Thursday, March 11, 2010

HOW TO: LIFE IS TOO SHORT TO WEAR TIGHT SHOES!

"Where's the Mama"
HaHaHa
Nana and Olivia
(Mama has to take our kissin pictures) heehe
~

IF THE SHOE FITS…. sure do hope it's comfortable! 
Now let's see, "Ole tough cookie" eh... hmm, "The Comforter" now with a new name; so if I am so tough, perhaps that's why I'm called DYS all these many years?  Dunno...  guess those who know me have their thoughts!
and, those who who matter don't mind and maybe those who mind just don't matter! heehe

Now, I must tell ya, I'm feelin a bit confused by the anonymous reader who stated, "I don't know what pay it forward is about" and then proceeds to tell us how wonderful she was to the woman with an ice pack including praying for her right there outside the women's room...

I love the idea of a "Pay it forward Healing Heartaches Movement..." I say... Let's roll it out, let's let the word be known that we are doing it, have been doing it, let's give it a name right here right now!!! OPRAH.... do you hear what we are doin here>>>>>>> heehe
OK, so where was I here, in a hotel in my thoughts... ah yes, shoes, that's right...


I really don’t like all the shoes that may fit me from time to time..
So my thinking is, change shoes. The fit may be better or the “shoe” more welcome. I say this in returning to the theme of BE THE CHANGE YOU WANT TO SEE.




You know how some things just resonate? Michael Jackson’s “Man in the Mirror”;
song replays in my head often. If you want to make a change, look in the mirror,


BE the change you want to see.
So how do we translate this musical expression of wisdom into our own lives? It really does begin with us; within, often deep within.




Lonely? Feeling unloved? Befriend someone. Get out there and make a friend. Be the friend you wish you had and the universe will “gift” you a friend. Find something you are passionate about and make a contribution. Spend time smiling at everyone you meet. The smile is contagious. You give one, you may get one. What happened to old fashioned pleasant greetings? Tip you hat, nod and smile… These small gestures are the way to begin the change. Do it so often it becomes your habit.






Unhappy and stressed? Laugh. Watch a funny movie or go to the local comedy club with a buddy. Lots of funny books in the public library. Better yet, make someone laugh. I know it’s tough to do when you feel crushed by everyday stress. You are clever, and bigger than that potential bottomless pit of stress. Inside of each of us is the desire to be happy. This is only achieved internally. Happiness is not taken, it is given. Give of yourself, in the giving, you will receive so much more than you give. I promise.


Say what you mean, mean what you say. Be honest in all your interactions. Not brutally honest. But ethical, stand behind your promises. Don’t make a promise you can’t or won’t honor. Just be you. Remember, being you is the best you have to offer. So, be you. Be the best you that you can be. Make the changes necessary. Strive to make yourself better in some meaningful way everyday. Like a snowball, small changes lead to big results. Look at all the attention a goose gets when she preens, when she beckons with her call of beckoning, of announcing news that is important for all to pay attention to ...




Look hard in the mirror where only you really know what that reflection means. Is there something about your life, your behavior that you want to change? Little steps lead to big changes. Each of us are responsible only for what we contribute to the mix. Good in, eventually leads to good results. So put something worthwhile out into the universe and reap the rewards. Not because you want more for yourself, but because it really is in the giving that we receive.


Go ahead, hug a tree. Recycle. Smile. Hug, really hug a friend. Speak kindly for it is easier to eat you own words when they are tender. Learn from a child; open yourself up to the wonderful possibilities in your life, and in your world ~






I close by asking everyone to listen again to Michael Jackson’s song “Man in the Mirror” and own the message it offers. I have, and am blessed by it.


I wish you enough.


Enjoy your life, you deserve it. You are the change agent in this world.


Live well, love, be loved and laugh often !


To all who are facing a battle; a struggle, may it comfort you to know there are many thinking of you today~ thinking of you with the energies and thoughts that move mountains, that will find its way to you and infuse you with hope, strength and the knowing that you have some strong angels around ~ ~ ~


Walk In Beauty,



Healing Heartaches, Stories of Loss and Life

Available autographed at:
http://www.healingheartaches.com/
ships in 24 hours!

Also available now at Amazon.com, Borders.com bbotw.com  (please visit these sites and leave a review!)
http://www.etsy.com/ type healing heartaches in the search bar and then look for jgrusso2010 to see Healing Heartaches Inspired Jewelry by Joan.

Keeping the fire burning for Wilma Mankiller, first woman Chief of the Cherokee People with love, respect, and a grateful heart.

Thoughts of Chris in NY as she prepares for surgery and to say good-bye to "the girls" next week.

Blessings to all.





8 comments:

chris said...

staying here with the grandkids has been the best medicine! They are young enough to force me to look at the world with their eyes. Marveling at the bueaty of a small ant hill we sat a watched it for at least 15 mins before he got tired of looking at it--I just marveled at his delight! This is something you don't do as a parent (we are always in a major rush) but being a grandma I can stop all they want. I am blessed indeed. First with the best people praying and pulling for me and then with the family. My cup is full indeed.

viridian.com/greendays said...

Love the picture ( even thoough the 'Mama" is missing ) a picture is worth a 1000 words ;Can't ya just feel the love in that picture? Now onto our movement - Thinking about it driving to work this morning, how can we spread the "Healing Heartache Pay it Forward" movement ???? Why when people are out on their boats do they wave to every single boat that passes, but we don't wave at cars that pass us. Maybe thats where we can start; TODAY , WAVE AND SMILE AT ONE CAR TODAY ( If nothing else, we will get a good chuckle from doing it.) But how will the people know we are starting a "movement"??? Well, looks like S.E.S needs to head back to the printer and order some 'HEALING HEARTACHES PAY IT FORWARD BUMPER STICKERS" Bloggers, are ya in ????

Irene said...

Hey CHRIS : an ant hill & grandchildren sound very good to me ! Enjoy every minute.
Today's blog: mirrors and me don't mix.
Once I get myself together in the morning, I can pass ump-teen mirrors during the day and walk right on by them. Others MUST stop and look, primp, check or pause. Call me crazy..
Anyway, today is a death anniversary for me.
The real reason I am here in Florida was my dear sweet Aunt Maddy. I cared for her till the end of her 90 year old life. She had no children, so I was IT. 7 years ago today, Aunt Maddy crossed over, so I took her for a ride this morning in my car, to Clearwater. ( a token portion of her ashes in a keepsake urn)
Call me crazy........ but it made me feel good

Take care, all........ FIRM IceScream

chris said...

Hi Irene, I wouldn't call that crazy at all-as a matter of fact I would say that it is very comforting! Honoring one's loved one is really good for the soul--call it soul work--enjoy the day and the memories. L&H

chris said...

to jgrusso1--bumper stickers hmmmmmm
I like the idea count me in!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Dr. SES, where are you? What is a DYS? Dont tell me you are gonna start another C.O.B? I just got a email saying what is a cob? and what is that first paragraph of who who? Just thought I would let you know I am doing a little editing and reading your thoughts for today. I looked in the mirror and screamed this morning. Oh how fun it is not to put makeup and Red lipstick on while I am watching the rain. Chris and all others are in my prayers. Go fight.

Anonymous said...

Lovely & thought provoking blog.
Shoes & Prayers
We usually put on shoes to protect our feet, from the hot sidewalks in Florida or the snowy mountains in NC and VA. Shoes protect our feet ( all 72,000 nerve endings in those feet of yours)
So, usually we put on prayer or go into a prayful state for means of protection for ourselves & others.
Just like we need different kinds of shoes for different climates & occasions, perhaps we also need different types of prayers....
asking, thanking, praising, forgiving....
Bountiful Blessings for all who find their way here ♥

Anonymous said...

Different shoes
Different prayers
Different names
at different times?