Saturday, March 13, 2010


Somedays It's Just Good...
to be out on the water!


IT’S A BIG BIG WORLD OUT THERE



The universe is so huge. Really so big it’s hard to grasp the entirety of it. Our own world, while spinning in rhythm with the universe, is much more manageable.

 Still sometimes it feels as though is whirling around me and I have lost the tethers that keep me in sink with my world. Ever happen that way for you?.



Big RED FLAG. Tells me to stop. Just STOP and regroup. Put on some quiet music, block out the days madness. Take a hot bath. Light a scented candle. Compose my mind. Listen to my own heart beat in my chest. Still the whirlwind of thought, and actions. The “doings” and get centered again. Just BE for a few minutes. RELAX.



Ah……….. That’s better.


Now add in gently, one at a time, some pleasant thoughts of the ones that matter in our lives. Don’t dig into their problems, just sit with the quiet and think about how much you love them. Why they mean so much to you. Send a prayer to them. Pray them the quiet pleasure you have created in this moment for yourself.

Empty your head of everything except the good feelings that your loved ones and special times add to your life.

Listen. Really listen to the music. Smell the candle scents. Feel the warm water around you. Use this moment to shrink this huge universe to the space only in your heart.

Turn your mind off, give over to your feelings. Let your thoughts drift to beautiful places you have been, or pictures of beautiful places you dream of going in the future. Stay there for awhile.

Take your time, I’ll wait.
^^ || ^^ >> <<
Pat yourself on the back for having taken the time to be with you.. For being kind to self. You will immerge from this small experience more balanced, more relaxed. It is possible to slow it all down and enjoy the moment. For we have no promise of the next moment.

We have this moment in time to experience. Make it what you want it to be.


Would that we could make the time for ourselves more abundant… Value yourself. Value the gift of relaxation that you can add to your life. Trust me. Sitting in your chair in front of the TV straining to relax won’t be as effective. Make time for you so that you might freely give of your time to all the daily tasks that fill up our days. You are well worth the investment.

I’ve done another version of this exercise sitting in a lawn chair with only me feet in the Gulf, the sun on my face. I close my eyes and go away for awhile.

 I hear the birds flying over head, the gentle breeze as it blows. I fill my heart up with love, with memories, with dreams. It is good. It is restoring.

I whet my breath and pray these special moments for you also.

Sending you peace on the rain today, food for your soil and nutrients for your seedlings...

I wish you enough ~ ~ ~

DRSES

Healing Heartaches, Stories of Loss and Life
the reviews and thoughts on the book keep rolling in, and I am just overwhelmed with them! Keep spreading the word through the moccasin telegraph!

http://www.healingheartaches.com/ to order autographed copies, also available now at Amazon, Borders and Infinity Publishing bbotw.com

3 comments:

Irene said...

What GREAT advice this morning, Dr. SES.
First, the photo says it all, the setting,
the exact moment of sun, water, human & boat, your stance. Thumbs up ......
Now, I have to comment on the very carefully placed colors on your blog. When the words change color, when a period is placed, differently, when you want our attention and you say " I'll wait ". All of the above, makes your blog special, holds my attention, FORCES me to concentrate harder on the message, the thought, the suggestion.
You take a great deal of time, planning and come up with various topics, keeping us engaged, interested and thinking about what we can do for ourselves, others, the world, the spirits. THANK YOU ON THIS SATURDAY IN MARCH
when we lose an hour of precious time, but have gained great minutes, spent with you, Sherry....... always & forever......
me, myself and Irene

Anonymous said...

Stunning photograph; subtle reminder that no matter how high the seas or how passionate the flower, they are in constant change.
~~~ "Study nature, love nature, stay close to nature. It will never fail you." ~~~~Frank Lloyd Wright
Are we really losing an hour of time?
How can you just lose time...we invented clocks & the illusion of losing time.
Blessed and peaceful dreams................♥

Michelle said...

"Put on some quiet music, block out the days madness. Take a hot bath. Light a scented candle. Compose my mind. " Thanks, DRSES! I tried it today and feel much better. Love ya!!!