Sunday, March 7, 2010

SONGS FOR A SUNDAY MORNING THOUGHTS ~for me anyway ~

Patti LaBelle
Feelin The Power of The Music
Right After Talkin About Sister Jackie Who Died

Good morning world ~ Sunday Sunday, and here comes the Sun ~

Just read the wonderful comments of yesterday, laughed through many... coffee nice an hot, thoughts and music flowing, dogs wild with anticipation of COB's arrival!

A reader let me know I "should not request prayers" gotta tell ya, loved that one! Another asked about the questions I ask with multiple choice answers for responses! I love, did I mention love that readers of this page take the time, not only to visit, to think, meditate and share the page with others ... but then to comment!

Maybe it's Beethoven; perhaps its Coltrane or Lee Brewster on Violin, it may be Coldplay or Fourplay or the Upfront Band here in Pinellas County; it just might be the flute of Nakai, or then again Rita Coolidge . . . but there's no doubt about it, music is the major highway into the soul throughout the ages! It will speak to Healing Heartaches, joyous souls and celebrations and has done that since the beginning of time with Mother Earths first heart-beat. Just maybe it is M.C. Hammer, Mary J Blige, 50Cent, Zamphir, or even your local band in your town... It could be Nancy Sinatra, it could be the one and only Barbara Streisand.... it could be jazzy and hip hop... It really doesn't matter so much "what it is" only that it IS!
It is the rhythm of life, of all that has ever been ~ all that is ~ all that will ever be ~ and we are a part of it all~

So grab your tea, your coffee and cocoa, cos' Da Bear is has emerged from the den with many thoughts this chilly Florida morning and has a fresh pot of coffee!  Oh, before I get really cranked up... it is probably best to know, I'm going to make thoughts, requests, pleas from time to time; remember I'm the one who wrote: "there is no shame in asking for what you need/want" ~

"Storms Never Last Do They Baby" by Jessi Colter will pierce your soul and talk to you like an old friend, her husband Waylon Jennings would look lovingly at her on a stage, with a raspy voice and sing, "I`ve got a couple more years on you baby that`s all, I`ve had more chances to fly and more places to fall. That`s not that I`m wiser it`s just that I`ve spent more time with my back to the wall!" Stories in the music, all stories that touch and mean something to so many, but only when one is ready to receive the messages.

Then Waylon and Willie and the boys, would get together and go all over the place and sing, party and play. It has been said that Willie Nelson is a modern age prophet of sorts, I would say that is true. And let me share this about that: his sister Bobbie can sure tickle some ivory, while Mickey Raphael can play a harmonica that makes you wanna slap your Mother, (not COB of course)haha
and he is fine, just fine to look at!
Now on to Willie; I once had a bear outfitted for Willie Nelson and presented it to him at a concert! It was wearing a red bandanna, Willie's signature guitar strap of red/white/blue and a itty bitty guitar with itty/bitty signatures just like Wilie's and even had a hole in it!
I also gave him a belt, you know a belt you wear around your britches? I made that belt and it had the words to just about every song title in it; it was a work of art... I was much younger then!!!

So on to Willie Nelson, the prophet of singing the songs and playin' the music ~ that carry the messages to so many. I will share just a few and leave the "research to you" should you want to "dig a little deeper"! I remember hearing Willie Nelson and Ray Charles together as they belted this one out, I felt it within like a clash of thunder and lightning; still do to this day at times ~
"There were seven Spanish Angels at the alter of the Sun, they were praying for the lovers in the valley of the guns,When the battle stopped and the smoke cleared; there was thunder from the throne. And seven Spanish Angels ~ took another angel home".
\Then there was, "Angel Eyes", ever hear that one? Angel Eyes, the blues you can live without are not what the songs' about, Angel Eyes, tell me what would we do without those Angels Eyes"...  Deep words, deep meanings...
One that I think of today is : "My Love Of The Rose", and its words are this, "Was it something I did a lifetime ago? Am I just now repayin' a debt that I owe? Justice sweet justice, you travel so slow... But you can't change my love for the rose"!!!

Yep, did I mention I love me some Patti LaBelle? Talk about loss/grief/hope in healing, Patti has been there, seen and gone through it. She heals through the music; uses the platform of a stage to talk it through, to sing it through and dance it through and the energy she puts out leaves her weak so very very weak at the end of a show!
That weakness is not just because of what she is doing as a musical artist, that depth of weakness is a result of doing the grief work, the soul work, of giving it all and putting it ALL out there at once and of receiving so much love and support and divine intervention to go on at the same time. Does that make sense? Are you feeling me on this Sensational Sunday morning here?

Have you ever watched video of "Uncle Ray" Ray Charles at that piano... from the moment he touched the keys, the music came from deep within him, moving into his feet, through and up his legs, his torso, his heart ~ the swagga, the sway ~ and then he opened his mouth, a genius in front of the world ~

"'America The Beautiful" never heard the same way again for me, tears in my eyes, heart swollen with pride, brother Ray did me in; national anthem for me.  "Hit The Road Jack" laughed til I cried, "Unchain My Heart" ah, his voice, his piano, his brilliance. Ray is playin in heaven with so many I just know he is.
"It's Cryin Time Again"... go ahead, just pull my heart from my chest and stomp on it... and then he goes and sings, "I can't stop Lovin You"... can we ever stop once we start?

The music will get ya, no doubt about it... watched a great comedy last night, it was Taylor Perry, "I can do Bad All By Myself", what a funny movie with a poignant message. Now if you want something to think about, take a listen to Mary J Blige sing, "I can do BAd All by MYSELF", and then sweet sweet Gladys Knight take us back a few years with her song, "The Need To Be" and I particularly loved the gospel and the energy that filled my heart and the laughter that filled my home... As Gladys says in her soulful and spiritual filled self while singing, "I am what I am... And I have the need to BE"

Here comes the bright and most beautiful sun today!
Greetings to all!
To Chris in NY; got your warpaint on friend? You sure do have a lot of folks and angels here sending you wishes, thoughts and prayers on the wind ~
To FIRM ~ play on
To Apex ~ she who is whole, enjoy your day, each breath, each decorated and strung egg on the tree, with deep gratitude to you in talking through the moccasin telegraph of Healing Heartaches
To DB & Tink ~ Love is all I can give today
To all ~ you are in my heart
Did I mention?  COB IS COMING IN 3 DAYS~

I leave you with this and hope you will give it a listen ~ Words are POWERFUL, POWER - FILLED and intention is filled from my heart to yours... but sometimes the music, the beat, the strings.... the horns...

Josh Groban is a man whose voice soothed our souls as we drove to CT to bury a man that we loved unconditionally. A man who was so very special and a light that still burns brightly. His name was Enso Bighinatti (you can find his memoirs at the American Red Cross which he typed with the assistance of my bestest friend Dorothy L Brown WITH ONE FINGER).
We listened and absorbed the words of this song to hold our pain of loss ~ Years later, Dorothy tells me many a time she will be thinking of Bighi and this song will come on the radio; in the car, in the grocery store, in places where you would just not expect to hear it even.... Messages from Bighi?  Yeppers :)

So I close my thoughts today with the words of "You Raise Me Up" as a fitting tribute to our "Bighi" a man who sat with Presidents, ambassadors and started the first disaster relief of the American Red Cross; our friend, our hero, and we miss him ~

When I am down and, oh my soul, so weary;


When troubles come and my heart burdened be;

Then, I am still and wait here in the silence,

Until you come and sit awhile with me.

You raise me up, so I can stand on mountains;

You raise me up, to walk on stormy seas;

I am strong, when I am on your shoulders;

You raise me up... To more than I can be.

(SING)

You raise me up, so I can stand on mountains;

You raise me up, to walk on stormy seas;

I am strong, when I am on your shoulders;

You raise me up... To more than I can be.

(I SAID SING EVERYONE) HAHA

There is no life - no life without its hunger;

Each restless heart beats so imperfectly;

But when you come and I am filled with wonder,

Sometimes, I think I glimpse eternity.



You raise me up, so I can stand on mountains;

You raise me up, to walk on stormy seas;

I am strong, when I am on your shoulders;

You raise me up... To more than I can be.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

You raise me up, so I can stand on mountains;

You raise me up, to walk on stormy seas;

I am strong, when I am on your shoulders;

You raise me up... To more than I can be.


~ ~ ^ ^ ^ ~ ~ ~
You raise me up... To more than I can be
 
OK, I'M DONE FOR NOW!!!
 
Gotta go, our pal, Chris is calling from New York to tell me how "Bearly Bear" is doing today.
 
Singing prayers of thanksgiving and gratitude to Wilma Mankiller on the sun and wind and 7 ways ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
 
 
Look forward to hearing from you, singing you to me, wherever you are, whatever you are doing today,
sure hope you are having the best day ever ~ ~ ~
 
Walk In Beauty
 
DRSES
 
http://www.healingheartaches.com/
 
you can subscribe to these blogs and receive them, you can click on "follow" and follow here; you can click on the facebook fan page and join ~ so many options huh?
 
Out of coffee now? heehe
 
http://www.etsy.com/  to see Joans Jewelry put Healing Heartaches in search bar and then look for jgrusso2010!

















































10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lee Brewster on violin...that's AWESOME! That's my wonderful and talented hubby (yes..available on iTunes and CD Baby!!). I am listening to Ego Likeness...specifically the song Now Until Forever. "Meet me at the Crossroads, where we will come together. Nothing else will matter, from now until forever". Music is everywhere...birds, wind thru the trees, sound of your own feet on the driveway. I'm off today to see friends and spend time over coffee just laughing and catching up. It's beautiful outside..not too cold..sun shining from a flawless blue sky. Music in that as well...music in everything!

May everyone hear their own music today....and rejoice in it!

Anonymous said...

Thank God for CD's. How else could we possibly keep it all, and play and replay so many. Music expresses so many feelings and messages. I am awed at the talent out there. The poetry in the songs. glad that we can borrow "theme songs" for a while, or for a lifetime. Sometimes I hear a song and it recaptures a special time in my life. I look back and have to smile. The feelings flood back. Thank you for sharing all these special songs. Thnak you for reminding us to connect through music. Ever notice how music in the background not only sets a mood but can gift us energy when we most need it? I don't know how Ipods work but see lots of people lost in their music, bobbing their heads, moving to the music in their own ears. Looks good on them. Maybe I'll investigate an Ipod. I do know that music fills my world with light, harmony and feeling. What a wonderful gift. One that I give myself every time I turn on a CD or resort to the radio. Yeah me!
I encourage everyone to listen to something you especially like today. Enjoy!

chris said...

ok an I POD would be good--if one was tech enough to run it andload it--I might have to have the grandaughter do it for me. I'm lucky enough to get on facebook and this blog and e-mail. Music comes to me thru the radio and CD's- even my phone is supposed to me an MP3 and I can't figure it out--I guess the grNdaughter will do it for me while I'm in the hospital....funny farm here I come!!

Irene said...

Hey, Chris, I do not have an IPod, either, don't know the first thing about them, so don't feel alone. My cell phone is a player also and the nephew loaded songs on for me.
Same ones, still there 2 yrs ago.
Hope you are listening to tunes and doctors.
COB is coming to T S Fla this week !
Cob: please, I need another hint.... it's killin' me, not knowing or able to guess.
Come on, now !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
MUSIC is the magic, magic is the MUSIC.
Love it all, any kind, lyrics, matter.
Big TODD RUNDGREN fan, heart pulls when I hear him.........
Oscar arrivals on now, sorry so shallow, but I wait all year for this. Have not seen ONE
movie nominated, but love to watch the stars.
Prayers to all, writers / readers /
EyesScream !

Anonymous said...

Can't Operate Bra= COB. YES?

Anonymous said...

.*✯\ * /✯ *.
.* -- ★--‧ *.
.✯.*/.\.✯*.
. .* ./ .*. .
...../.....
..../ ✯ ✯ ✯
Many blessings & sweetest of dreams to all who have found their way here.
Let the night restore us so we can rejoice in the dawn.

Anonymous said...

Hey, just could not go to sleep without saying the Oscars was wonderful. So many people won for the first time and Sandra Bullock, you are the greatest. She just tells it like it is and that is it. I got so many clues for COB, I had to stay up much later than I usually do, after all tomorrow is another day and a work day. How about this one or two for COB?

CRANKY OBNOXIOUS BUTTHOLE
CERTIFIED ORGANIC BANANA
CYNICAL ORGANIZED BOOR
CHILDISH OFFENSIVE BRAT.

COME ON COB OR WHOEVER YOU ARE AND LET US KNOW IF WE ARE GETTING CLOSE. THIS IS A GOOD ONE, BUT I AM SLEEPY AND TIRED. SOME OF US HAS TO GO TO WORK. KEEP ON TRYING AND I CAN BET YOU SOMEONE WILL WIN, DONT KNOW WHAT, BUT WILL ALWAYS BE A WINNER WHEN READING THE BLOGS. BLESSINGS TO ALL.

Vicki said...

Wow...another Music Blog! Love it!
Great!!!
Chris...I am praying for you!!!
Hurry up and get well & back to Florida!!

I put my answers (today) on the quiz from yesterday...

Sherry...Hope you have a wonderful time with your Mom, COB!!

Blessings to all here!!

DrSES said...

re: COB, you are getting closer!!!!

to all, so happy and dancing that you enjoyed myu dancing and singing thoughts, whispers of music always being sent your way

drumming for all, hello Ms V ! When you see COB around expect her to hug you and laugh an uproar with all she has been reading, hugs are just how we roll~! ME? I'm leaving town right before she arrives for five days heehe

Anonymous said...

How dare you leave your beautiful, darling Mother before she gets to Fl.. I am gonna tell you to read Healing Heartaches. Bet she will be stuck with those beautiful little dogs. Oh No.