Wednesday, March 3, 2010

How To Drink Coffe With Healing Heartaches On A Wednesday!

SURE is COLD this MORNING
Good The Seeds Are Underground!

~ ~ ~
Good Wednesday Mornin' to me and you all ~
From the comments of last blog, it appears we have some new folks stopping in who have NOT read
HEALING HEARTACHES, STORIES OF LOSS AND LIFE!
QUIZ TIME: If you read Healing Heartaches, what does "Wado" mean? and... Is there a place in Healing Heartaches that allows the reader to contact the author?
~

Welcome!

And, how do I know you don't have your very own autographed copy? heehe.... you ask?

A. You ask what is a "Donelewega"  B. You ask what is "Wado" C. You do not know the answers to the quiz C. You say you have no sense of humor!
~

WELCOME TO THIS PAGE FRIENDS ~

It may be helpful to all to re-read some of my thoughts and it may be fun for all to "go back" and re-read the comments and thoughts of others on previous blogs and comments at later hours than you post yours!
I am finding that you post your thoughts/feelings/reactions, comments on past blogs, present blogs at all hours and times!  And I say to you...
GREAT! And I am filled with great appreciation and often amazed that you are finding this blog at all!

~ ~ ~

Brrr, another cold morning here in "Sunny, Warm Florida... where the tourists come to escape the cold winters...  Furnaces are running all over the country, kids in their mittens sick to death of snow and chapped lips; tired backs are seeking gifted Chiropractors like Dr Kevin Gallagher, and sniffling noses are being heard here in Florida where pale skin and crazed surf boarders are hitting the Gulf and not heeding the warnings of rough seas....

And I'm wondering how Tink plans to keep that caterpillar safe and sound! haha
~ ~ ~
But for now, let us get to mindfulness, to the moment and be present.
So right here, right now, let's embrace this moment, be it cold, cloudy, windy or otherwise. 
B-R-E-A-T-H-E and feel the power of that breath, the beauty of that moment, the absolute joy of that moment that is yours!



Yes, we wait patiently for what is to be, without forgetting to celebrate this very moment.

 
While we hold our dreams of tomorrow in our hearts, we must not forget to live in the present. To be present in whatever space we find ourselves. While we hold sacred our unique histories, and the memories they evoke. We honor precious memories of those who have gone before us, we, must live in this moment.

This moment is precious. This day is valuable. We have an opportunity to touch another life. To give thanks for the life we have. To treasure the memories of loved ones, and to appreciate the people in our lives now that we hold dear.

With this sip of coffee/tea/cocoa; enjoy it, be mindful, be present of its aroma; it's taste; enjoy, really enjoy it. Cultivate your soul with it, right here and right now.


So while we value the future, dream each dream with color and passion. Fill the canvas with all the details of that which we are creating for tomorrow. We must honor today, right here, right now ~ Perhaps with that coffee or tea you have beside you as you read this! Meditate with it, find your joy... dig deep within you for the light to warm your seeds and nurture your very soil. 


As we catch and feel the breeze that fills our lungs with today’s chill air. Watch, yes I said "watch" the wind as it will chase the clouds across the sky. Hear the sounds of nature around us. We celebrate today. Clouds that once were in your vision will always be... they do not go away, they are just gone from your vision. What was once, always is! Always nearby, always moving and changing, but always a thought away... watching us from a distance.

Practice patience. Practice random acts of kindness. Be kind to ourselves. Be kind to others. Wrap this day in tenderness with your breath, with mindfulness, plant that seed deep within, it will burst forward into the light and seen by others its beauty brilliant to all ~ 






Speak softly, feel deeply, dance if you want to, hold up the sky because you can. Offer up an affirmation for peace, contentment, and gratitude, because we should. Defy Gravity, you know that you can if you choose to ~ ~ ~


Because we are deeply caring people, and the world is better for that. Our caring matters to others. Others matter to us.

"Love is a fruit in season at all times, and within reach of every hand" {Mother Teresa}  I hope you will enjoy fruit with your mindful tea or coffee this morning and throughout your day.

Wherever you are ... Whatever you are doing ...

I wish you laughter, I wish you joy, I wish you enough


Walk In Beauty

DRSES

author of

Healing Heartaches, Stories of Loss and Life

http://www.drsherryeshowalter.com/

http://www.etsy.com/jgrusso2010











11 comments:

Irene said...

Brrrrr ba brrrrrrr ba brrrrrrrrr
Sorry for complaining, but the bones just cannot take much more of these days of cold !
Where's the warm SUN ?
C O B : I give up

Will you EVER reveal it ? or MUST we guess

I will wrap myself around all you spoke of in today's blog. I will do it. I will force myself to remember it all and live it today and always. I MUST change the inner turmoil, re-direct the positive to face forward.
Thanks Dr. SES and all who comment. We learn from each other, share and help.
Till tomorrow, or whenever, I remain, FIRM

Anonymous said...

Titles,like names are important.
"How to drink coffee with Healing Heartaches...."
Well...cold, windy, wet, snowy days seem to make us want more of our favorite hot beverage. This is good. While it is possible, it is hard to become over-hydrated.
So....if you are on your 3rd or 4th cup of warmth, here's some more fun if you have given up on COB.
Notice we are never given the species of butterfly, nor are we given the kingdom, family, genus, order, class, etc of any of the beautiful and glorious flowers. One helpful fan taught me how to enlarge and magnify the photos and it is peaceful to meditate upon the flower or butterfly, absorb every piece of cilia or silky hairs on the stem, look at the leaf pattern. etc. Then you can enjoy discovering the names of Natures's Healing Gifts. Tip: Your North American field guide may not work. A Canadian field guide will help you reap greater rewards.

Yes, Irene we do learn from each other and there are FB fans on this page as far away from New Zealand who will teach us computer art.

....*¨* .¸.•´¯`ه` ه` ه
(¯`l¯ ♥¯l∕ ∕ه` ه` ه` ه` ه
,`„ l___¸∕♥ Sprinkled with healing energy

chris said...

sure is a beautiful day even tho it's COLD
and windy AGAIN! But saw a baby hawk on my tree outside the lanai and stood there for at least 30 mins hoping he would be able to find some morsel to eat. Of course he didn't and the brave cat just froze!! wouldn't move--I can only guess what she was thinking--DAMN the bird is bigger than me!! Had a good laugh at the whole scene. Mother Nature sure knows how to wake people up sometimes. Doesn't she?

Anonymous said...

"GOOD THE SEEDS ARE UNDERGROUND!"

I love this exclamation. The seeds may be buried in dark, cold, hard soil, but it's the best place for them to be. What if wherever we are today, it is the best place for us to be?

Early morning I was annoyed, this workshop I was just "dying" to attend was cancelled due to snow. Yes, I will be getting a full refund, but I WANTED to go to this workshop. I had been looking forward to it for a month!

So - on this dark day with melting snow, I had to create my very own workshop. I decided to envelop myself in a full day of creativity, as it is my personal belief our Creator has put or kept us on this earth to create. Hands were getting tired with one project, so I decided to re-read Healing Heartaches. ( Feel free to Highlight....it does not bleed through )
I retreated to my upstairs office ( heat rises ) and somewhat sunny window to read. Well as I was reading, the sun began to shine and the hum of the mail truck neared. See, I needed to be home to watch over my shoulder as my letter carrier tried numerous attempts to just jam a tube ( with Healing Heartaches posters in my box ) He tried all these different methods, he tried to rubber band the tube to my box, he tried to tie it on....this was BETTER than my workshop. He finally came to my door, rang my bell and was rewarded with a piece of Swiss chocolate.

I needed to witness the sun shining the brighest it had all day, and the efforts of the letter carrier while reading the book!
See the carrier wanted the easy way out...but he needed to get out of the truck.

So - to the Book Club in Asheville. I honor and commend you for having a book club. I love book clubs. It is much easier to host a book club with a bestseller, especially if Oprah picked the book. You magically had a list of questions, a study guide, food suggestions, etc. Usually Amazon immediately priced her selections at 40% off.
It is more challenging to host a book club with an author's first book. BUT....enjoy the challenge.

PS. Healing Heartaches mentions needing more than Dorothy's ruby slippers. If you READ The Wizard of OZ , you will learn the slippers were silver. They just made them ruby red for the movie. Just like we try to pretty up death & dying...grief & grieving........

And while our brains are going crazy trying to figure out COB ....who knows what the OZ in the Wizard of OZ stands for?

Glad you got to see the baby hawk chris.....

She Who Is Whole

Anonymous said...

To Chris, Know that we do love you. I am glad you are part of our Blog a'family". I love hearing form everyone. The blogs hold their own magic and the comments cause me to reread the blogs in case I missed a reference. Thanks to all the readers. A warm and devoted following seems to be growing. This is awesome. I don't use facebook or tweeter or other social communication sites so this is all very special to me. Sooooooo sad about poor Ashville.
Will have to check out a Canadian Audobon guide and pursue the flower names. Canada? How did you figure that out? A sleuth among us. Good job.
Good night all. Rest well. Be well. Until tomorrow...

Anonymous said...

Ok, this time I think I have it. COB.
Corney Obnoxious Booger. or Christian Old Testament Believer, or maybe Crappy Oily Biscuteater. I REFUSE to give up! How many possible combinations can there possibly be. Can you at least ok any one part of the COB we may guess correctly so that we can build on some success her?

Anonymous said...

Now...lets think about COB.

Someone said that they know what the it stands for...they just do not remember the C part.
That tells us it is an Acronym!

Think I recall reading that she got the name at the beach and does not swim well???

Could the OB part of it be for Over Board?

Oh...if you magnify the pictures big enough, you will see where they are taken and # of pixels...though you will get a great picture to meditate upon and there are sites that CHARGE you for healing photos for meditation purposes!

Anonymous said...

May we enjoy "fruit" with our bedtime snack.
as we nourish our bodies as well as our souls.

ƸӜƷ
.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`• ƸӜƷ
peace & blessings upon you

Anonymous said...

About those caterpillars
How do those fragile beings break out of the cocoon? Does the cocoon get so very tight they can't stand the pain, so they cry many tears that moisten the cocoon and help it open?

Vicki said...

Hi Sherry,

Nice blog today!
You sure are getting alot of response to your blog...which is great!
On COB....how about "Crazy Old Broad" or "Cranky Old Broad"
LOL...
It will be nice when it warms up here in sunny Florida!!
Hope things are going great for you!

Anonymous said...

Get rid of C.O.B??? how could you even think of getting rid of the challenge. What would I do all day? I would probably sit here in my recliner and be so depressed I would refuse to read the Dr. SES wonderful stories and all about Healing Heartaches, by the way I have read the book twice. Oh yes, some of you have gotten just a tiny bit close, do you think I really should give you a few hints??? I dont think so, not just yet. I am having too much fun. Keep trying and dont hold back on your words. I am an adult. hee hee. Maybe from the Wizard of Oz. I may even follow the yellow brick road and wear those beautiful red shoes. Put a smile on your face and in your heart.