Monday, March 29, 2010

STOMP IN TO YOUR MONDAY MY FRIENDS

Adjust your own energy level!






It's All About The Energy

Swirling, Fluidity of Movement!








GOOOD MORRRNING MONDAY, coffee is hot and smells sooo good! 4-leggeds doing their "happy-dance, are you?
I remember my friend Joe Graff telling me that he used to go into work dancing on Mondays' just tickled for the start of the week; so excited that he would jump on a desk and do his "happy dance", much to the dismay and often disgust of his co-workers ~ that image still brings a smile to my face... Just imagine how empowering that must have felt and how very infectious that energy and enthusiasm must have been for those around him after they "caught on to it" !

Florida sure gave us some liquid sun yesterday ~ good for the seedlings, the grass and great for the birds song ~ my little ones did so love running around in the rain, only to track those paw prints all around their home afterwards. Yep, life is full of wonderment.Here’s an eye opener for a Monday morning...
We each own the ability to dial up, or down, own energy level. It’s easy, like the volume control on the stereo. Dial it up, turn it down. Just that simple.






Motion is energy. Emotion is motion. Tony Robbins would tell you to "make your move" and change things around, but "Move", keep on moving! But he's not alone in that thought; many will tell you if you move, you can change your thoughts, change your body, change your way of feeling...

Emotion too often controls energy levels because we let it.
Dragging yourself through the day?
Ramp up the energy level. Put your body in motion. Step it up.
Again we return to
 STOMP

DANCE, work it out physically.

I can do it ~ I AM THE FORCE! You can do it.

If you supercharge the energy you are physically putting out, your mood will follow. Start slow, build up.

The more energy you produce, the more energy you will have.



It’s always there, waiting in the instrument case, always there ready for you to pull it out, dust it off and PLAY.

Get a little momentum building and you will unleash your own energy.

Running full out all week and need a quiet moment?

Dial it back. Breath deep, slow it down, reel it back.

See how this works?




You are in charge.

Own your personal power.

Choose the energy level you need or want.
Why on earth would we move through the day without taking advantage of our own ability to govern this momentum?

Put a little pep in your step just because you can.

Peel yourself off the ceiling and quiet yourself because you choose to.


We often think that some external force announces how much energy we wake up with in the morning, or end up with at the close of our day.

Not so, my friends.

We either take a passive stance, and just exist without purposefully identifying our own control, or we own it.

Ask for support if you want it, need it ~ take friendly advise or counsel if and when it is offered ~ grow from it ~ Step up, learn, live, laugh, leap or languish . . . always choices always ...

 We Create what we want and need. I will always choose to own it.




Know that emotions are a huge part of all this.

Change your mood, change your energy, you will notice that your focus also changes and you will change your day.

If you are sad and down, want a lift; start the change with some physical activity or movement.






No, I am not talking about structured exercise this morning!

And yes, I get that many people feel that they are allergic to “exercise”.

I get that. Because we often consider exercise to be boring, repetitious and “good for you” in a mandated and rather repetitious punitive way.

I of course am talking about movement other than structured repetitive drudgery.

Here, I am talking about the easy stuff:
 twirling, dancing, stomping, clapping, beating the drum!
Put some sound with it.

Chant, or sing, or hum, or stomp.

Whatever works for you. Get moving.

Move your body.

Call up some energy because you can.

Because you need it, or want it.






This I promise you that this is not rocket science.

Hold your head up, put a smile on your face and turn your day around.

Motion reflects emotion, so, if you feel despondent, use your motion to move yourself out of that place.

Crank up the dial. Energize yourself!

Trust me, your mood will be elevated. Hard to keep your head and heart down once you get your body really going.




<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>




In the reverse, sit quietly to wind down, feel, really feel, each muscle relax.
This usually takes a bit longer than ramping it up.
Be still.********************* Be really still. Get your mind quiet by focusing on your body and your breathing, slow and easy breathing, gentle breaths.............................................

I start with my thoughts on my toes while calming myself down and breathing nice and slow. Mostly because they are the most distant from my ever running, busy head, when I find myself mentally hanging onto the knot at the end of my own rope! Yes, even DRSES has those times of stress from a busy day...

At any rate, once your toes are relaxed and happy, work on their closest friends, the feet. Then the calves, the rest of the legs, and on up the body. This is an old and common strategy. The whole process takes time and practice/patience.

The time you spend doing this with real concentration is partly why it works. Lots of practitioners use this to lead us to a relaxed state.

The more often we do it, the less time it takes to work our way up to the often too tense shoulders and face.

So, again, practice. I find that doing this in a quiet space helps too.

Can’t see getting to this state of utter relaxation going into a meeting or sitting in your car, while sitting at a traffic light! Some have tried multi-tasking I know... but probably not a good idea ~




You may be surprised that once your body is relaxed, once you have physically let the stress go, you can sit quietly, in a relaxed and dreamy state and just enjoy letting your thoughts drift and float about, without your having to work at it. The trick here is to stay on task.

If intrusive thoughts jump up, brush them away. They are an old habit.
Gently let them go, get back to working one little muscle at a time. If you find that you have dozed off, that’s OK too. A little refreshing nap never hurt anyone.




So whether you need to ramp it up and grab hold of the energy you already have stored deep inside, or you are already so cranked up, you need or want to reel it back in. You choose. You pilot your own spaceship.
You are powerful.

Many of you are already all you need to be.




Be well, be happy, make the right choices. Make this moment count for you.

Get a handle on how you call up your own energy.

You are the one with the energy dial.

 It’s always with you, ever ready to make the necessary adjustments

To those warriors out there today; fight on with amazing grace knowing there are powerful angels wrapping their arms around you, standing at the ready beside you always ~

Wherever you are whatever you are doing, may the sun shine on you today, may you dance into Monday with all that you need to do all that you must to make it wonderful!

And of course the fire is burning brightly being tended with reverence and care, the embers are bright and hot as well, thoughts being sent on the wind ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Walk In Beauty,

DRSES

http://www.drsherryeshowalter.com/

author of

Healing Heartaches, Stories of Loss and Life

available at: Amazon, Borders and
Infinity Publishing BBOTW.COM




14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good MORNING all!!
I'm here at work..after a week of leave...staring down over 300 emails!! Am I stressed? Nope....listening to some quartet music to start my day, and feeling energized!

Wanted to introduce you all, virtually, to a gal starting her 2nd week of Chemo for cervical cancer (cancer SUCKS!). She is Cindy Vance, and the sister of our head of physical security here at work. She has a great positive attitude, and is sure she will beat this...but could use some good energy her way.

Hubby is on his way to the Cayman Islands on this first week of his cruise ship gig. He is doing well, getting adjusted to this new life of his (temporary though it is)...and is excited to see new places. He says the quartet is doing well, and is very well received by the guests and other crew as well. They are a HIT! Which doesn't suprise me at all...

So...Music...dance....sing....all on a rainy chilly Monday morning....

Blessings to all
Liz

Irene said...

Today's blog: for me, the line that stuck out
was : You are the pilot of your own spaceship
Wow, I got a visual with that one !
Crank it up or down, energy does set the tone.
Cindy Vance: good luck on your journey
Hubby: cruise ship gig, how exciting !
Chris: how goes it up there ?
Dr. SES: 4 leggeds & coffee info = smiles.
HAVE A GREAT MONDAY, ALL, Make it count. IRM

Anonymous said...

Mornin all,
Mondays are the perfect time to ramp it up! 300 emails? DELETE, DELETE, DELETE! That was easy. Thanks Staples. You go girl! Great comments, full of energy. Cindy has been added to the awsome power of this groups thoughts. I applaud her attitude. Just like Chris she owns her own positive attitude! Gotta love that. A cruise ship? That my friend is a tough job. Poor hubby.... Hope the sun is shinging there. Liquid sunshine. Now that is an exquisite view of rain. Love to all you pilots as you rocket through this day!

CHRIS said...

Good morning all, yep-the energy is cranked up today--doing remarkably well..the advances in medical science is amazing! I come from the age of staying in the hospital for 5 days after you have a baby! now, 36 hours after the girls left I was discharged!WOW..heart transplant patients are dischaged after 3 or 4 days...that is amazing. Can anyone say 1 month???? maybe this is a sign that the taxes we have been complaining about for the past three decades really are working.!! I thank the Creator for that. He/She is watching over us all. HAVE A HAPPY MONDAY ALL!!

viridian.com/greendays said...

Happy Monday Everyone , and Happy Passover.
great energy in todays blogs - I Say turn up the Music - how about a little Barbara Sreisand
you can't help but BELT this one out; This is one of my ultimate favorites - you feel nothing but powerful after singing it - ENJOY !Sing along - LOUDLY !
Don't tell me not to fly, I've simply got to.
If someone takes a spill, it's me and not you.
Don't bring around a cloud to rain on my parade.
Don't tell me not to live, just sit and putter.
Life's candy and the sun's a ball of butter.
Who told you you're allowed to rain on my parade.
Chorus: I'll march my band out! I'll beat my drum!
And if I'm fanned out, your turn at bat, sir.
At least I didn't fake it. Hat, sir. I guess I didn't make it
But whether I'm the rose of sheer perfection,
Or a freckle on the nose of life's complexion,
The Cinderella or the shiny apple of it's eye.
I gotta fly once. I gotta try once.
Only can die once. Right, sir?
Ooh life is juicy. Juicy and you see
I gotta have my bite, sir.
Get ready for me love, 'cause I'm a "comer"
I simply gotta march, my heart's a drummer.
Don't bring around a cloud to rain on my parade.
I'm gonna live and live NOW!
Get what I want, I know how!
All that the law will allow!
One roll for the whole shebang!
One throw, that bell will go clang!
Tho' I'm alone I'm a gang! Eye on the target and wham!
One shot, one gun shot and bam!
Hey, Mr. Ornstein, here I am!
Chorus
Get ready for me life, 'cause I'm a 'comer'
I simply gotta march, my heart's a drummer.
Nobody, No nobody is gonna rain on my parade!

Anonymous said...

Thanks Joan, I don't recall that particular song but will pull out Barbara and sing along.
Just talked to Chris by phone. She is awsome! Working on recovery with all her great energy.
Laughing and joking. She is an amazing example of the power of positive thinking. Biopsy results due this Friday. Lets all see the result we want. What a warrior she is. Go Chris, fighting the battle and we will all be here to create the Victory Parade.
Great day to all.

Unknown said...

I am the pilot of my own spaceship. YEAH! Outerspace, just another place to conquer. Am all over it. Energy so ramped today I could go there even wihtout my spaceship. Just might, just because I CAN. Because I own my own ability to do whatever I set out to do. Can anyone say FEARLESS? Fearless I am. I cannot fail. Tony Robins also asked the question "What would you do if you knew you could not fail?" Failure is not even in my vocabulary. See it, believe it, recieve it. I'm all over it. Take off scheduled for noon today.

chris said...

Here is the question of the day--wasn't that song from Hello Dolly? If not, what play did it come from? Barbara has sung so many uplifting songs--too bad the younger generation won't listen to her or watch some of the old plays (South Pacfic-come to mind)They don't know what they are missing!!!

Anonymous said...

It was from Funny Girl 1975. Ask and you shall recieve! Talk about a high energy song! Thanks for the earlier update. Have been thinking about you. Keep up the good fight. We are all pulling for you.

viridian.com/greendays said...

correct - click this link : turn up the volume and enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6E2Mooz_LA

viridian.com/greendays said...

if link doesn't work, just type it in the search bar - this means you BUNNY :)

Anonymous said...

Youth is no excuse, at least not for me. So sad for the youth. Wish some of the old stuff got mixed in with today's music to broaden everyones exposure. Guess the kids find their rap energizing. Dating myself here. I personally can't hear most of the lyrics in rap. Old ears, deteriorated hearing or just good luck?
Best to all.

Anonymous said...

I think it might be old ears--we have heard all the noise that we want to hear so we selectivly listen.--

Anonymous said...

Monday, THE FIRE BURNS HOT AND FAST,,,,, FUELED BY POSITIVE ENERGY FLOW... THIS WILL SET THE PACE FOR THE WEEK AHEAD... personally, my week spent with my dear Dad , discussing and laughing and sharing his wisdom of the world....Peace to all of you...Heartfelt thanks to drses. ! Keep it rolling ! !