Saturday, August 7, 2010

OUT on a Limb


Ever had one of those days
Just out there on the Limb

Saturday morning; it's here! Time to get your
 "shine on" for the day...
That picture is Ray up the tree... last weekend,
out on a limb so to speak!
The party will resume this week-end; yep I'll hold the camera and he'll shimmy up the trees!
And
Chris will mastermind the day:
cut here/trim there/hack this/gnaw on that

yep
A grand time will be had by all here this weekend !

Meanwhile in VA, Buddy Pal #1 is loving his life; busy as a person can stand to be on his new IMAC from the Godmother and Dorothy ~
Heaven for him, he's still in shock that it's real but happy is he, to be certain!
COB/MOM/DOT still with leg up at home.  Seeing all the things that she feels needs tending to at the homeplace
all because she isn't out running the roads!
The fam is taking her meals and providing entertainment!

Short thoughts today
Not going out on a limb when I once again say:
CANCER SUCKS
Yes, I said it again; all CANCERS... and there are many, many names, types, stages
AND
CANCER SUCKS!
Research must continue... advocates must be born from experience... to call to arms all Warriors ...
CANCER MUST BE CURED
all types/kinds/names/stages
We have to find ways folks can get health care, can become Warriors in the battle of prevention
and
FIGHT
the fight of their lives
until they no longer have to

Where is the campaigns for Ovarian Cancer? why aren't we seeing media coverage, ribbons on milk cartons and clothing lines?

OK
enough now
I shall stop for the moment,
let's get back to this moment, this day!

Ok, that's my thoughts for this day!~



So what's new with the greatest readers of this page today? What is on the schedules of so many who enter here for a day of just outright wonderment?

Plans for this spectacular week-end; play time, fun times and relaxation times...
 Giving and doing your best, meeting and being with those who bring out even the brightest of stars from within to shine along with you?
Having moments that just down right take your breath away; even if you are alone, that's the kind of day we're talking about today!
STOMP
Give it or others your best; your all, and then enjoy the many fruits of the day ~
Maya Angelou said,
"If you have done the best you can do and if you have gotten all you could extract from something -- you have given all you had to give, then the time has come when you can do no more than say thank you and move on."

Now that statement is enough for my thoughts of this day... perhaps enough is just enough!
I wish you enough,
Wado!

Here?
I'll be looking at the sun after the trimming of the trees; bagging up the leaves, and playing with friends in the pool, serving ice cold water to soothe hot and soar bodies... along with a grilled T-"Bone" later in the evening... if they can lift their hands to eat!

May your weekend be bright, may you have all you need to celebrate the wonder that is all around you all the time...
Wherever you are
Whatever you are doing
Give it all you have
Live LARGE
LOVE WITHOUT RESTRICTION
LAUGH WITH ABANDONMENT
STOMP
if you can ~
The fire is burning brightly, embers are hot with thoughts of so many on the winds today... We Are Warriors here, there and the next place ~We stand strong for and with those out there fighting the fight, battling their battles and living their lives with gratitude and amazing grace, during the great and not so great times... through good times and profound sadness of loss times.

Walk In Beauty
DRSES
Healing Heartaches, Stories of Loss and Life




5 comments:

Angie said...

OMG...am I first to comment on a Saturday?? Guess everyone is sleeping in but ME!! Ode & Dashon has football practice so of course I had to be their alarm clock....
Kam & I are going school shopping today w/mom and the rest of the NRV b/c today is "No Tax" weekend. I'll probably wish I would have paid the tax last weekend and just be done w/it BUT it's time for Kam to find those "Sick" Jordans cause next week he will be at the Virginia Tech basketball camp learning from the best and he has to have his "J's"
Auntie Dot is really soaking up being on "Lock down" she has food delivered daily and is being waited on hand and foot by her wonderful sister Linda. Friends are stopping by b/c she is actually home. Maybe I should go get her car and use her gas this weekend b/c it's on FULL!!
Cuz didn't know you were having another tree cutting party...Sure hate I am going to miss it. Sounds like oh so much fun....NOT!!! Maybe I will stop by when the "T-Bones" are done. Just give me a shout and if I am not stuck in Wallie World w/the crazies I will be there!!
Oh forgot to mention that Kam & I are going to a baseball game tonight featuring the Police & Fire Departments. AKA "Guns & Hoses" game...sounds like fun even though I hate baseball but its for a good cause~~
Hope everyone has a beautiful blessed day~~
Luv ya~~

Irene said...

Oh, it's Saturday, sun up, temp up, but what else is new around here ? Coffee & breakfast is good this a.m. TREE CUTTING ? take pics,
pleeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaasssssssssssssseeeeee.
and be careful all those above ground level.
Enjoy T-bones with all other bones intact.
Melted EyeScream trying to stay FIRM

Anonymous said...

Helsomelo, happy tree trimming to you !
sounds like a party starting...
Day off today !!!!! so exciting.. plan to do NOTHING.. relax, music for my soul, playtime
with my kitties, chat with my Dad and some
much missed friends, feet up, no housework..
taking care of me... dinner with some friends
and maybe a dip in the pool...
wickedcool day... wish the same for
all... My angel is on my shoulder..
does not get any better than this !!
sign me,
Andrea

Chris said...

I do hope that you stayed away from the branches as they were falling. I sure wish I was there for the party. Can't wait to see the pictures!!!
Enjoy the sun as I am sure you will. See ya on the flip side!!

Anonymous said...

Saturday evening already, just home from work. Relaxing sounds good. Wonderful, busy day, glad it came, spent it well, glad to be home.
Tree cutting in Fl in Aug???? HOT time will be had by all. Enjoy. Be careful. Love to all.