Wednesday, August 11, 2010

My Happy Place... Surrounded by a MOAT!

Yep you're seeing right!
This is my little Kelly Alexis and none other than:
George Clooney!
Kelly is now the proud owner of
YAMAS Mediterranean Grill in Bethesda MD
with her hubby Tony
and we all know George is still Gorgeous George!
BUT the night of that photo?
Well...
 some things are just a "sweet HAPPY memory"
Is my way of thinkin!
Now when you are in Northern VA, MD or DC
be sure and check out Yamas Mediterranean Grill
and
tell em I sent you there for some authentic Greek food and some authentic happiness and laughter!

Feeling happy here in the middle of the week?
 Sure hope so!
Got some "wicked cool" happy news from Mom last evening... she saw the doc in NC who is pleased with her leg healing!
Told her he "got it all" and to keep laying low;
 he'll see her in a week to remove the 30+ stitches,
 and to "take it easy"!
Now of course her interpretation of "take it easy" will probably mean (*no aerobics*) but OK
to do whatever else she desires...
she is a woman of great independence, as most of you know or have determined by now!
BUT
Happy is everyone that she is recovering beautifully!
Thinking of happy,
sending happy thoughts to all this day!
I am in my "happy place", my "no pressure zone"
 where I stay most days and enjoy tremendously!


When we are happy, the entire universe is reflected in a kaleidoscope of color. I so love kaleidoscopes...
 Every view, a prism of wondrous feelings.
 We should not look for happiness in our future, nor pine for happy moments past, but rather, kindle the joy we want in our lives, moment by moment.
I choose to make others happy, and while doing so, reap tremendous benefits myself.


"Happiness is a conscious choice, not an automatic response." -- Mildred Barthel.


Other than “world peace”, and ”great wealth”, most people identify “happiness” as an elusive goal.
 I refuse to accept that we must seek it.
That it is somewhere else. Someplace else... a place yet to be discovered it seems... over there or out of reach!
 My happy place is in my heart, my soul, my "nuwati" and in my head, and neither is at all elusive.
 ALL, are always available to me.
 I can bring it about with a simple smile, A mischievious grin, a treasured thought of someone I love, and the knowledge in my heart that I am loved.

Some people wear a cloak of melancholy.
Angst and worry their closest companions.
I’ve known people that actually won’t allow themselves to feel good.
 It just goes against their principles.
 Talk about a life wasted. Everyday is a gift.
I want to open my gift each day, untie the ribbons of wonder, unwrap the shiny paper of hope, dig down into each day and know before I see it that it will be amazing. It is my “world view”, and I protect it with all that I am.

Yes, I know people are starving, some homeless, some struggling.
 I hate that life is so uncertain for so many.
But I refuse to see only the bleakest truths.
I will do what I can to help, and find joy in that too.
 I can acknowledge that I might be healthier, wealthier, smarter, better and worse than others.
What I will not do is color my world with that brush. I am mindful of my responsibility to make the world better for all those with less, when and as I can.

 It’s important to me.
What I will not do is refuse to be grateful for the shape of my own life.
Partly because I get that I have a good life. I have brought it about by hard work, faithful attention to mistakes I have made, lessons I have learned, opportunities I have created, and those that I been gifted with.

I envy none with more than I have.
 I wish more for those who have a different and more arduous journey.
But in this moment, I really believe that I need not dismiss what happiness I have because some cannot identify their own.
 I too struggle with challenges.
 I am not a person of great material wealth, but my life is rich with love.
I have been blessed with wonderful people that surround me.
 I have friends and family to share my life with.
 I have the ability to find even on my worst day, a ray of sunshine, a reason to smile, to be thankful.

I believe that happiness lives in our hearts.
Good days and bad.
In the best and worst of circumstances.
It is a choice we make.

I know that I talk about the concept of choice often. There is purpose in that. I always believe in choices, I empower others to recognize their choices... encourage them to choose to heal... to reach for the stars and the moon ~ to dance in the galaxies when they step into the next place as well... it's just how I roll I guess.
We are not victims here.
We are not slaves to the desires of others.

We are meant to know happiness.
Of this I am sure.
So
         I choose to guard my “happy place”.
 No one can take it away.

Beware the interloper who tries to cross the moat that surrounds it.

 I have purposely built a bridge that welcomes grateful hearts to enter often.
 They are welcome always.
But those that drag unwelcomed baggage to cloud my sky will flung from the bridge,
                     fed to the alligators out of hand.
Hell, that’s why I built the moat in the first place.

 So, own your own happiness.
 It looks good on you.... STOMP! S T O M P
S    T    O    M     P  into happy~ your happy place and then build you a moat around it!

The fire is burning .. the embers are hot with thoughts on the backs of thunder and sister lightning beings to all those ...We are together in prayer, in thoughts of all that is needed to remind you out there, we are WARRIORS...

we are with you, along with some powerful angels... May you find comfort in knowing we are with you always: for that I give thanks, and so it is!

FOR:Tampa, our Mayor Iorio, Chief Jane Castor, Tampa PD, all who serve: Tink..and Mitch, Jerry,
Trish, Barb, Anastasia, The Kocab Family, baby Lilly Nicole Kocab, The Curtis Family,
Tarpon PD, those serving here and there in Uniform... Randy and Winnie in New Mexico, Irene M, Bernice, Eileen, Ali and family, Dorothy, Angela, Elijah, Ode, Linda M, "Southwest VA", Vicki and Matthew, Chris, Our new adopted family in BRAZIL, Mary, Irene,

Our Black American Bears Lily and HOPE, their spunky spirit, and Jill, the folks at the NABC, Joseph, Cathy Madden and her family., Cindy in NC (almost complete REMISSION), Cindy Cumbie, Laura, Mitch and family, Liz, Lee, Molly, Joanie, Jude, COFA,Judi, Matthew, Matt, Mark's family and many friends , Andrea, Jimmy, Marie and family up in New England, Pat, Irene, Kevin, Dr D, Deb, Randy, Dr B , Charlie and family, Jean, Julie, Rhonda, Victoria, Mildred, Andi and family, Faith, Denise, Jim, Tom, Joey, Shelby friends and family, Judi, Phylis, Joyce, Gina, Tonya, Beverly and Family, Janeth, Melissa, Pam, Virginia, Stacey, Elizabeth, Nita, Gary Siegal, Adrienna,Brian Mawbey, the Boyan Family,
Please hold the friends and family of these people in your hearts and prayers ~ just because you have the power and choose to to join with us ~
 STOMP
Walk In Beauty,
DRSES
Healing Heartaches, Stories of Loss and Life
http://www.healingheartaches.com/

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great idea to have a mental image of a "happy place" to go to, to protect, to retreat to, to live in that space. Gvies it a new twist. Instead of looking for happiness, you are so right, it is a smile,a thought, a memory and a feeling away. That's not to far to go to get there. Just takes a mental leap and we are ther.The moat is funny too... Sounds like the headache has been chased awya. Hump day is here. What will I do to make it wonderful? Am well onto a plan for this fabulous, perfect day.

Cathy Madden said...

I like the thought of gurading the happy place. I know it's only a thought...moment away. A smile not only can bring me to a happy place but others as well when we share it.
My soon to be 89 year old Dad has pneumonia. Bless him as he is getting better already but I wanted to pinch his head off for not going to the Dr. sooner.
Soldier Boy and wife will be home in Texas for a visit on the 20th.
Glad your headache is over and now we will begin our HAPPY DAY!

Irene M said...

Can I join you in your Happy Place ?
Mine seems to be missing.
Nuttin' else to say for now.
Perhaps in an hour after coffee & breakfast,
I will be more " happy " IRM

Anonymous said...

Happy, Happy, Happy, leg is healing, get to stay in bed as long as I want to do so. Dont have to take a real bath, just one of those wipe up as far as possible, down as far as possible and give old possible a swipe or two. Cuddly blanket in recliner, tv, read book walk to refrigerator get food. etc.. I am in a Happy place but I want to get the H--- out of here, go walking, go to aerobatic class, go play Bingo at the Nursing Home, go to Hospice and volunteer. etc.. Come rescue me from this Happy place. Gotta go to a YMCA meeting and will do so today. Keep leg in the air, that should make people happy. Gotta go pull corn at my best BFF house. Eat silver queen corn. Yummy, Yummy. Want some? Come go with me. Have a happy day. Sister and I go pick corn for the family. Yummy

Anonymous said...

Helloooo, once again I'm the
latebloomer today, slept in way too long,
very tired from late working hours.. not complaining... just saying... My happy place
is within my heart, memories make me smile,
lost love , found once more, only a heartbeat
away...I can take a deep breath and be where
my head belongs and where
I need to be in the flash of a second...
I find peace in the hard rains of summer,
in the voices of my loved ones, here and
in the next place, nobody can take this away
from me... My happy place is not full of material
wealth and fancy gadgets, but rich in gratitude
for the way it is... thankful each day for
the time I have had... not yearning anymore
for the would of, should of or could of days
gone by... I truly treasure the true blue friends
and purest feelings of love...
My happy place includes dolphins who dance, and
butterflies who wait for me, dreams which take me
on the wings of my angel to the most
awesome, wicked cool places...
Thanks for a great blog... hope you are
enjoying the thunder and rains..
peaceful...
sign me,
Andrea

Anonymous said...

Happy Day, Happy Place! Great day all day. Glad to be home! Awesome dinner plan with my best friend. Good comfortable bed after a hot shower. Long restful night's sleep ahead. Does it get any better than this day? Surely not!