Tuesday, March 30, 2010

FAMILY ~ FRIENDS ~ FIERCE ~







FAMILY ~ FRIENDS ~ FIERCE
Patti Labelle Sang A Song Called,
"You Are My Friend"... ever heard it?

Family/Friends are the greatest gift of all.





Friend YOURSELF FIRST... Treat yourself well, learn to love you, stand for you, treat you as you would a trusted friend, and then...

Gift your friendship when you can.

It is really the best, most valuable gift of all. There is a line in Patti's song that says, "I've been looking around and you were here all along" ...  hmm, that is right after you here her incredible voice sing, "You are my friend... "

If you have in your life some precious person you can really call your friend, someone who knows you well.

Someone who cares about you through thick and thin. Someone who will STAND FOR YOU, WHILE STANDING BESIDE YOU. You are fortunate, you are blessed~ and once again when listening to Ms Labelle you may just youtube it and hear her sing, "When You've Been Blesed Feels Like Heaven"! Now how bout' that for a Tuesday thought?

Someone who knows your weaknesses and stands by you in spite of your own faults . . . 
then count yourself blessed.



To have a real and true friend,
you must be a friend and a true friend.

You must honor and wear the responsibility of friendship in the most sacred part of your heart.

 A friend is not simply someone who “befriends” you, or someone you are “friendly” with.
A true friend is someone you love.
Someone you treasure.
A person you can count on and that can count on you.
A friend stands beside you in celebration,
and at the darkest hours of your life.
A real friend reassures that you are always valued, even when you feel that you have nothing to give, or when you know you have done the wrong thing.
That is a real friend.
Someone who knows you so well that they feel your joy,
and
share your pain.
They are someone who is "FAMILY OF CHOICE"
THEY ARE "CLAN"
THEY WILL
"CELEBRATE LIFE EVERYDAY
WITH YOU IF YOU ASKED THEM TO"


We each need these staunch and loyal supporters in our lives. They make it all worthwhile. No matter where our lives take us, no matter what hand we are dealt, no matter what happens in a day, an hour or a moment in time; a real friend will always be there for us. To lend a hand, or a give a hug. To sit with us while we struggle with the complexities in our lives. To laugh at our mistakes, to lend laughter when we can not muster up a smile. And to cry with us when circumstances trouble us. There is no greater gift than the gift of friendship, the gift of family and family of choice.



Friends hold our memories. They often remind us of experiences we shared in the past, dreams we hold for the future, wonderment of the now. They help us create new memories with each experience whether good, bad, hard or ugly... THEY STAND FOR US, THEY STOMP, THEY PLAY, THEY DO WHATEVER THEY ARE CALLED UPON TO DO . . .






Lessons we learned together on our marvelous journey. Our friends often remember lessons we have forgotten and can recall them for us.



A true friend can know us well enough to anticipate our needs, even when we can’t put them into words. I know the value of that kind of friend. I have such a friend. If I had only one I would count my blessings. I am so richly blessed to have more than one. I call them my "family of choice", well, I just call them "family" truth be told! They know who they are...




We've all heard the stories of blood relatives and those family conflicts, arguments/heartaches/disappointments, we've watched it on Entertainment tonight with divorce, separations... When a spouse/child/relative of blood disappoints during critical times, or goes MIA (never happens to me I might add),
you hear stories of the  friends and "family of choice"  that step up to the plate every time. Thanks to the Universal Oneness that many seem to have two families... family of origin and family of choice.

I am so richly blessed to have both!

I never have to question my "family of choice" or friends; their loyalty, their love, for I feel it every day. They reside in my heart. They fill my soul with the joy of pure love.

I can ask for no more. For that I give thanks... And So It Is! Wado ~




Having a friend is one of life’s greatest responsibilities. This is a responsibility I take on gladly. FAMILY, FRIENDS, FIERCE, FEARLESS, FABULOUS~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ What A Feeling! (reminds me of a song!)

I strive to NEVER use, abuse, or take lightly the love my friends and family have given me.
I honor them with each breath I take.

Because of their gift to me, my life is richer, fuller, so much more meaningful.

<   >   <   >   <   >   <   >   <   >   <   >



If you find you are without this kind of friend, be the friend you want to have to someone you already care about. If that caring is nurtured by your gift, foster it. If it is dismissed, keep giving of yourself, true friendship will find you. Someone special, whether they are in your life now, or will come into your life in the future ~ by your offering the gift of your friendship you will indeed enjoy this gift.




Pay it forward. Be the friend you wish you had. Not because you want a friend, but because you already have the gift you need to give. The rest will follow. It always does.


I want to again remind you that all things start with you... you firs should be a friend to yourself.

If we respect ourselves, love ourselves, gift ourselves the tenderness, the caring we can gift to others, our path will be easier.


Lastly, family of birth/origin.

If we were really friends with family members we would probably be much more tolerant of their idiosyncrasies. Those nagging little behaviors that would NEVER bother us if we saw them in our friends.

 I guess this is because we are born into our family connections.
Our friends are chosen.
 So while we can’t chose our biological family, nor, change their behavior, the traits our family members display, we can change our reaction to them. For most of us, this can be a useful tool.

 So perhaps we should foster a friendship with our family too. Strive to treat family as we chose to treat a valued friend. At best, we may move closer to more family harmony, or better yet, we may find a potential friend in our family. One that we might have overlooked.

At worst, we will be more tolerant, less demanding, more forgiving. How can that ever be a bad thing.


So for today, I thank my friends and extended family of choice for the gift of themselves. I treasure these friendships more than any possession I have or will ever have. My life is richer because of you. My heart is always held in your hands. I know that it is safe there. Thank you. You are my blessings.

I treasure you more than I can say, but I hope, never more than I show.


One last bit of advice.

Go forward with purpose. Not every effort leads to true friendship, but real friends are our there. As in all things, choose wisely.

Spend your energy where it brings forth the result you desire ~ ~~ ~ ~



Well there you go, guess I had much to think about this morning...

Sure was a pretty moon last night, filled with spirits and their messages of healing to all who gather here ~ messages of hope and healing ways, strength for warriors in the battle, strength and high expectations for the kids that I hear are reading these words as they work in school.

The warpaint is on and we are sending strength for an outstanding day to all including: Cindy Vance, Chris, Jilly, Jeanne, Denise, Jim, Laura, Deni, Pat, Tony, Tommy, Debbie, Tonya, and so many others as they continue on their way ... in so many ways. You are with the a tribe of angels, and powerful angels at that! Stand tall, walk tall, you each an inspiration to all ~

Let us not forget to send thoughts of gratitude and prayer to those who are defending our freedoms as we support our troops today and all days along with the veterans of this page, I say
Wado!


The fire is burning brightly here, the embers are hot, and the smoke is rising on the winds with thoughts of healing ways to all ~ as always
sending energy and fluidity of movement that will rock you!

Walk In Beauty,

DRSES

author of
Healing Heartaches, Stories of Loss and Life

http://www.drsherryeshowalter.com/

6 comments:

Irene said...

Friends are my world, my touch with touch.
I have a friend from Kindergarden that used to call me from the backyard: "Can Irene come out to play ?" He and I STILL call each other
and e mail. 1500 miles between us cannot break the bond. Easter Week 1976, I spent
6 weeks in the Philippines with my friend.
We are everything Sherry's blog described in a friend. I AM A FRIEND , so I have friends.
Sherry: thank you for sharing and bringing this to our frontal lobes, a reminder to cherish and value our friends & family.
NOW, ONTO THIS TOPIC:
Tonite is the FULL WORM MOON :
As the temperature begins to warm & the ground begins to thaw, earthworm casts appear, heralding the return of the robins. The more
northern tribes knew this Moon as the FULL CROW MOON, when the cawing of crows signaled the end of winter or the FULL CRUST MOON, because the snow cover becomes crusted from the thawing by day & freezing at night. The FULL SAP MOON, marking the time of tapping maple trees, is another variation. To the settlers, it was also known as the LENTEN MOON and was considered to be the last full Moon of
winter. From the Farmer's Almanac.
Today's brain-clogging info brought to you by:
F I R M

chris said...

Irene, I loved your wanderings regarding the moon. To me,whatever you call it, it's still beautiful.!!
Sherry & Dorothy and all who follow on the blog-thanks for being my friend--I have family but friends like you are a rare and precious gift. Thank you all.As for the surgery, I am most the time pain free. Occasionally, I get a twinge or sharp pain, but it's all good. Now, I sit and wait until the tests results are in. So, I'm calling all angels to keep the prayers going until I get all the results. Thank you for that. I now include Cindy, Jilly and all the others that Sherry mentioned in my prayer request so that we can get enjoy Sherry's mind (coffee thoughts) all the time.

Anonymous said...

FRIENDS ARE THE BEST THE WORLD HAS TO OFFER...I AM BLESSED TO HAVE .... A HANDFUL OF LONG TIME FRIENDS, FAMILY MEMBERS WHO ARE my friends, and a trio or four of new found friends whom I'll treasure forever...Thanks Sherry for today's read, as always, well said and providing TOOLS FOR A BRIGHTER DAY ! ! mY BEST TO YOU ALL, ESPECIALLY MY FRIENDS....

Anonymous said...

Hello friends. My family is all deceased so I have only family of choice. The friends I hold in my heart.These friends are my family. Without them I wuld really be alone in this world. I treasure each one. My feartt is full, and yet there is always room fo another as I move through the journey through life. Thank you for letting me know the love and caring IZ give is so freely and warmly returned.
Thank you,
Dorothy

Anonymous said...

Dr. SES, friends of choice, family of choice, family and true friends will always be there. Family will always be there to love you and their hearts will always be with you wherever you go. Your family of choice will be with your family and they will be one. There may be conflicts in all relationships but that does not keep each other from loving and caring. We will fight for each other, no one will destruct us, no one will win against us. We have friends of many years who are here for us, we have new friends that become old friends, but love of friends will never die. Keep on leading us and we will follow. We will not accept the negative in our life. We will live, laugh and love. We will also disagree with each other, we will talk it out and find what the problem is and head it off before it becomes too big issue to handle. We love the blogs and we are waiting for Chris to come and STOMP real loud in Fl.. I do not live in Fl.. but I will be there someday when she returns and we hold her with the Angels saying she is in good hands. Blessings

viridian.com/greendays said...

I am blessed to come from a very large wonderful family, but my family of choice are equally as important to me. Iv'e heard it said that in life there are no coincidences, you have the people in your life that are meant to be there for a reason, some for a short time and some for a life time. I am thankful for all of them. Life can be challenging, and it is our family and friends who carry us through.