Thursday, March 4, 2010

Truly Amazing ~ Healing Heartaches ~


Lily The Black Bear's Baby,
HOPE
Alone in The Den!

WoW... Thursday morning . . . and I am truly amazed. Filled with just joy, grace, gratitude
feeling like a little kid at Christmas!

Thank you one and all
Thank you Researchers in Ely MN for allowing the world to witness Lily as she prepared for and gave birth to her cub via live web cam... for the wonderment of being "glued" and listening for those sounds of the little one, of watching and participating in each moment! The world has been able to put "self" aside and join in as a bear in her den does what bears do, without human interruptions or efforts at helping!
Did I mention that Lily the Bear now has more than 86,000 fans on her Facebook fan page?

HOPE is our cubbie's name... and hope has been the theme of my thoughts for the last several days . . .
I just love it!

WOW ~ Been reading the remarkable and amazing comments from around the globe?
I am amazed; and I am honored.
Now I have to tell you... the artwork on these comments really took my breath away, how bout you?

To our reader who missed was re-reading Healing Heartaches from the upstairs office ~
What a wonderful image I got reading your words, and how wonderful that your posters arrived right to the door on a cold and snowy day
Very funny indeed, and
hope you liked the posters and bookmarks ~

New Zealand? I am so very happy to hear that... Perhaps other readers will post their states/countries to give an idea of where they are reading/writing from.

~ ~ ~
There is a remarkable woman that I would like to introduce all readers to this morning. I would like to ask all to "whet your breath" and send strength, love to this remarkable woman today, and in the days ahead.
Wilma Mankiller
The first woman Chief of the Cherokee People
was diagnosed with Stage IV Pancreatic Cancer yesterday; she is a Warrior, a Woman of greatness, a Woman of the Cherokee
A Woman who will hear your prayers and feel your strength.
To you all I say "Wado" and so it is!
Mankiller, I am grateful for you, your vision,
your love and all that you are to so many,
I love you.
~ ~ ~

My thoughts are many this morning, but so much to do, so I must be brief... not my strong suit with my thoughts though...
Regarding COB... hahahaha
C
Ole
B

~~~

As we tend to matters of the heart, warming ourselves, our homes, our hearts on yet another cold day across the country . . .
I keep thinking of the importance of being present, be mindful of all that is within in order to fully appreciate all that surrounds us.
I am mindful of the aroma of the coffee, the wonderful steam that is coming from this cup and am grateful for it, the taste, the smells that fill my senses and the many memories that it calls forth.
I can remember a time when the Elders could measure a perfect pot by the hand; no spoon or fancy gadgets required, just a hand or fistful!

Perhaps many great decisions have been made across the globe over a cup of tea, a pot of coffee... many discussions of both great and small held gathered around kitchen tables; coffee smells filling the rooms, cups and boxes of kleeenex nearby, just in case they may be needed.

During those times, it just may be that great and small seeds were also planted at those times, those moments of reflection, times of mindfulness, times of meditations and mediation's !

Whether drinking a cup of tea, a cup of coffee; partaking in a fresh piece of fruit ~ It is possible to live in the here and now. It is possible to experience amazing grace within and nourish self  and in turn fertilize your seeds and burst forward to others with rich and cultivated ideas and rich and cultivated blooms of beauty with each smile, each breath, each day ~ being really alive, really present.
Of course there will be those times when "escaping" to the more pleasant moments are also a great release from the stress of your day! Dolphins and butterflies and days on the water come to mind; as to great times of music ~

The absolute best you will ever give to another is your presence, your ability to really be able to be there without distraction of the past, or fear of the future.

Yes, the seeds are buried and safe from the cold and windy weathers of winter... the extended and tiring cold that so many are continuing to cope with. Snow in Atlanta, Asheville, Charlotte? Fear of more? Anxiety?
Recognize the fear, the anxiety... Look it in the eye whatever it is. Embrace it tenderly, like you would a soft bloom trying to make its way from the cold and hardened ground... As you do this you will find ways to handle that emotion, you will face it, you will control it and you will find relief.
~~ ~

When you do those things you will notice the anxiety lessens, you will nurture the soft bloom of troubles and you will nurture you through the cold and into the warmth of our own light.

In a way you will transform your anxiety and fears into your garden of hope ~

Think of anxiety and fear as your little seeds that you must nurture and care for in order for them to grow into something beautiful and wonderful, something that you never dreamed possible!

And with that in mind...
I wish you a great Thursday!

Wherever you are
 and
whatever you are up to today,

Take Best Care Of YOU,

Walk In Beauty

DRSES

author of

Healing Heartaches, Stories of Loss and Life





16 comments:

Anonymous said...

C Ole B. Hummm. What a special gift , this picture of HOPE the little cubby. Would have missed that all together. As for being present in the moment. You are right. Easy to look back, easier to be consumed with worrying about the future, twitching and twirling with anxiety, and missing this very moment that I have the ability and power to enjoy. Will work today on "being present in the moment. Think I should reserve the backup plan to keep in reserve a bit of escapism when the moment is wrong. Sometimes I escape mentally to a vision of the water, or dolphins, or laughter when the going gets tough. But for today I will be present. Sending good vibes out to Chris and all the other readers this AM.

Unknown said...

Early morning, and as cold as it is here, the cub's cave is much colder! And the poor little thing doesn't have coffee :-)

Being present in the moment is difficult for some, as there is so much going on in the present, they think "how can I possibly stop long enough to be mindful?". I know that I have thought that myself. It actually only takes about 2 minutes to get focused, become present, and change your whole attitude for the day.

Thanks for the reminder....I will step calmly thru my day, being mindful of the good things I have in my life..Many blessings to you,

Anonymous said...

Will send good thoughts and love to Wilma Mankiller today, and hold her in my heart as she moves through this journey. Thank you for telling us about her. Bravo Cherokee Nation for having the first female Chief. Who thinks of Native Americans as progressive? Can you tell us more about the Cherokee tribe. I for one would be very interested. Maybe a mini series? I learn so much from this blog.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the response on COB. So we all have the middle word. OLE. Now for the C and B this has been fun and challenging to play with. How many more choices are there? COB, if you read this blog, any hints? Where did this mysterious nickname come from? Maybe that will help us.

Irene said...

Morning to all.
C: cuddoly OLE B: Bear ??
I so look forward to the early morning blogs
with my coffee. Dr. SES, you do aide in my day's tone. You help me set the pace with a thought, peaceful direction & I MUST remind myself when the struggle of stress takes over me. I have become remakrably calm these last 2 weeks, scarey, actually. The tears are flowing strongly in quiet moments, terrible flashbacks of times of sorrow, flooding, cascading, engulfing. I shake it off thinking of the strength and messages in your words and advice. I am NOT self=absorbed and want the other readers to know I have no verbal outlet that comforts me more than this time of the day
" BEAR" with me, all. Have a great day and life............. ICE SCREAM !

Anonymous said...

Hope we are all sending healing energy to Wilma Mankiller, Chris, Irene, and all readers near and far away.
As far as more information on the Cherokees, even if you go to a huge regional or university library, you will be able to find the "history" meaning the facts.
However, finding any Native American prayers, including Cherokee is more challenging. You usually find one or two somewhere in a book.
One of my doctors, being part Cherokee, tells me this is done on "purpose." It makes it more special, somewhat esoteric.
Now, I did check to make sure this doctor has a valid license and in some states that include the "underprivilged" doctors may bill on a sliding scale.
Which really has me sort of wondering as I prepare for my appointment today....I hope this does not mean a larger fee will yield me a prayer.
"Don't take or give wooden nickles."

Anonymous said...

Been noticing a trend here....the early comments & the late day comments.
And the occasional noontime/perhaps lunchbreak comment.

Seeds of anxiety & fear, oh my!
Lions and Tigers and Bears, oh my!
What did Dorothy do, the Dorothy in the Wizard of Oz? Something makes me think that the beautiful, rare black pearl Dorothy just may have done the same.

We may not always like the road ahead of us. Really, now does anyone "like" doctor's appointments, hearing sad news, and the such...but we must put one foot in front of the other.

We may come across many scary things, but the tin man, the lion, and the scarecrow were anything but scary...they were HELPFUL!
Perhaps, some of the scariest people or the most challenging ones may be our greatest gifts.

Going back to being on this earth to create, we are really more empowered than we think. It does not matter who will be seeing today or not seeing. Pay attention to your body language, hold your head up high ( especially for us short statured ones, don your piece of power jewelry, maybe some lipstick, and have a sense of purpose as you return to the road ahead of you today.

Holding others in prayer will get you out of your head and your problems.
It is okay if we step off the road for a little bit, but we need to get back on to be able to view the garden we are creating.
Actually, anxiety or anticipation can be a very good "friend" when you nurture it.
♥ Live ♥ Love ♥ Laugh
Somewhere over the Rainbow ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫

Janeth said...

Working in D.C., I can tell you it is a fact that many decisions are taken at tables with cups of coffee... It seems an indispensable tool to get everyone going... By the way, D.C. is finally recognizing same sex marriages!! Some couples cried out of happiness when they found out! I feel very happy for them too!

And it makes me think of "living the day, living today" and putting aside our anxiety and fears... That is something my husband tells me all the time too: "to live the day to the max" and is something you just reminded me of as well... Sometimes, there is so much going on in our lives that it is hard to take time to "smell the flowers" but with your reminder today, I think I will take time to go around the office for a walk today, take a deep breath, enjoy the sunlight outside, and take a look at that beautiful sky that graces and beutifies the D.C. area every-day.

Xoxo's to you Comforter

Anonymous said...

Of course COB reads theses comments and she even comments. The comment that was published 3 times was probably written by COB, don't you think?

Anonymous said...

Thanks, D.C.

Anonymous said...

Thank you!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for introducing us to Wilma Mankiller.
Not only can we hold her in prayer,
BUT
we can also read her books, so as she battles her illness, many will be reading her works.
There is even a cookbook, The chief cooks.

chris said...

my thoughts and prayers to Wilma Mankiller, may her journey be peaceful. It is a tough road to walk but she is not walking alone. All of us will help her in her journey. I know the angels will be walking with her.

Anonymous said...

❀¸.•*¨ƸӜƷ
✿¸ Laughter is timeless,
( `❀.¸ Imagination has no age,
`✿.¸ )¸¸ And dreams are forever.
Hope & Healing to Wilma, Chris, Irene, and all who find their way here
¸.❀´¸.✿*´¨) ¸.❀*¨)
(¸.✿´ (¸.❀` *(`'✿.¸¸.✿ ♥
Angels watching over you, everywhere you go♥

Anonymous said...

C.O.B
Creepy Old Buzzard

Cute old Bobbysocker

Crafted Ornate Box

I know one of these has to be it.???

Anonymous said...

OLE DOES NOT FIT IN WITH C.O.B

SORRY ABOUT THAT. NO COB DOES NOT WRITE THE COMMENTS OF WHAT IT STANDS FOR, SO SORRY MY FRIENDS KEEP TRYING.