Sunday, March 14, 2010

OUTSTANDING... THAT'S IT!


OUTSTANDING BEAUTY
ENERGY
WONDERMENT

BORROWED ENERGY . . .







No I am not kidding… When your own energy is at a low, borrow some. This morning my energy is so revved up; you can borrow mine if you like!


Just reach out and grab it; go on... just breathe deeply; exhale and grab it, it' yours ~ 

I use music a lot in my life, and this morning I am rocking; really rockin ... my feet are moving already and the sun hasn't yet made its appearance... C'mon, join me in celebrating this wonderful day of amazing grace, of "celebrating YOU, of us, and of the dazzle of the day" ~

Ah, the music is here, to share sentiments; to inspire me, to change, to provoke deep thoughts, to rock me and remind me of the rhythms of life….

And I also use it to pump me up.

Like when I just can’t quite make the connection with the need to clean the house or get going; and the amount of energy required. Ever have that feeling?






So… I crank up the stereo. Put on some Patti Labelle, or Bonnie Raitt, maybe Tina Turner.






In a pair of minutes I look like the Lysol Man on steroids, or Tony Robbins inspiring the audiences to find themselves and step through their fears!

Zipping through the house with Windex, toilet cleaner, sweeping, mopping and vacuuming at breakneck pace.
Of course the mop handle sometimes becomes the microphone as I sing along at the top of my lungs, the vacuum not even loud enough to compete. I get lost in the rhythm of the music.


Dancing like I am on my own stage. Flailing cleaning rags from surface to surface….






Just borrowed all the energy I needed. Loud robust music fills me with energy. Does it every time. Just can’t help but use the tools on hand. Consider it another gift that music gives us.






Then, at the end of my chores, I smile. House is sparkling, I am pleased with myself for a job well done, and my soul has been filled up with music, music, music.






Amped up, off and running. Chores took half the time, and I have actually enjoyed doing them. Now aren’t I proud of myself said the Cheshire Cat? Yup, that’s me. A lingering smile I put on my own face.  Worries of the world or those I love? Worries for myself??? GONE... swept away with dust bunnies, gone in the beat of the drums and the dance of life, absorbed in the rhythms and sways and the dance...

Making a choice to dance, to laugh, to live and have an outstanding day...






Have one for yourself. Ratchet up the volume and knock out that pasty ever returning list of household chores that are draining your energy.
 Enjoy!

Say what you will, do what you may... those who matter won't mind and those who mind won't or don't matter! (Dr Seuss said some of that)...

Blessings and best thoughts to those struggling with this day...

Whatever you are doing and wherever you are...
I wish you enough, I pray you peace...

Walk In Beauty

DRSES

author of:
Healing Heartaches, Stories of Loss and Life

http://drsherryeshowalter.com/

Now available at Amazon, Borders and Infinity Publishing website bbotw.com

3 comments:

Irene said...

I tore out a page in Rolling Stone magazine.
" IF IT'S TOO LOUD, YOU'RE TOO OLD "
Yes, blast that music. I enjoyed today's blog.
My neighbors KNOW I love music. Our family loves music so much, that one of my Uncles was buried with a small transitor radio in his coffin. Mind you, it was 1970 something.
Bet Uncle Phil is still rockin' on !
Upbeat feelings this weekend, spring is in the air, clocks changed. Get out and enjoy life.
Clean house, clean car, clear eyes to see it all. Stay safe, all IRM

DrSES said...

I get why kids listen to loud music. It gets deep into where your soul recognizes the beat. I am not a dancer. Usually turn the music down, a room away with few exceptions. This week I have been in a special environment where the music has been blasting. All kinds of music I would not ordinarly listen to and it has been awsome. My feet are moving on their own. Loving every minute of it. Need more music in my life. Makes me smile form inside out! Rock on readers! Put on some music and own this day. Enjoy!

Anonymous said...

¸.✫ ♫*'*°☆.
( Blessed Be ~ ♥*•. . ♫✶*✫ ه
`♥♪♫✫
Singing and dancing is surely prayer