Wednesday, August 4, 2010

LIving Large and in Color Each and Every Day





ONE MORE DAY til' #1 Buddy Pal
D'Vante Todd Edwards
 ~Birthday ~
 Sweeeet 16
Stand UP
STOMP

I woke up at 3:37 this morning thinking about my Godson!
Here I sit... thinking about his `16`th birthday;
his life, memories of his lifetime in my dreams that awoke me with the realization:
I FORGOT TO MAIL HIS BIRTHDAY CARD!
Oh no... how could that be? It's laying on my desk, and in the excitement of his coming birthday I thought I had already mailed it!
Got up... looked on the desk, and wouldn't you just know: there it lay, waiting for me!
Alrighty then
already up, might as well sit for a bit and reflect on his life... cherish and relive some of the memories
(if not all), what else do you do at this hour?
I got amused as I realized ... he would only be shaking it to see if anything "green $" fell from the envelope anyway!
Granny used to do that with cards too; so does Mom, so do I... and so does 8 year old Kamryn!
Must be in our DNA to do that I'm thinking at this hour of the day.
Great mid week morning after the thunder and lightning beings played back to back and rolled and rumbled together once again last night!
Made me some Coffeek after all it's De-Caf!
Again it tastes  great this early morning!
Mom did GREAT with surgery... they got it "all"
With great surgeons and nursing staff they did it!
Mom has MD orders:
no running the streets/no going out/leg UP/rest/PERIOD.
She is doing great even with those 30 stitches that are now in her leg ...
but ever so sad
 that she will not get to go and party with
D'Vante on his 16th Celebration on Thursday...
I'm sure they will come and see her after they have dinner... and maybe even bring her a meal to celebrate our boy.

Wish I could be there for the 16th Birthday celebration. D'Vante will kick off his special day with not one but two football practices that day; one in the morning and one in the afternoon.

Living Large and in color...
yep
that's what I'm thinkin!
That's how we roll in our home and in our lives;
enjoying the best of times even in the worst of times.
Living large with love and grace and kindnesss, that's what I wish for D'Vante for his birthday among many other things ...

Where has all the years/time gone... remember all those seconds we have today?
 "Poof" they just go so quickly.



I always think that if I am not really living on the edge, just a little bit, I am taking up way too much space. When I leap, I’ll take flight, or engineer a workable set of wings on my way down. I’ll breathe deep and exhale with such gusto I’ll create my own updraft.
Now that is living large with a visual to boot this early in the mornin!


I don’t’ want an ordinary life, with a predictable outcome.
 I want great laughter, overblown joy, big accomplishments that will long be remembered.
 I want to live as though I alone invented love.
I already live and tell others that it was "me" who invented "lines" (the things you stand in while waiting for something great to happen, you know what I mean)
I want to write my personal history with great big capital letters.
 I intend to live LARGE.


It is about intention and I intend to do it all.
No regrets.
Time wasted is time spent and I will spend every single moment creating memories, feeling deeply, laughing out loud and dancing to the rhythm of the music of my life.


I will circle my heart in ribbons made of rainbows, binding myself to the goodness in the hearts of those I love and believe in.
I will take chances, every chance I get. No holds barred.

The kid in me will foster magic and wonder and curiosity.
The adult in me will master, and win and life’s take lumps on the chin. Hit me with your best shot...
I am a firewalker...

 I will take responsibility for my own happiness.
 It will be my goal to cast sorrow aside whenever possible.
 Not because I must, but because I intend to grow very old, and be very happy every day of my life.


I will define everyday who I am and who I am becoming. For that and so much more of this mornings thoughts I give thanks... and so it is! )hotcha(
This wild and wonderful roller-coaster we call life beckons and I will stand at the front of the line to ride wide open. Well ok, maybe not literally stand at the front of the line I invented... but you get my drift here...
I will continue to tickle and amaze the cardiologist with the stories of doing flips from the bow of boats, getting up on water skis after .... ahem,.... many years....
I will stand at the front of the line to swim with the dolphins, and to witness a sunset and sunrise.... Literally I will ....


Some truths are worth repeating…


Sometimes you have to outshine the sun.

Sometimes you just have to hang the moon yourself.

SOMETIMES... you have to STOMP... with gladness.

Life is what we make it, and what we make OF it.

Just knowing that truth, isn’t it worth it?
I love knowing that we each write our own life’s story, but do not become the story... We are capable of so much more when we soar.
It is wonderfully empowering to live with intention.
To take whatever risks I choose, and to reap mighty rewards in the trying.


What is your truth?
Is your life already what you want it to be? If not, get busy.
Live with intention, love with great passion... dance across the rainbows after and during the storms... But
always LOOK UP.... LIVE LARGE AND IN COLOR....

The fires are burning brightly, the embers are hot, smells of sage and gratitude fill the Universe....
STOMP

Thoughts of all on the wind this morning... You know who you are.... if you have forgotten, look at previous thoughts you will find your names there...

For today:  Living Large and filled with Gratitude for so much... Blessings to you and yours ~

Walk In Beauty,
DRSES
http://www.healingheartaches.com/

8 comments:

Angie said...

Good Morning Cuz....bet I will be the first to comment today! Gotta luv INSOMNIA!! :)
I too have been thinking about Ode turning 16 tomorrow. I just don't know where the time has gone. I can remember myself turning 16 many many years ago. Ode is excited about turning 16, football & school. So glad the ugly "G word" is not in that catagory!! (girlfriend)
I am hating that Dot will not be able to make it to the dinner party. A party just ain't a party w/o "The General" but we will take her some food and celebrate w/her afterwards.
Wish you could be here as well b/c we all know how you luv to get the party started!!
I will take lots of pics especially w/him riding on the saddle at his fav restaurant "Texas Roadhouse"
I hope everyone has a beautiful blessed day~
Luv ya
Angie

Cathy Madden said...

O.K. maybe there is something happening because I awoke at 4:43 this am and lay in bed with hubby and 4 legged furry not wanting to get up and disturb them. Finally I just couldn't anymore and decided to check in on you this am. I've been busy with the Grands this week and have been waking up and first thing treadmill for 30min for this past week but yesterday I decided to dance with Richard Simmons. Today is housework! Ugh! Living large, living life to the fullest, well...I don't know. Sometimes I feel like I'm not making my mark, not STOMPING enough. I know my joy and happiness comes from inside ME. I choose to not let anyone take it from me. I choose to stand and be responsible for JOY and HAPPINESS! Learned long ago that hubby is not responsible for that. LIFE can get in the way of the fun. Sometimes you just gotta stand up to LIFE and say no matter what you throw my way I'm gonna stand in the LIGHT. I'm gonna glow in HAPPINESS AND JOY no matter if unemployment is going on, no matter if grown children are perplexing you, no matter if hubbies not meeting your expectations. Find the peace and contentment in knowing you are ALIVE! Have a great day and know you are a blessing to many.

Tonya Mae said...

Love this... It truly makes you look at life and think "how am I living today?". Beautiful. I may be stealing some of your quotes again. Miss you!!!!!

Irene M said...

..................... so what are you gonna do with the birthday card ???????, no seriously,
good blog today, striking right to the point that we need to be our own, live our own and
for that, today, I WILL MAKE IT TOP OF THE LIST AND COUNT MY BLESSINGS.
No insomnia for me, I am way down on the comment # list of names. Glad to sleep.
Sunny day to everyone, be your best, IRM

Anonymous said...

hello... I am truly a devoted sleeper...
find my seconds do extend themselves in my dleep.. I travel with gusto and wonderment, in LARGE and LIVING COLOR..so ne seconds are wasted here.. Thanks for the thoughts today..we are the owner of each choice we make, we are forced to accept the coices thrown upon us..
not always happy with the obstacles..
but the choice to live, love , laugh
and be as happy as possible... I own the day..
Have a couple of hours to fill before
work... heading to Honeymoon... dancing with
the dolphins and feeling the wonderment of
each beam of sun...May the angels grace our
hearts today... Most happy birthday wishes
to D'Vante... time does pass so quickly..
Living in the moment today, making each
second stretch to a minute !
Have a great day...
sign me...
andrea and her purple noodle

Chris said...

Happy Birthday to D'Vante--does he appreciate his godmother and how she grabs life and shakes it till she has used her 86,400 seconds? I sure hope so--but if he doesn't right now, he sure will later!! ah memories-pressed between the pages of our hearts and mind-sure are sweet aren't they?
Sure glad COB is OK--nag her to rest that leg! things are right with the world when the people we love are OK.
P.S. getting up at 3:30?? I thought I was the only one to watch the world at that hour....

Anonymous said...

Hey Gang, Real late to read but loved the blog and loved the comments. I learned long ago to look only to myself for the quality of my life. Plenty of important people in my life have added and continue to add so much to a life already full of joy, but... They are not responsible for my joy, my accomplishments, my failures. I want to OWN this! This is my life! I will only walk this path today. Who knows about tomorrow? I'm counting on it but there is no promise of it. I'm all good with my life and cannot imagine how it could possibly be more or better. Awesome life, awesome opportunities for EVERYTHING.

Anonymous said...

Just here to say
I'm already awake and waiting for
Thursday thoughts....3:55 am..
wicked cool time of the day !!!
not insomnia...
freedom of choice...