Tuesday, March 16, 2010

APPRECIATE THIS DAY !!!



What A Day
What A Feeling
CELEBRATE

 

Appreciate this day… Appreciate real friends . . .






"I arise in the morning torn between the desire to improve the world, and a desire to enjoy the world. This makes it hard to plan the day."  {Elwyn Brooks White}






Good Morning to all. It’s a great day to be alive. The sun shines. I am filled with precious memories, looking forward to the future, living my dream, right here, right now ~ and I am filled with amazing grace, excitement and appreciation for this day …


Ah but what about all those I think about today? This very moment? Will others let it rush by, missing what today has to offer while waiting for the promise of the future, or dwelling on days gone by?






Sounds silly, and it is.

For today I must savor every moment. Today is all we really have. This day. No guaranteed promise of tomorrow. Hope, yes. A promise? Humm…






So with coffee in hand, I listen for the sounds of this morning. Enjoy this perfect sunrise. Smell the grass beginning to push it’s way to the sun. Birds chirping in the background. The four leggeds beginning the ruckus of their day. For whatever this day brings, I will bring to it my appreciation, a kind deed whenever possible. Loving thoughts and actions. I will celebrate this day as it unfolds. I will strive to create some good

Won't you join me? 
OK... here we go... get up! Right now, just get up from where you are sitting, stretch ~~~~~~ do it NOW, c'mon,
s t R E T C h.... raise your arms over your head, C'MON...
now lean to the right............awwww, that's good, now to the left............ ~~~~~ ohhhh, good .... now S t R E  t C H

I'll wait...

Raise your arms in the air and wave them over your head and C E L E B R A T E YOU!~!!!!`~~~ YAY

Didn't that feel great!~?~ who cares what those looking at you are thinking right now! heehe; it just felt good didn't it? C'mon you know it did!!!






We get out of life what we put into it. {See yesterday's blog/thoughts if you need a reminder}
Today I will pour all my good energy into this day.


Even as I review my schedule for the day, work looms large, I will take a good outlook to work with me. Put a smile purposefully on my face. Greet each colleague and stranger with cheer and kindness. And so, today will be wonderful because I have set out to bring about this specific result. I will look for the best I see in others. I will give the best of myself. Adversity will have no hold on me today. Today... this is MY day, my day to shine, my day, I own this day! I FEEL GREAT ~






If it rains on my parade, I will throw up my umbrella. Or better yet, toss it away and dance in the raindrops. For somewhere in the rain there is the cleansing the water brings. Perhaps I'll just jump in the puddles along the way while dancing through the day ~ :)


I don’t want to lose the message in metaphor, but it is a matter of choices. Making lemonade out of the lemons we are handed. Knowing that if indeed, this day brings some lemons, I’m OK with that. I promise that it won’t be all lemons, or instead of making a pitcher of lemonade, I’ll open a lemonade factory! See how easy that was? A solution instead of a problem. Am I painting a picture here?






It is all about choices. Our lives are formed by the moment by moment choices we make. Let’s chose to make good choices today. Choose joy, choose laughter. Celebrate today!


Squeeze every bit of joy out of this day. Create the day you want to have.






Today, I will spend my talent. Invest in some pleasure, find something funny in the day. Laugh. Dance to the music in my head and celebrate, really celebrate!


I hope that you too will create a wonderful day. Be thankful for the opportunity to invest in your life. Know that you are in charge of your attitude. You may not be able to change every outcome, but you can influence the outcome. You write your own script. This day take charge. Have the right attitude. If you can’t change the circumstance, change the way you feel about it.


Add joy to your life and the life of others. Use your talents. Be of good cheer, and most of all, embrace today’s possibilities.






At the end of my life, I want to know that I do not have even one drop of talent, one bit of goodness that I did not spend. One opportunity to laugh, to love, to sing, or dance left in me. For in so doing, I will have lived a good and full lie.






Appreciate today.

With all of that sang to me and to those who may read this, I appreciate the thoughts of many in the comments here, in the daily emails I receive... I thank you.

Chris, know that you are in the arms of the angels... the many many angels... and I know you will find comfort in these arms of many ~

Just imagine what you would do if you you never knew the word fear!

I read on the Facebook Fan page where a reader has her own page now... how about that?

No new news on the Apex NC challenge for the Healing Heartaches book club ~ ~ Updates?

Asheville ready for Healing Heartaches yet???

Keeping the fires burning here for all those who are in need of the strength and the thoughts on the embers and on the winds.

I wish you enough,

Walk In Beauty

DRSES

Healing Heartaches Stories of Loss and Life

http://www.drsherryeshowalter.com/





14 comments:

chris said...

woke up this morning and the sun is trying to come out--it's still a frozen tundra but at least the sun is here to remind me that it will get better. also did the excercise you suggested--helped a lot!! am now making cookies for a fund raiser at the Hospital (St Patty's Day) where did the last month go???
The angels are still around making lots of miracles--still need the surgery and everything but the doctors are now saying the word curable in the same sentence--I now have HOPE that I will be able to see grandchilden for a long time at least--and the best miracle of all is that I am learning to use this lap top. I might have to get myself one when I come home. It's so much esier that a PC!!--I think I'll go and do a dance in the sunbeam while I listen to "the arms of the angels" again." talk to ya later....

Anonymous said...

Yesterday was a difficult day for me. We had to make the final tearful decision to put our dog Lucky down. He was almost 15 years old. What LONG life for a purebreed Husky! Lucky was a fantastic dog, and a loving member of our family. It was heartbreaking and joyful at the same time, sitting with him on a soft rug while the injection was administered by a loving vet. He went swiftly and peacefully, and is no longer in pain. So I am happy to have today, when I know he is romping around in the Summerlands..free of pain and suffering. I am happy that I had the strength to make the decision not to be selfish and keep him around "just a little longer". If only we could be so kind to our human family.....but that is another blog for another day.....

Wishing everyone peace and joy today...

Anonymous said...

Was praying for you to master the lap top...and
I KNEW you would!

------ - -•*"*•
----..(¯*( -.- )*¯)
------ (. /(")(")\ .)
¨︵¸︵( ░░ ) .︵. ︵
Angels love the smell of home baked cookies!

viridian.com/greendays said...

I love that Angel -
here is where i get stuck, i "think" I have to save up all my "Fun" activitites for the Weekend, and Monday -Friday are just ho-hum, work - go home - eat - bed. That seems rather wasteful -will work on changing that -anybody else in that rut ?

Anonymous said...

Feel your passion everyday. Square your sholders. Lift your chin and stand tall. Try dancing everyday before you go to work. Really loud dance music. Turn off the news and lsiten to something funny or bright. This, I promise, will give you a different start. Plan something fun every week. Find a way to laugh! Really laugh out loud. DON'T GIVE UP THE POWER YOU ALREADY HAVE TO HAVE A GREAT DAY! Evryday. It really is about what we CHOOSE to hold in our head. Chance your outlook and your life will change.
Dorothy
Sorry I can't sign in except as Anonymous

Anonymous said...

Back to COB....
Any new ideas?
Let's try, we must solve this mystery!
Crankey OLE (already guessed) Bobblehead
Creepy OLE Bookworm
Crabby OLE Buzzard
Crinkled OLE Bag
Course OLD Bitcher

Anonymous said...

Don't want to burst anyone's bubble.
LOUD music does have a time & a place.
A reader of this blog ( not myself ) played music so loud that neighbors called the police and there are noise ordinances. They have a machine that measures noise in decibels.
Since most of us have lost some sight or hearing....really Loud music can make us loss even more hearing.
Now, I do ♥ music, singing, & dancing.
Regarding being in a rut.
Think of everything we must do daily....hmmmmm
bathing, dressing, eating, driving, etc.
How can these activities be made into fun activities. Music is just one "tool."
How about scents...yes, I know many are allergic or sensitive to cheap candles. Try pure essential oils. Just completed my US census form and sprayed it with a misting of Clary Sage, cleared my mind for more paperwork and other chores. Renaming things also helps.
After this break, I shall tend to my domestic Goddess duties. ( Now - doesn't that sound better than chores or housework )
I ♥ domestic Goddess duties......

Linda said...

"Just trust yourself, then you will know how to live." ( Johann Wolfgang von Goethe)

Dear Readers,

Holding each and every one of you in prayer. Every one of us has challenges today. Who am I to say who has the most difficult challenge?
I am but one human being. Would like to share a group page where members are posting memorials to their loved ones. We also will be discussing books, including Healing Heartaches. Please trust your instincts about checking out our new group page:

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=377509618085&ref=ts

Anonymous said...

Cris, all of the angels I met today have you surrounded. You are so special and making cookies that you dont bake? How strange is that? Must be Angel recipe. The laptop must be your new adventure and you are doing awesome and with that you will always be awesome to all of us who are having struggles of our own. I am throwing those arms up, jumping up turning the music loud and dancing. At my age who cares if the neighbors call the wonderful caring police. I just hope he is handsome, loving and caring and loves to dance. He will get his toes mashed dancing with me. Love to try. Arms around all who are fighting a fight and loving their Angels.

Anonymous said...

I will not use my age to break the law. Should I go through red lights and speed simply because I am a senior? Should I have special rights because I am older?
I remember the author of this blog stating there is a right and a wrong way to live. I do not think we should intentionally ignore the law, just because we are grieving. No wonder this was described to be a "controversial" blog. Last time the police knocked on my door, it was two women. Don't assume, you will get a handsome male!

Anonymous said...

.︵.♥ ♥.︵.
( ♥ ♥\¨ ¸ ƸӜƷ ¸¸/♥ ♥ )
¨`•¸¸\( ´ ◕‿◕` )/¸¸•´
¨ ¨ |¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯|
. . . \¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯/ ƸӜƷ
ƸӜƷ \♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ /
✿ ❀'\♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ / ✿ ❀ ✿
'\ĺ⁄ \ĺ⁄´\______/ .'\ĺ/´\ĺ⁄ \ĺ⁄´
” ” ” ” ” ” ” ” ” ” ” ” ” ” ”
♥.••´♥

Every single plant has a guardian angel whispering , Grow, Grow, Grow............

DrSES said...

SPEAKING OF A W E S O M E ~ ~ ~ ~

the comments; the lively discussions, the thoughts, LOVE IT, LOVE IT LOVE IT!!!

AND THE ARTWORK ABOVE ~ BREATHTAKING ~

To all, "Wado", the fire is burning brightly for all, the angels surround and may you all find comfort in the arms of them; all of them!

And to you all I say, "Wado"
Laugh, Love, Dance, and Embrace each moment...

Hope you are spreading the word... purchase your copies of Healing Heartaches : http://www.healingheartaches.com

Anonymous said...

Guess what? You don't have to break the law or bore new oles in your ear drums..... Geeeeze...
No sense of humor. I still say BLAST it. ROCK IT OUT!!!! Love the beat, love the volume, might even love the cops. Would be a whole new experience for me. I'm up for it all.
Dance on readers.

Anonymous said...

Hey, the WACKADOODLE is back....
Welcome nutcake, give it a try and GOD FORBID don't break the law.... Hate to see little ole ladies hauled out in handcuffs and thrown in the pokey....