig deep
Find yours today!

The fire is burning brightly today with thoughts on the wind to all who gather here...For those fighting the fights of their lives and mourning the losses...




We are with you, We stand beside you always,


We Are Warriors here, along with some powerful angels We stand strong for and with those out there fighting the fight, battling their battles and living their lives with gratitude and amazing grace, during the great and not so great times... through good times and profound sadness of loss times. We along with some powerful angels are with you, you are never alone...


Sending hope in healing on the winds to all who gather here
To those who are serving this great Nation, I thank you and your families, I want you home safely.


We are together in prayer, in thoughts of all that is needed to remind you out there, we are WARRIORS...


We are always alongside the journey with you, along with some powerful angels... May you find comfort in knowing we are with you always: for that I give thanks, and so it is!
FOR:Tampa, our Mayor Iorio, Chief Jane Castor, Tampa PD, all who serve: Tink..and Mitch, Jerry, Trish, Barb, Anastasia, Mary, Rylee, The Kocab Family, baby Lilly Nicole Kocab, The Curtis Family, Tarpon PD, those serving here and there in Uniform...


Ali and family, Randy and Winnie in New Mexico, Irene M, Bernice, Eileen, Dorothy, Angela, Elijah, Ode, Linda M, "Southwest VA", Vicki and Matthew, Chris, Our new adopted family in BRAZIL, Our Black American Bears Lily and HOPE, their spunky spirit, and Jill, the folks at the NABC, Joseph, Cathy Madden and her family., Eagle eyes, Cindy in NC (here comes REMISSION), Cindy Cumbie, Laura, Mitch and family, Liz, Lee, Molly, Joanie, Jude, COFA,Judi, Matthew, Matt, Mark's family and many friends , Andrea, Jimmy, Marie and family up in New England, Pat, Irene, Kevin, Dr D, Deb, Randy, Dr B , Charlie and family, Jean, Julie, Rhonda, Victoria, Mildred, Andi and family, Faith, Denise, Jim, Tom, Joey, Shelby friends and family, Judi, Phylis, Joyce, Gina, Tonya, Beverly and Family, Janeth, Melissa, Pam, Virginia, Stacey, Elizabeth, Nita, Gary Siegal, Adrienna,Brian Mawbey, the Boyan Family, Jean R and friend Christy Rider, Victoria and hubbie, Stephen, Gayle, Steph, Chris, Erica, Eileen, John, Mindy, Jack, Susan Werth Becken, her brother Mike and family,


Craig James Lightfoot and his family,


and ... (please feel free to let me know if you would like to add your/or a friends name to our list)


Please hold the friends and family of these people in your hearts and prayers ~


just because you have the power and choose to to join with us there are some powerful warriors on this page


and in the next place along with some awesome angels


STOMP
Walk In Beauty,


DRSES

Healing Heartaches, Stories of Loss and Life
http://www.drsherryeshowalter.com/




6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great read doc. Loved the pic with the dolphins in the rain. Do no tlove all this rain. We are throughly watered I think. Hope Kamry'n Birthday was fabulous, and to think you got birthdat cake on his birthday. Party On.

Anonymous said...

Rain, rain everywhere. Love it when it is so beautiful. Better than snow balls anytime. Cake, cake, that is all about being friends, birthdays and special occasions like any day any time. Hope you want have to build ark just yet. The Dolphins looked like they had just jumped up to say it is ok. We all try to focus and try to make someone else life as happy as the birthday boy Kamryn. He was turning flips over each package and so glad to read about Michael Jordan and Tinker Bell. He sure has some love for both of them. I think he now wants to marry Tinker Bell. I am sure someday he will get to meet Michael Jordan in person. Dreams do come true. Stomp, where is Irene. I bet she is out walking in the rain. Good blog Dr. SES, Happy rainy day.

Irene M said...

My f o c u s today is s c a t t e r e d on the constant dreariness of our state.
Very affected by this lack of sun.
Your POOL dolphins brightened up my spirits, as did the pics of Kamyrn ! I was unable to comment earlier, Google glitch, I guess.
My new favorite " Dr. G " has me feeling GREAT
so I am off to enjoy the day. TTFN FIRM

Anonymous said...

Great read today, loved the pictures of too...Kamryn was focused as a little footed one in that picture but with his smilie on then too... the dolphins were jumpin, awesome, but I could "clearly" see the rain! then those hands/the focus/the clear vision through the "scattering and intense words of todays thoughts brought it all togtehter.. TOUCHDOWN/3 points doc you hit the hoop for me once again, thanks from the bottom of my heart, love this page, i tell everyone to check in, think they do, but they dont leave a comment! wish they would so we could see all those who do stop in! sing me grateful. hey Kamryn TinkerBell too? wow, you a lucky man, good luck in football this year buddy and dont forget to study/practice/pray/play

Anonymous said...

Well, if it's gotta rain, glad that we can at least gaze at the dolphins. Bit of blue sky peeking through this evening. Difficult to say as I almost don't remember what the sun looks like. May I have some cheese to go with my WHINE? So glad to be home tonight. Long day, but week is getting shorter with every one that passes. Living for the weekends lately.
Good evening to all. Will check in tomorrow.

Chris said...

Great blog today--FOCUS! I have been focused all day on the scattered showers AKA deluge!
I think there is some mildew on the weather casters brain! What a week. The daughter is here (with grandkids) from NY for a week but are in Orlando so I will get to see them Saturday. They haven't had as much rain there as we are having here so their vacation has been good. Of course, I could go up there to be with them but I will be seeing them in 6 weeks anyway.(Have to go back to the doctor's for my quarterly inspection) besides, my idea of fun is not walking thru any of the parks in the middle of August. Speaking of focus--see? I can't focus for nutin! Seem to be all over the place. But I keep trying--one day it will work! Have a great day everyone....'talk' to ya later.