Sunday, August 15, 2010

Forrest Gump was really Brilliant I think

Sunday thinkin'

Forest was right:

"Stupid is As Stupid Does"

Going to make this really really short, cos' I was really really stupid yesterday and I'm payin for it today ~
yep, I was really really stupid...
OK
not as young as I used to be, nope... but still as dumb I reckon.
So
yard really needed mowing, really really needed it
and I figured "no time like the present"
SO
Outside I went, fired up the mower and
ZOOM ZOOM ZOOM

BUT then thought I would fall out, yep, got that "all over" weak feeling, (Mom's black dots and all) washed right over me... so I thought to myself, "Self hurry up, faster, MOW MOW MOW"
Like Gump said, "Stupid is as Stupid does"...
Dizzy now, head spinning, sweating buckets... lawn mower drug into garage, stagger into house, fall on couch, lay down... head pounding... four-leggeds jumping on my body happy are they...

Great case of "de-hydration", muscles spasm-ing through the night, head blast-off, weak as kitten.
HEat index feels like 112 degrees weatherman says for Saturday...
Gump says:
"Stupid is as stupid does"
Yep I win the award on this one for Saturday.
Gatorade... oh boy i feel crappy.
Sunday morning eyes open, headache... oh boy do I feel like crap, almost like hangover...
oh boy do I feel like crap...
Plans for the beautiful day on Lake Tarpon Dancing and doing flips of the bow of the boat> are you kidding me?
Nope, gotta postpone for this day...
Maybe the pool with blinders on so the sun won't get in my eyes... maybe the pool will hydrate me...
maybe just maybe I'll get a hefty dose of smart today...
That Gump... sure was a smart fella.
"I'm Forrest, Forrest Gump"
"Mama said not to be taking rides from strangers"
"Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're going to get"
"Aren't Aren't I going to be me?"
"Stupid is as Stupid does"


"And that's all I have to say about that"!!!

Have a super-duper Sunday...
And
if you are planning to work in the yard...wait til' the sun goes down today!

Walk In Beauty,
DRSES

p.s.
I'm thinkin of taking a break on Sundays beginning next Sunday if readers don't mind! Weigh in about it this week, or expect this page to only have a photo beginning next Sunday! On Sundays you will be able to leave comments regarding what you want to read about in the coming weeks!!!

The fire is burning brightly with thoughts on the wind of healing ways to all who gather here.

STOMP

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

So sad doc... It is too hot for grass to even grow, but with all this rain, grow it does. Knee deep? So be it. Drink lots of water AND Gatoraide today. Get your balance back! I think making a down day on Sundays is a good idea. I can't imagine doing a BLOG everyday. Talk about a task, but then you are a writer and a teacher, a counselor, and so much more.
Thanks for the Blogs, I for one will support you having one day off a week. Will look forward to the other days for all I need to grow and change. Be well. Get wet. Enjoy!

Irene M said...

Oh ! Forest ! (read with emphasis)
Sherry ! W T F ???????????? It was BRUTAL
yesterday, too dry to breathe. I am sorry to hear about your episode, but you will not try that again. Yes, we do feel as young as we used to be, HOWEVER the fact is, we are not.
Rest, hydrate and stay in air conditioning,
NO BOAT today. I vote you take Sunday's off
and just post a picture for us to use our imaginations and visual tools / skills on.
I really enjoyed reading today's blog, but not happy about the content. YOU TAKE CARE, you hear ?!?!?!?!?!?!
Melted SES, signed EyeScream

Cathy Madden said...

What a fine mess you got yourself into. Kinda ironic though since I just got in from mowing my grass. Hubby and I had decided to do it on Monday the other day but hubby said about 10 this morning he'd rather get it done today. Now, I'm one for getting out there around 8 or so when it gets this hot but hubby is more of a late morning kinda guy. Opposites attract and all that kinda garbage. Right?! Well, 10:30 we go out there and I do the mowing and he does edging and blowing. This old nearly 61 yr old who's about 80lbs overweight was really struggling but I did most of it and there was a little strip left and I hollered to hubby to stop edging and come finish that I was done. Kinda felt a little nauseous but I'm recovering nicely. It's 12:00 and hubby hasn't come in yet but I figure he'll be following soon. I'm done for the day though. Hubby will be grilling chicken breast later and I'll make a salad to go along with them.

You go ahead and take Sundays off. Rest your brain and body. We will be looking forward to reading fabulous words of wisdom and encouragment come Monday.

This week I will be getting ready for soldier boy and wife to come. Gonna make plans and will have a houseful next Sat. night. Soon to leave and get his own place son of 34yrs will be here, along with soldier boy, wife and two grandsons will be spending Sat. night. We will have a housefull for sure. Lots of food, fun, laughter and love. Family, you just can't beat it.

Anonymous said...

Sitting by the pool this afternoon with a great book. Nice breeze from the fans, sucking down iced coffee and kicked back. Does it get any better than this? Steaks on the grill with friends tonight. Have fresh sliced peaches from Georgia and Watermellon chillin. This is Paradise. Soory doc about the heat, the dizzys and the dehydration. Good for you to be taking Sundays for you. Thank you for all you do for us. Will look forward to the photos you post. they are always good conversation starters.

Anonymous said...

Forrest Gump needs to give you a swift kick in the A--. We still want to be young and do all of the stuff we used to do but it dont work that way. Water, water, water. Spots before eyes, sweats and nauseous is not a good feeling. Dont do it, too hard on our bodies. That is what early mornings, late evenings are for, but sometimes they are just as hot. Stay well, take care and take a day for just YOU.

Anonymous said...

Did you know our bodies are 70% water? So dehydration is bad, real bad. Spots, heart thumping, muscles screamimg... Thirst is the first instinct to go when you need it the most. So drink all you can, stay cool and stay out of the sun for a few days. It takes longer to get rehydrated than you think. A gal I work with spent five days on IVs after one episode of getting too dehydrated. Be careful out there in this heat everybody.

Chris said...

good going Doc-- just what you needed!!! you really should get a swift kick in the A__ but I'm sure everybody will be doing that anyway!! stupid is as stupid does!! hope you took it easy today and if you're not feeling any better, GO TO THE DOCTOR!!!! Take care of yourself today.
As for Sunday's off--good idea except you don't really have to worry about comments..we can fill that in anytime of the week. go slow today.

Anonymous said...

Helloooo.. it's about time you thought of giving youself a day off ; so funny you ae, to
seek our thoughts on this...you give us so much
all week long, all year long, thru good times
and bad, always telling us to take time for

ourselves... not to be a smart ass here,
PRACTICE WHAT YOU PREACH !!!!
we care about you and that means take it easy !!
I will lend you my purple noodle, if
absolutely necessary... I hope you are
feeling much better by now... I love
Forrest Gump, think it is the best movie
eva... although I always cry when he says
goodbye to Jenny !!!
Please do not hesitate to take care of you !!!
STOMP..STOMP...
may the Angels give you a complete
recovery and a full night of sleep !!
sign me,
A.... will come to your aid next time
you want to mow in 107 degree
heat !!!

Jean said...

SHERRY!!! I hope you took care of yourself today. I hope you rested and drank more water than coffee. I hope you listen to Forest, your friends and your body and keep yourself in balance. I haven't posted here in a long, long time, but have kept up with how you are by reading your blog often.
Do take care of yourself, girlfriend...
Jean (TCF)

Anonymous said...

"Run Forest RUN"! But then remember the "Stop Forest STOP"! Sundays off?, what a brilliant idea! Brilliant! It may take you til next Sunday to get your self together girl!! Just do it, you teach enough with every lesson, the lake will wait, the boat will wait...and so shall we Dear Doctor! Sundays can be food for thought day! Be grateful! YOU- be hydrated!

Pam C said...

Sher-Bear, By all means take breaks on Sundays! You, too, need to re-energize, relax, recharge. Set the example! All will be well with the world. Love ya!