Wednesday, March 17, 2010

HOW TO: A TOOL KIT FOR A WONDERFUL WEDNESDAY


Sometimes YOU Just Gotta Make Your Own Fireworks
You Gotta Find YOUR Magic Kingdom Within
You Gotta Believe!



GOOD MORNING WORLD!!! I love fireworks; magic, excitement... real and imagined, I love it all!

HAPPY ST. PATRICKS DAY EVERYONE!!! HOPE YOU ARE WEARING GREEN TODAY, AND ARE HAVING THE LUCK O' THE IRISH IN ALL THAT YOU DO ~







Wow yesterday’s blog sure provoked lots of reader comments; there were even a few fireworks there as well! heehe,  Enjoyed all.

So how about we add a few more tools to your “feel good” tool-bag….






Grab some peppermint. Many Aromatherapists suggest that peppermint is a natural stimulant and will “pep” your energy up in a wholesome way.

Essential peppermint oil, peppermint tea, chewing gum, oil sticks and candles to scent the room, even in your bath if your so choose. Now keep in mind; these are "my thoughts"... No I am not a doctor of aromatherapy, nor a doc of medicine, nor am I prescribing anything for anybody... I repeat, these are my thoughts ~ Got it? Now don't go putting chewing gum in your bath water or oil sticks in your mouth... or candles in your tub... Happy thoughts and common sense OK?!

The University of West Virginia did a study some time back that showed an immediate improvement in athletes performance after sniffing peppermint. Isn't that just amazing?


It also showed similar results for skills such as typing. Anyone ever try peppermint as a mood enhancer. . . I can think of lots of sources of peppermint including bath oil, hand lotion, mints and lots of others.
Maybe we can do our own experiment on the blog.
Feedback welcome. I do know of one reader; actually the woman led by geese in Apex NC who is heading up the challenge of her town reading Healing Heartaches as a matter of fact! She also happens to know a lot of flower essence... perhaps she will share some of her thoughts on today's blog/thoughts for all to reap the wonderful benefits of as well!


^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^



For those of you concerned with disturbing neighbors with loud music…

It really is true that almost any upbeat music does work to re-energize.
Try just three minutes for a start. Pick your own tune, doesn’t have to be rock music, but an upbeat tempo is the key.

Perhaps an IPod, or ear phones will solve the “disturbing” neighbors issue.

Dance if you can, if your want, or if you can. The physicality plays a role too, but is not absolutely necessary. Movement can happen in a chair if you must, but fluidity of movement is essential for you to allow your body and your blood to move and to feel the rhythm of life.
<><><><><><><><><>
OK, READY?  GET UP~!~~~
HANDS OVER YOUR HEAD... S T R E T C H ` ` ` ~
AHHHHAHHHH ~~~ TIPPEY TOES S T R  E T   C H
NOW, LEAN TO THE SIDE |\\\  ///// ||| \\//
<><><><><><><> AGAIN, I'LL BE RIGHT HERE WHEN YOU ARE DONE <><><><><><>

AND I SAY TO MYSELF... WHAT A WONDERFUL WORLD ~ wow, that was awesome huh?
YAY!!!! You may even be able to visualize your own firework display when visualizing...

You know... as I sit here, and was waiting, my feet were tapping to a tune in my head... and I'm thinking:

Upbeat tunes can break the monotony of dreary tasks, dreary thoughts, and a lack of energy. I personally think that adding a smile to the experience really gets the job done.

Just as quiet, soft elevator music quiet us and lull us to sleep ( a different and equally meritorious use when needed), music that rocks you, gets you moving can step it up a notch. Who among us hasn’t needed a quick pick me up? hmm, Wednesday, known as "hump day" many need a "pick me up" in the middle of the week~


```^^```



Take a few moments to meditate. REady?
B R E A T H E  ~ ~ ~ in through your nose, (smell the flowers) and exhale slowly and completely through your mouth... (blow out the candles)...
OK, here we go ------ Breathe IN ~~~~~~~~~
E X H A L E ______________ empty it all blow out all those candles...... GOOD JOB.


It sounds like an opposite approach, and it is. But a few moments of mindful deep breathing and silence can do wonders.

Our brains and bodies are constantly responding to stimuli which now and then can be exhausting in it’s own right.

A few moments of conscious quiet may well help.
Sit quietly, close your eyes.

Perhaps you may benefit by visualizing an especially restful or peaceful place that has been relaxing for you in the past.
Take a few really deep, slow breaths and just be in the moment. Again, whatever works for you is a tool you can employ at will.






One last thought on today’s tools.
Readers have shared that though they want to laugh, really laugh out loud it can be challenging to find something funny enough to provoke that response.
I have found some VERY silly You tubes online. Old sitcoms like I Love Lucy work for me, but then again, I laugh most of the time most of the time!.

Humor and laughter cause a cognitive shift, a genuine change in energy level. Laughter, well, a real belly laugh changes the thought process. Changing this process allows our body to make this physiological shift quickly and effectively. I so wish you could hear my Godson Kamryn laugh... since he was just a little one, he could laugh so hard, he would have to lean over and place his little hands on his knees laughing . . . and then having to draw a deep breath only to start all over again once he could catch his breath! He was only 2 years old, and still laughs that way today, forcing all that are around him to be involved in the infectious laughter that his uniquely his! True and unadulterated laughter, raw, and filled with passion... laughter that is untamed ~ there for all of humankind to make their own ~ 

It also releases chemicals in the brain that provide good feelings to flow.






So that’s it for today. A few new tools to try or retry. Practice does make perfect.  Good luck in your attempts at perfection with this one! Shoot for the stars... Step out of your comfort zone and laugh with wild abandon.


Let me know what you tools are in your bag of tricks. Feel free to try any and all of these suggestions. I trust each has potential.






Enjoy your day. I am having an OutStanding Day already and it is just beginning!

Know that I am holding each of you close in my heart.

The fires are burning brightly here, the embers are bright, the intention is strong and pure... Healing Heartaches one heart-beat at a time; living with intention  mindfully with purpose and with desire.

Wherever you are, whatever you are doing, I wish you enough, I pray you passion and peace along your journey.

Walk In Beauty
DRSES

author of:
Healing Heartaches, Stories of Loss and Life
http://www.healingheartaches.com/
for your autographed copies
Also available at Amazon, Borders bbotw.com

Now seeing clients on Fridays' by appointment in Palm Harbor FL and also phone sessions by appointment for those on-the-go clients!

Speaking Engagements arranged through the website "contact us" page ~

visit http://www.etsy.com/ type in healing heartaches in the search bar and then jgrusso20010 to see Joans' jewelry made exclusively for Healing Heartaches!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Am on my way to a GREAT Hunp Day! If it's an easy coast downhill the rest of this week, I am going to take a different path, Just looking for hills! I LOVE the challenge. Maybe a quick moment of silence? Flying through this day with purpose. Feel really energized, full of musci, movement and Personal Power! Ready for EVERYTHING! Her's a tip... New shoes! I have a brand new and too fabulous pair! Talk about happy feet! Happy feet, happy heart. Very very good start to an awesome day. Rock on readers.
Shouting good vibes to all.

Anonymous said...

I read somewhere about pepermint. Had forgotten about that. Am mostly trying and using soothng musci. I agree laughter is sometimes a struggle but I know it feels good. I can get to a chuckle but it's been a long time since I remember a belly laugh. Maybe there is a DVD of Lucy. I will check inot that and try it. Thanks for all your suggestions.

Irene said...

Happy Wednesday, Happy St. Paddy's Day, too.
A chuckle, a controlled quiet laugh is nice,
BUT give me a hearty out loud belly laugh with tears flowing, gasping for air, begging for mercy with the " STOP ! STOP STOP ! "
Good medicine. Movement, too, dancing, all great tools in this life of serious issues and stress. I am thankful for today, Sherry's words, the readers comments and a decent night's sleep, allowing clarity of brain and body to rest. Wearing of the green !!!! IRM

Anonymous said...

Dear Readers,

In honor of Saint Patrick's Day, I have posted a "Shramrock Meditation" on our Circle of Grief page. You need not be a member to avail yourself of this meditation. Link can be found on the Fan Page.

RE: Peppermint
Even the Pinellas County school system provided children with peppermint candies while taking standardized tests. The most fascinating thing about all plant medicine is that plants have dual properties; they are somewhat bi-polar.
While peppermint is used to make us more mentally alert and clear our mind....it is also used to calm and soothe our upset tummies.
So, we can say peppermint is both invigorativing, as well as calming.
Peppermint stimulates our minds, but calms the liver and digestive organs. Smart plant!

Allow me to clear a few common misconceptions about aromatherapy and flower essences. While they may be complimentary modalities, flowers essences are NOT aromatherapy.

Plant Medicine 101
1. Aromatherapy uses essential oils. These oils are made from the entire plant and are toxic in nature. Very small amounts of peppermint oil are used in gum. The only essential oils appoved for topical use undiluted are lavender and tea tree oil.

2. Flower Essences are prepared with ONLY the blossoms of the plants ( not the entire plant ) They are usually prepared by infusing them in water and sitting in the sun. Flower Essences are vibrational or the energy of the plant. They are 100 % toxic free and used with newborns. There are absolutely no harmful side effects. Remember, aromatherapy uses essential oils which do have side effects.

3. Herbal Use - When we drink peppermint tea, we are drinking the herb, the dried plant. It can stimulate the mind or soothe the digestive tract.

Plants are good friends or tools, you can invite them into your life as herbs, essential oils, or completely harmless flower essences.

Please feel free to avail yourself to the free Shamrock Meditation...it came to me after taking Sagebrush flower essence ( not to be confused with sage )

Will need to save book club updates for another time...

Will hold all in pray,
Linda
must sign in as anonymous as I did not sign in prior to posting

Janeth said...

Hello Dr. Ses!
and Hello Readers and Happy St. Patrick's Day!!

As I read your blog I was reminded of the luck o' the Irish, even posted something on my FB about that... I hope (and need) today is an extremely positive day as I await important news, a new date with destiny...

I find myself pretty anxious lately ... and enjoy the blog even more as I do the relaxing breathing exercises and I'm reminded of the power of calming essences. I personally LOVE lavender! I use it as bath oil, bath gel, or to scent my home...

And you're right: music can lighten up the day, as well as the beautiful sun shining outside, or the company and laughter of children (I have my nieces and nephews to make me believe in miracles every time I see them).

Happy Wednesday and Hugs,

One of your Pattoties... :)

Janeth said...

Hello Dr. Ses!
and Hello Readers and Happy St. Patrick's Day!!

As I read your blog I was reminded of the luck o' the Irish, even posted something on my FB about that... I hope (and need) today is an extremely positive day as I await important news, a new date with destiny...

I find myself pretty anxious lately... and enjoy the blog even more as I do the relaxing breathing exercises and I'm reminded of the power of calming essences. I personally LOVE lavender! I use it as bath oil, bath gel, or to scent my home...

And you're right: music can lighten up the day, as well as the beautiful sun shining outside, or the company and laughter of children (I have my nieces and nephews to make me believe in miracles every time I see them).

Happy Wednesday and Hugs,

One of your Pattoties... :)

Janeth said...

Can COB mean something like?
Comforting Ole Buddy??!!

Just trying my luck today! ha, ha...
Hugs!

Anonymous said...

After reading blogs today Janeth may be getting close. I am going to try again with a few COB,how about Crafty Ol' Broad, Crusty Ol' Bird, Crumpled Ol'Brain.

Maybe I will get the luck of the Irish. Happy thoughts, dance, sing, tip on your toes, stretch and all of the above. Blessings

Anonymous said...

. . . .. . .--..--.
. . . . .( . . :: . . )
.. . .--.\ . .:. . ./.--.
.. ( . . . . ` : ` . . . . )
. ..( . . . . /|\ . . . . )
.. .. `"''` . | . `''"`

Blessing of SUN
Blessing of EARTH
Blessing of ROCK
Blessing of SKY
Blessing of WIND
Blessing of WATER
Blessing of FUN
Blessing of DISCOVERY
Blessing of HEALING
Blessing of STILLNESS
Blessing of SOLITUDE
Blessing of FRIENDS
Blessing of FOES
Blessing of SONG
Blessing of DANCE
Blessing of FLOWERS
Blessing of TREES
Blessing of BIRDS
Blessing of BEES
Blessing of FOUR LEGGEDS
Blessing of TWO LEGGEDS
BLessing of WINGED ONES
Blessing of MOON
BLessing of STARS
Blessing to YOU!




. . . .. . .--..--.
. . . . .( . . :: . . )
.. . .--.\ . .:. . ./.--.
.. ( . . . . ` : ` . . . . )
. ..( . . . . /|\ . . . . )
.. .. `"''` . | . `''"`
I talk a walk today and when I ended a conversation, a nice gentleman asked me what I meant by "blessings" when I ended our talk. We all say "blessings" as casually as we say "Hey".....these are my blessings for all