Tuesday, March 9, 2010

HOW to Believe, and DREAM LARGE ~ or so I'm THINKIN~

Spring Is Coming!
We Are Moving Into The LIGHT


Believe ~  Dream your dreams... It's morning, He/She did it again! Here we are, and for that I give thanks, won't you join me? And so it is!!!


I believe TODAY, and tomorrow holds promise. I know that I am responsible for seeing the dream. Filling in the details, and then putting my mind, my feet/hands, my soul and heart into the efforts necessary to make the dream come true. I know this because I practice mindfulness.
As I treasure the memories precious to me, and fully appreciate each day, I know that I am driven by my personal hope for tomorrow.

The gift of the lessons I have learned from my past, the lessons from the Ancestors and the Elders, along with the joy de vie of each day, propells me toward the dream I have defined. Would you take a trip with no road-map, no GPS system? Would you prefer to take life as it comes? Relying only on the Universe to make your life worthwhile while sitting back and just waiting for it to happen or thinking you're entitled to the windfall?


Rely on LUCK or entitlement alone to provide a good outcome? No plan can be a bad plan.

We must be pro-active and engage and responsible then for participating in living our dreams. If we don’t define them, they cannot come about. Even someone who dreams of winning the lottery and coasting through life with tremendous wealth, must play to win. So while I personally do not see myself counting on that windfall, I occasionally buy a ticket. I have opened the door to the possibility. "Life is not a dress rehearsal folks, go for it"


In fact, every door you open makes room for the possibilities that the promise of tomorrow brings, and allows for the wonderful air to flow and energies of life to sweep you up and move your "nuwati" in the process of cleaning out the cobwebs that may have settled in the winter.



So dream big! Create the dream! Define what you hope for. Put some meat on those bones. Dig deep and get to the details. Not good enough to dream of world peace. How in the world will this come about? Will you do specific things to contribute? What are they.

Look at what the first woman Chief of the Cherokee people did for little girls in the world... they were taught by example to dream LARGE... Wilma Mankiller taught by example, imagine, a woman Chief of the people... imagine the eyes of little girls seeing that they too could grow up to be Chief, to be President of countries, leaders of Nations, winners of Oscars, Grammys' authors of books...

DREAM LARGE ~DREAM IN COLOR ~ LIVE THE DREAM ~


What must you personally do today to move one step closer to making the dream a reality?
OK: so world peace may not be your dream… What are you focused on.
What is your personal dream?
First we define the goal, then we build the road-map. Setting out on the journey with no direction leads us down many paths.
Some good, often entertaining, some very real dead ends.
Just take a read through the comments of weeks and days past; look at the journeys others are on, the miles and the worn moccasins...
Look at what is happening in a little town in Apex NC!!!

Reba McEntire ( one of my favorites) once said “To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone, and a funnybone”. And those who have heard Reba belt out a tune, know that Reba is a little thing, but a fierce woman who knows a thing or two about heartaches, a thing or two about determination and spirit... and she is probably only a handful of folks who can put four syllables in the word "down"~ heehe

So we laugh at out misfortunes, have or grow a spine to stand-up for what we believe in, grab the wishbone and dream the dream we want to see to fruition. Invest in the outcome. You, like me, are above all else responsible for your life.
I have said many times ”See It, Believe It, Receive It.” And I say it again. Not in a passive way. Let’s not sit around and regret what we did not do. Let’s make our dreams come true.


Begin today. Know that the purpose of a life well spent is a life of purpose.


Share your dream. Give voice to what you are creating. For as no man is an island, by announcing your vision, setting forth the plan, you may receive the gift of assistance of others, like minded people who will travel with you. Assist others, allow others to assist us. Knowing that no one is more invested in your dream than you are. Be the change  you want to see.

Ever heard that song, "I cross my heart and promise to... be all I've got to be to make your dreams come true?"  Funny how lines from songs just pop in when I'm thinkin ~

^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

Apex weighs in on yesterday's picture: seems Olivia's Lizard friend she named Fred is a female ~
how bout' that?
Titter is "tweetin" with new followers from LA, Asheville, Atlanta, NY, and all over the place, from other countries
I am honored!

Apex working on Healing Heartaches Book Club with the help of some Geese broadcasting with their honkers!

Red Hat Ladies are having a convention today in Largo Florida, I'll be there signing copies of
Healing Heartaches ~ (love them read hat gals
COB is grand one in New River Valley you know)

Chris is in NY off to see Oncologist today ~
Jeanne in Palm Harbor last treatment
Tammy Stanswell has angels too, someone gifted her a jag! Her dream car to battle Breast Cancer In ~

The jasmine is trying to bloom, ah sweet sweet fragrances  ~
Jungle Gardenia, made in the 70's, seems you just as M.C. Hammer would say, "Can't touch This" . . . but Coty perfumes tries as do other perfumeries out there!
Nothing quite like the smells and fragrance of a Gardenia and those memories that will be triggered. Tuvache says they have come very very close to the 70's smell though~
^*^

 
*

The fire is burning brightly
Wherever you are, whatever you are doing
Know that you are being thought of
right here
right now

Walk In Beauty

DRSES

author of:
Healing Heartaches, Stories of Loss and Life
order your autographed copies at:
or now available at:
Borders.com, amazon.com or bbotw.com



13 comments:

Irene said...

After reading today's blog, instead of draggin

my butt, feeling tired, down & dreary,

I AM GONNA GO GET IT TODAY !!!!!!!!!

Smile on, warpaint on, positive attitude on,

packin' my plusses. I can sleep when I'm DEAD

......... F I R M

chris said...

my dream is simple--I Want a spa robe--you know-- one of those soft terry cloth ones that you can wrap yourself in! After the Dr's visit I am going to go on a quest to find one--I figure there is some store that has one!!!
To Laura--love you bunches too and yes the warpaint is on, my pma has gone thru the roof after seeing the x-rays and reports!But I still want that robe.!

Chris said...

Sherry--I am so excited for you--Hope the Red Hatters is a very big thing --can you imagine the ripple effect? Don't forget, I want to talk to you about the 'brown bag" series when I get back! They ae going to need it with Mother's Day coming up!!
L&H

Anonymous said...

Greetings my friends. Positive Mental Attitude...You GO Chris! Irene, glad you are making this day count. Thy on some rowdy music while you shower and get ready for work. Pumps me up better than a gallon of caffiene. Some days I bob my head to the music on my hour long commute so hard that I actually dance in my seat at the stop lights. Get some funny looks but I just smile. Don't care what others who have a scowl firmly planted on their faces think. I ROCK!!! DRSES, the Red Haters are about to be amazed. To all our other friends. Enjoy every moment of today. We all deserve it.

Anonymous said...

Oh YIPEE! I just found out that those things I was trying to remember yesterday were called 8 tracs. You know, the old dinosaurs we all had back in the 70"s. Yea technology. And Chris, Try Roman's On-line. They have everything! Good luck on the robe search.

viridian.com/greendays said...

Get in touch with that sundown fellow
As he tiptoes across the sand
He’s got a million kinds of stardust
Pick you fav’rite brand, and Dream, when you’re feeling blue,Dream, that’s the thing to do, Just watch the smoke rings rise in the air
You’ll find your share of memories there So dream when the day is through,Dream, and they might come true,Things never are as bad as they seem,So dream, dream, dream
Lyrics by: Frank Sinatra
u didn't think i thought that up all by myself, did ya ? :)
Hope you all enjoyed it

Jan said...

Dreams and hopes, I have many - but they're all scrambled and causing confusion today... can't think... Your advice at cleaning up, organizing, making a map of where to go ... has come up twice for me today... Perhaps is a Higher voice trying to tell me where and how to start the day...mmmm...
As always, thank you for sharing your positive thoughts.
Warm hugs to All,

Jan

Anonymous said...

Dreams,
A big, soft as a baby blanket hooded spa robe,
learning to use an I-POD,
becoming more organized....
all dreams are BIG dreams to the dreamer!

Anonymous said...

╔═══ ~¸´♫ ~¸♪´.•¯♥`~♪´♫`♥• ════╗

║ To laugh often and much; to win the respect
║ of intelligent people; to appreciate beauty;
║ to find the best in others; to leave the world
║ a bit better, whether by a healthy child,
║ a garden patch, or a redeemed social
║ condition; to know even one life has breathed
║ because you have lived.
║ This is to have succeeded!

║ ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
♥♥ ════════════════.*•♫.•*═══╝

DrSES said...

AN ALL TIME FAVORITE OF DRSES, THANK YOU... "WADO"

Anonymous said...

Speaking of those who dream BIG

ROSA sat
so that Martin could walk

MARTIN walked
so that Barack could run

BARACK ran
so that all our children could fly ~ Kiari Day

Anonymous said...

If we can only trust and LISTEN to the dreams that we have while are eyes are shut and we are sleeping, I feel they just might be the biggest dreams of all. Oh...to trust those dreams¸.❀.¸¸.•* (¸.♥´´♥.¸)*•.¸¸.❀.¸
¸.❀´¨) A sunbeam to warm you,
(¸.♥´ . A moonbeam to charm you,♥
¸.❀´¨)¸A sheltering angel, .❀´¨) ¸.❀´
(¸.♥´ (¸.so nothing can harm you.` (¸.♥.•*
¸.❀.¸¸.•* (¸.♥´´♥.¸)*•.¸¸.❀.¸

May all sleep well....and dream well

Pallas said...

Today is the best day of my life!


positive thinking

whatever the mind expects, it finds