Monday, March 1, 2010

HOW YOU CAN HELP HEALING HEARTACHES ~ MARCH 1

MONDAY MORNIN
Here comes the Light, He/She Did It Again!
Little Seeds ~ From the darkness
Into the LIGHT

Let the light in, always. The little seed huddled in the dark is protected from the cold. It germinates silently in the dark, moist soil. Then, when it is ready, the warmth of the newly strengthened sun brings it forth to the surface, to form a bud, grow a wee bit stronger, soak up the light and eventually burst forth and bloom.


There are times when you must plant a seed and wait. Sit quietly and let nature nurture the seed. For by doing nothing, the seed will germinate and bring forth it’s bloom. We do indeed reap what we sow. When circumstances have sown the seeds of grief, they burst forth at their own pace. For each journey back to the light is unique. There is a season for everything. And so it is with grief. We cannot rush the seasons, nor dictate their length. We must allow the seasons to come, and to change. Just as grief can be a long dark night, eventually the sun will rise again. The hope for tomorrow will return.


Slowly perhaps, but the hope flickers dimly at first, then grows stronger over time. We must maintain hope, faith, belief...


The message being.


Lend a light. Be the light, for someone in the cold dark space of grief or depression. That space moistened many tears. They too will benefit from the pull the light has on all of us. Provide them with warmth and light. A waiting bright space where they can feel the warmth. This is in my opinion best done with a warm smile, a cup of coffee, a gift of your time, a gift of your caring friendship, the gift of presence without judgment, presence without time-restrictions.

We do not know the moment when the light will reach them. So stay strong, be patient, and just offer caring and support. For many, the grief seed is planted deep. The flower cannot be jerked form the soil on demand, nor can the heavy hearted be dragged from their grief, but must be coaxed by warmth, and light and time. Gently nurtured….


And so my friends, provide the light. Gift the warmth of your caring and nurturing to someone in pain. Be not demanding, nor dismissive of the very real sorrow and the desire to linger longer in the comfort of grief. For when the griever is ready, you may have provided the light needed nudge them into the warmth of healing.

Know that just because that you and society want them to re-join the dance of life, they are on their own time in their journey... and quite often it will not be the same as what others want.

“A smile is the lighting system of the face, the cooling system of the head and the heating system of the heart” Author Unknown.


Wherever you are and whatever you are doing today,
I wish you enough...
Carry your copy of Healing Heartaches with you, as one reader says... "Put it in the hands of another, talk to them about the life affirming stories that are between the covers"!

OOPS... almost forgot!

Lily and cubbie are doing great and cubbie stood up on the 27Th! http://www.bear.org/ to see them! Boy does she have a great set of "pipes" when she screams ~

Apex NC is planning to start a book club at their local Borders called?  HEALING HEARTACHES !!!

A reader in Asheville NC asked ladies in her book club about Healing Heartaches as the next selection.... Answer?  "I think we don't need a depressing book!" And of course, wouldn't you just know, this from someone who didn't even look at the book, but makes the "final say" on selections... :)  Sent them bookmarks for their "bestsellers" selections anyway! That's how I roll!!! 

And finally... thoughts or questions? Send me an email or leave them in your comments! I do read them you know!!!

Blessings to all from chilly Florida. NO right COB answers... and no.. no clues! haha, COB is coming to FL in 11 days! The four-leggeds' are up to all their mischievous behavior in wild anticipation of ways to make her crazy!

Thanks To Tink for caring for the caterpillar and tending to the seeds, reminding us that 30 seconds of light is approaching earlier with each waking...

Bravo to the Olympians... through tragedy we witnessed triumph and glory ~ Well done. 5 RINGS ~

Walk In Beauty,

DRSES

author of

Healing Heartaches, Stories of Loss and Life

http://www.healingheartaches.com/

18 comments:

Irene said...

Ah, yes, the FULL Snow Moon was orange last eve. Healing Heartaches continues to be my topic with others, the good deeds and visits to those in need were on my list yesterday.
Feel a sense of worth, acomplishment and zest !
New month, new days, new feeling, gaining seconds each day, INTO THE LIGHT !!!
Let's go, everyone...........

Anonymous said...

I look forward to the blog everyday and to others comments. You ROCK Irene! Did I hear longer, warmer days? Love the idea and will wait with bated breath for the warm. Healing Heartaches depressing? Not at all. I found it to be uplifting, filled with warmth, tenderness and affirmations of life. I recommend it without reservation. There is a place on Amazon and Borders where readers can leave a review. I did on both sites. Loved the blog and love the book.

Anonymous said...

Today's title says it all, "How You can Help Healing Heartaches -March 1 "

The book can be a very valuable tool when healing heartaches. Yes, carry it with you with an open heart. Took it with me whilst I was waiting to have my taxes done at H & R block. Was asked what I was reading, proceeded to share and the next thing I knew I was listening to a couples's story of "loss" which was so sad the couple needed to go out to the car to bring in their "therapy puppy."

Reading it under a tree brought me a gentleman who proceeded to tell me how his father died when he was only 21 years young and how he was unable to be there for his grieving mother.
This is where you do not JUMP in and say "hey, my son was 21 when his father died." You learn to listen...at least listen much longer.

Now, be prepared. You may be asked to lead groups, be asked for posters, people may hand you their business cards and ask you to promote them, you may be asked to speak, you may be invited to swim with dolphins, you may be invited to play in the snow, the list can go on. I believe the book says we need to know when to say "NO"....so I do not say yes to everything.

Yesterday's jewery party ( inspired by Joan ) was fun! We figured jewelry, like people gets broken and earrings lose their mates. We decided to donate our broken odds & ends to someone who is designing jewelry. She can take our junk jewelry and turn it into treasures.

To the fancy bookclubs: Follow Healing Heartaches with Tea with Elisabeth. Compare and contrast the work of both. Both Elisabeth and Sherry have whole sections on secrets ( On Grief & Grieving ) both mention the Lion KIng.....etc.....

Time to leave my house & if I was reading something ALREADY on the bestseller list, no one would ask me what I was reading.

She Who Is Whole

chris said...

just a little something to tell everyone--there are angels all around us--I just found this out today. When I was at Wall-mart today in line for a precription, a lady in front of me overheard my conversation with my Dr.s office--when it was her turn at the counster, she turned around and said"I couldn't help but overhear--I'm so sorry about your troubles"
She then put her hand on my shoulder and said "you're going to be fine--I don't feel any negative energy from you". She then hugged me and walked away. I thanked her and she just walked away. When I tried to find her, she was not in the store or the parking lot...WOW talk about angels!!God is good-he sends them just when we need them the most. Thanks for listening!

Anonymous said...

Chris, hold you close to my heart. Positive affirmations always. You will BE FINE. See It Believe It Receive It. You will.
As for the ignorant woman in Ashville who has not only misjudged the nature of Healing Heartaches, but assumed the book is depressing. Your loss. Not only is this a wellspring of healing, but a celebration of the journey, an affirmation of life, and the value of each ones end of life experience and the ones who love them. May be a good idea "Ms Decision Maker for the Book Club" to at least preview the books suggested before you determine the nature of the book. Hope you are reading this blog, may it enlighten you. If you miss this book your club members will be less for not having read it. Sad for you, sad for them.
As for those who have read Healing heartaches, we are richer for having had the experience, and from the many lessons to be learned. Read on. Am anxious to read Dr. Showalter's next book. Is ther on in the future?

Anonymous said...

I am very glad you just found out about all those angels around us today! They are around us, but often we do not take the time to see them or acknowledge them. They do seem to come when we need them the most.
An angel is a "messenger." Sometimes we get to see them or feel their hand on our shoulder (lucky you )
Sometimes we just get to hear them...like that voice that says slam on those brakes NOW. Had one of those angels today. Well I know I slammed on my brakes before I ever saw any car.
Sometimes God asks us to be a "messenger." I have a message on my answering machine from someone who really needs to talk to me cause somebody just died. I need to just listen and assure her that she is being heard. It is not always easy to listen to our angels, nor is it easy to be a "messenger."
I only feel positive energy from you and I will say a special prayer for you.
Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing Chris. Yes, there are angels all around us. I am glad you got to see your "messenger" and feel her hand on your shoulder. I, too, only feel very positive energy from you.
Will keep you in my prayers, Chris.

Anonymous said...

More angels about you holding you in prayer!

Anonymous said...

WE are ALL so interconnected!

Out of 7,977 names submitted for Lily's cub, she finally has a name. Her name is HOPE!

Weren't the last few blogs on HOPE!

Oh...Olivia was on the list of 7,977 names as well as some really cool Native American names, but she is named Hope!

To Chris and everyone, This is HOPE!

Anonymous said...

THIS COMMENT IS TO THE LADY IN ASHVILLE, N. C. WHO ASKED LADIES IN HER BOOK CLUB ABOUT HEALING HEARTACHES AS THE NEXT SELECTION , AND HER ANSWER WAS I THINK WE DONT NEED A DEPRESSING BOOK AND OF COURSE WOULDN'T YOU JUST KNOW THIS WOULD BE FROM SONEONE WHO DID NOT EVEN LOOK AT THE BOOK, BUT SHE MAKES THE FINAL SAY ON SELECTIONS. HEY LADY, YOU OF ALL PEOPLE SHOULD READ THE BOOK, YOU OBVIOUSLY NEED SOME OF THE WISDOM FROM THE BOOK HEALING HEARTACHES. I WOULD GUESS ALL OF YOU LITTLE PRETTY LADIES ARE SITTING AROUND A TABLE READING. I WOULD BET EACH OF YOU HAVE LOST A DEAR ONE, BE HUSBAND, FAMILY OR FRIEND. I AM HERE TO TELL YOU, READ THE BOOK AND IF YOU ARE PUT HERE TO JUDGE THEN DO SO, OF COURSE ALL OF US WHO HAVE ANY EDUCATION AT ALL KNOWS WE ARE NOT PUT HERE TO JUDGE. I WOULD SAY TO YOU, DO YOUR HOME WORK BEFORE YOU TAKE ONE PERSONS WORD THAT YOU DONT NEED THE DEPRESSING BOOK. WHAT A SHAME FOR SOMEONE TO MAKE THAT REMARK WHO HAS NOT READ THE BOOK. MAYBE SOMEONE WITH A LITTLE MORE INTELLIGENCE SHOULD BE THE ONE TO SELECT THE BOOKS FOR YOUR WONDERFUL, PRECIOUS CLUB. GOOD LUCK ON THAT ONE.

Anonymous said...

THIS COMMENT IS TO THE LADY IN ASHVILLE, N. C. WHO ASKED LADIES IN HER BOOK CLUB ABOUT HEALING HEARTACHES AS THE NEXT SELECTION , AND HER ANSWER WAS I THINK WE DONT NEED A DEPRESSING BOOK AND OF COURSE WOULD JUST KNOW THIS FROM SONEONE WHO DID NOT EVEN LOOK AT THE BOOK, BUT MADES THE FINAL SAY ON SELECTIONS. HEY LADY, YOU OF ALL PEOPLE SHOULD READ THE BOOK, YOU OBVIOUSLY NEED SOME OF THE WISDOM FROM THE BOOK HEALING HEARTACHES. I WOULD GUESS ALL OF YOU LITTLE PRETTY LADIES ARE SITTING AROUND A TABLE READING. I WOULD BET EACH OF YOU HAVE LOST A DEAR ONE, BE HUSBAND, FAMILY OR FRIEND. I AM HERE TO TELL YOU, READ THE BOOK AND IF YOU ARE PUT HERE TO JUDGE THEN DO SO, OF COURSE ALL OF US WHO HAVE ANY EDUCATION AT ALL KNOWS WE ARE NOT PUT HERE TO JUDGE. I WOULD SAY TO YOU DO YOUR HOME WORK BEFORE YOU TAKE ONE PERSON WORD YOU DONT NEED THE DEPRESSING BOOK. WHAT A SHAME FOR SOMEONE TO MAKE THAT REMARK WHO HAS NOT READ THE BOOK. MAYBE SOMEONE WITH A LITTLE MORE INTELLIGENCE SHOULD BE THE ONE TO SELECT THE BOOKS FOR YOUR WONDERFUL, PRECIOUS CLUB. GOOD LUCK ON THAT ONE.

Anonymous said...

I do not know what is more full, the Moon or these comments. They both have lots of energy.

Womb of night, Cradle of stars, heal us as we sleep; That we may awaken with HOPE.

Anonymous said...

Chris, hope and peace if mind to you...and healing to your body, mind and soul.
Now COB=
Can't Open Bottle
Crabby Old Biddy
Can Only Bitch

That's all I can offer up! Am I even close?

viridian.com/greendays said...

Healing Heartaches Depressing ??? People People People, not at all - quite the opposite . ASHEVILLE CREW; Time to choose a new book picker. I CHALLENGE YOU ALL NOW TO READ THE BOOK; AND PROVE THE PICKER WRONG !This book speaks to everyone, anyone who has read it can tell you there is more than 1 sentence or phrase that you find and can hold deep in your heart when that "blue" feeling of loss comes over you "BELIEVE"

Anonymous said...

Joan, you go girl, you rock. I am still wondering what that wonderful book club reads. I am also wondering what education the person who said they did not want a depressing book in their club. I would bet they have had losses in their life and probably did not have a clue how to handle and yet maybe they did not care. Read the book.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE Joans's CHALLENGE!
Read the book
Love the Book
Choose to Heal
Choose Someone else to pick the books!

PS Am I the only one who can't find a easy link to just click on to view Joan's jewelry?
I see where to go...but must keep typing in something wrong. A link that you could just click on would be great! Maybe I just can't find it.

Take Joan's Challange!

DrSES said...

http://www.etsy.com/shop/jgrusso2010?view_type=gallery

DrSES said...

RE: Healing Heartaches Inspired Jewelry by Joan... http://www.etsy.com

once at the sight, type Healing Heartaches in the search bar and that should take you to Joan's treasures, from there click on any of the pictures and voila! You are at her stores. If anyone has a better idea, please share it with us!